Yellow | Rock Island, IL.Terminal Shutdown due to Tornado????

Jodroadway

TB Lurker
Credits
Does anyone have any information on Rock Island? Hubby was told when bringing freight from SB today, that he had to go ahead to the Heights, when he had Rock Island freight load, he asked about running it to Rock Island instead and was told that the Rock Island Terminal was closed due to a Tornado? Was trying to find out, from damage? leveled? recently? awhile back? Thanks in advance for any info. :smilie_132:

No, It wasn't a tornado. Just a lot of rain and staight line winds up to 94 m.p.h.! The rock wasn't damaged, but it has no electricity until a generator can be hooked up. Local power is predicted to be out for possibly 72 hours.

No, It wasn't a tornado. Just a lot of rain and staight line winds up to 94 m.p.h.! The rock wasn't damaged, but it has no electricity until a generator can be hooked up. Local power is predicted to be out for possibly 72 hours.
Thanks for the update, vasis. I thought RDWY put in generators at all the BB's?? Winston got theirs about 4 or so years ago.......I think we lost power twice since!! DS.

The Rock was up and running last night. I haven't worked there since Feb. so I really don't know if there was any damage, but as far as the whole area it is terrible. Like someone said in an earlier post, lots of rain and 94 mph wind. I just got off work and five minutes later it hit, then 5 minutes later it was done. Lots of damage to lots of houses, lots of people without power. Driving thru the Quad Cities and seeing all of the damage, it still is a shock to see it all, especially when there was no tornado.