Holland | Roll Call USF

Hey Grizz, How long ago did Holland shut down the terminal that they had in Lexington, Tn.?

Sorry it took so long to get back. W.T. has been closed down about 5 years. MTD is closer to Jackson. Its located in Brownsville (exit 56), about 6 miles off I 40. I have peddled Jackson the last 2 years. I'm about to try the dock for a while. Our city bids all start times are later than I like. Our new TM likes forcing men off the dock, lots of OT. GRIZZ

Soon To Be a USF Reddaway P&D Driver in L.A.!!!

Hello everyone!! I am soon to be hired at the L.A. terminal. I am currently working for Yellow as a casual P&D driver. I've been with Yellow for almost a year now and I am still a casual???? Do you guys think I should make the move to USF Reddaway or stay with Yelllow??? I really like Yellow but management gives ALL the casuals the run around when we ask them " when will I get hired on" I really like that USF hires on full time and the Teamsters contract is almost done. I would really apreciate some feedback from all you guys. Thanks!!!

Hi Check Check!!
To answer your question about going to work for Reddaway vs,staying at Yellow, From a person with inside Knowledge of the current Contract talks, I'd advise you to stay put for a few weeks until the agreement is signed!!
As of last Tuesday(July 10,2007) Talks had reached an impasse, and the Union had asked for and received approval for a sanctioned Strike against Reddaway. I was with the Union reps up here when we got the call requesting we go out with the Southern Terminals. When asked how fast before a Strike, I was told, "Could happen as early as July,16th.
Again I'd stay put until this merger gets put to bed!!