roll call

Hey,guys & gals, Wolfman here.I worked for CF in Nashville,TN for 11 yrs,from 1991 until close in the city and dock and some on the road.It was a good job until the last year,when everybody knew they were determined to close it down.After that,I worked awhile at Holland,and then got on the road at Yellow.I worked there until Yellow and Roadway completely merged.I got laid off 2 weeks after the merger,and went on and took my retirement. I just hope the pension fund holds up for all of us.Good luck to all of you and hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Hey all, worked in Memphis, Tn until close in the city. Ran to the railyard mostly in the final years. Sad day when I got that recorded phone call.

CF Closing

I never even got that recorded phone call.I got the news from some of the other guys at CF.It was a real slap in the face,the way they did the closing on Labor Day.Yes, it was a sad day,You can see it coming,but in the back of your mind you think maybe it won't really happen,or they might hang on a few more years.CF was the 5th union line to close on me,and it certainly isn't any fun starting over at the bottom,working up to a halfway decent shift,and getting the skids kicked out from under you again.Well,good luck to you and hope you have a good Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Happy Thanksgiving to All
On another subject, Charles "Bird Killer" Schrader who lived and worked in Waco, TX died on Nov 15th, 2010. Bird Killer worked for the REA and several other companies and retired from Yellow Freight in Waco and was a member of the Local 745 in Dallas. Today and everyday, hold and tell those who are dear to you that you love them. Tomorrow might be to late.
Jugs

Mobile,AL Driver

Hey guys! Jon here from MAB (Mobile,AL), was with CF from 1992-2002.. Driver, P&D, Dock, Line-haul, etc... Never went back after that faithful day on Labor Day 2002. Only one in Mobile that never returned to empty out the pipeline.

Started in 1970 in Richfield. Moved to Buffalo and ran the shop there untill 1979. Moved back to the AC shop in 79. Parted ways with CF (anyone remember Dick Dunning?) in 1985. Spent 21 Years with Yellow at Columbus. Now semi retired and hauling steel out of Cleveland as an owner operator.

D2Denny

You know what strikes me funny about all these posts? We all seem to agree it was and will always be the best job we all had. Hope you all had a Merry Christmas and wishing you all a very happy New Year!!

I think that is because the drivers didn't back stab like they do now a days. We helped one another out.....not try to get them fired to go up a notch on the seniority list. Not saying everyone is like that ...but you see them.
:wavey:

great answer Stimpy. for most part the people that left are union card carries not union members you can tell that by there posting on the three union sites.

cf flagstaff 1985-1995... cf phoenix 1995-2002 (stuck on the sleepers). abf kingman 2002-2007 retired but still workin' casual. twitch.

Hey everyone. Best job I ever had. Worked at York Pa and Carlisle pa. York sign still standing next to I-83 and phone number still listed in phone book!

worked in Kansas City 1988-2002. I sure miss that job. We had a good bunch of people in KC that looked after each other. when CF went out and was working casual at Yellow the employees there made it clear that they didn't want us there. Not all but most are arrogant and think Yellow is the best thing going. That was then but I kinda doubt that they have the same feeling now.

Hi everyone, I finally retired out of Yellow in November. Worked for CF

out of Buffalo NY, York PA and Richmond VA. Hope everyone is doing good.

Sure was a fun place to work

Worked at Yellow in 2002-2009, then got layed off. Most anti-union, bunch of ***** I've ever worked with in my life. I worked at C.F. in Richfield for 11 years. Loved that job.

Worked in KC from 91 to 94. Thought I had a life time job. Best group of guys that I ever worked with. Still go by the terminal (now ABF) when I am in KC, lot of great memories