Holland | Rochester NY

cityman

TB Lurker
Credits
Has anyone heard about a possible loss of freight at the Buffalo terminal? One rumor has Holland interlining Rochester freight with NewPenn,which is currently Bflo P@D work. If true this would be a big loss to Holland Bflo. This is one of the many rumors flying around that may happen in the near future. I am not sure if the company would have to file a change of operations since the work would go to a sister company,thus not allowing Holland employees to follow the freight?

It would suprise me at this time for that to happen. That isn't to say something couldn't happen in the future. Why would you give the Rochester area to New Penn when Holland is still in Syracuse and there service areas meet. Even when Red Star was in the picture Holland sreviced the area themselves and from what I saw did a good job. I think this first post could just be a fishing trip to see what you get back.

Last summer there was suppose to have been a change of operations, splitting the Rochester freight between buffalo and Syracuse, with Syracuse getting the freight east of rt. 350 and buffalo getting the west. It wouldn't make sense to interline to new Penn, you would lose 1 day service and most of the freight, shippers don't like to hear the word interline.

Last summer there was suppose to have been a change of operations, splitting the Rochester freight between buffalo and Syracuse, with Syracuse getting the freight east of rt. 350 and buffalo getting the west. It wouldn't make sense to interline to new Penn, you would lose 1 day service and most of the freight, shippers don't like to hear the word interline.

your right about the dreaded "interline" word. they hate their frt. being touched or transferred to anyone. i constantly have to explain to them who USF is.

yo....

i saw a press release last night stating that reddaway and bestway were merging, holland was entering jackson, ms, wichita ks, and one other market....

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ps; the current president of reddaway is going to pursue other interests...