roll call

Frank Santos I started in Spokane wa in 79 moved to Osburn, ID then to Seattle,wa 89 to 2002. I sometimes miss the guys girls. I still work with a lot of them on the waterfront (Longshore). Hope all are having a good 2013.

Worked for the bulk commodities (tanker) division from 1967 - 1969 out of Martinez CA. Worked both the transcon routes (mostly to and from the chemical plants in and around Charleston W VA. to and from either the LA or the SF Bay Area) and then primarily up and down the I-5 corridor. Things got slow in mid 69 so I went over to the heavy haul/flatbed division, Clark Farnsworth from 69 through 1971. Both divisions had a bunch of good guys. There is still an old CF tanker in Anchorage. It sits by a railroad crossing and appears to be abandoned. And there's a couple of vans in the Wasilla area. Looks like they're used for storage. Still have an old small style CF belt buckle although the porcelain is chipped. Although there had to be some bad days in those years, I recall some really great days in that period. Do any of you recall when we West Coast drivers struck the IBT over the sweetheart deal that was initially given to the Chicago drivers by Hoffa? I think we wildcatted for less than a week and got the same deal under the national master freight agreement.