SEFL | rotating days off(lack of work day)

Girn

TB Lurker
Credits
Here in wpb we are AGAIN going through the mandatory lack of work days. We are to call in at 8:00 am to see if we will work that day. After your day working, you check the next day schedule only to find out that you must call in to see if there is a load that has your name on it, or at worst, you are given the option to either turn a wrench in our shop, or push a broom on the dock after close out. neither is desirable or a guaranteed 8 hours. Is this happening elsewhere? Your thoughts on this..............

Here in wpb we are AGAIN going through the mandatory lack of work days. We are to call in at 8:00 am to see if we will work that day. After your day working, you check the next day schedule only to find out that you must call in to see if there is a load that has your name on it, or at worst, you are given the option to either turn a wrench in our shop, or push a broom on the dock after close out. neither is desirable or a guaranteed 8 hours. Is this happening elsewhere? Your thoughts on this..............

i havent been rotated in about 2 months, in fact my barn hired 2 drivers. i can understand your frustration, ive been working 45-50 hrs for the past 2 months. just hang in there. and yes ive heard that the bigger termials are doing major rotation.

Thanks for your reply mikejones234. you are line haul I see , do you know if any of your p@d drivers at your terminal are in a rotation, and how about any of the terminals you drop at.I am not asking you to become a mole or anything like that,just wondering what you might see in your runs.....

Thanks for your reply mikejones234. you are line haul I see , do you know if any of your p@d drivers at your terminal are in a rotation, and how about any of the terminals you drop at.I am not asking you to become a mole or anything like that,just wondering what you might see in your runs.....

i no longer run line haul, i switched back to p&d. my terminal hired 2 p&d drivers, BUT they are doing a rotation. which makes no sense to me. But I think i know why, its a conspricay. They can pay a new hire alot less than what they can pay someone at top pay:1036316054: talked to drivers out of fay, flo, and wilm, and they are all pissed, seems this is going on there also.

here in lrk we're staying busy, they said every terminal west is growning. we have been working 45-55 hours. but we are still new in area with only 3 yrs.

Knoxville has hired Part time dock workeres and I believe at least one City Driver . Don't know if they are doing any rotations

Knoxville has hired Part time dock workeres and I believe at least one City Driver . Don't know if they are doing any rotations

Thank you tater and j-cal for your response. the funny thing here is that there is enough work to keep us working 5 thru without a day off. around 2;00 pm the dispatchers get frazzled because after cutting 2 runs out that day they scurry around trying to get all THEIR pickups covered after cutting the 2 guys that day. This seems to me to be self defeating in the long run. What I think is going on is they are using the "lack of work days" as a ruse so they can reduce the p@d costs ratio to their benefit. Mean while I am loosing big bucks that my family needs!!!!! And how come its just the drivers that must rotate???????How about the dock, reduced freight means they do not need as many dock personnel on any given day. Or customer service staff. I realize that those depts. are not p@d related but if we are going to trim the fat spread the knife around to all area's of the cow not just the hoofs!!!!

Thank you tater and j-cal for your response. the funny thing here is that there is enough work to keep us working 5 thru without a day off. around 2;00 pm the dispatchers get frazzled because after cutting 2 runs out that day they scurry around trying to get all THEIR pickups covered after cutting the 2 guys that day. This seems to me to be self defeating in the long run. What I think is going on is they are using the "lack of work days" as a ruse so they can reduce the p@d costs ratio to their benefit. Mean while I am loosing big bucks that my family needs!!!!! And how come its just the drivers that must rotate???????How about the dock, reduced freight means they do not need as many dock personnel on any given day. Or customer service staff. I realize that those depts. are not p@d related but if we are going to trim the fat spread the knife around to all area's of the cow not just the hoofs!!!!

they had 3 drivers to set at the house on friday b/c they said they had lack of work, i hit the clock at 8am and clocked out at 730pm. It seems like they are working drivers to death, this is not fair when you have 3 drivers sitting at the house who prob want to be working. Our senior p&d driver been there around 28 yrs said he was writting a letter to tobin.:1036316054: told him not to put his name on there if he wanted to keep his job:hide:

they had 3 drivers to set at the house on friday b/c they said they had lack of work, i hit the clock at 8am and clocked out at 730pm. It seems like they are working drivers to death, this is not fair when you have 3 drivers sitting at the house who prob want to be working. Our senior p&d driver been there around 28 yrs said he was writting a letter to tobin.:1036316054: told him not to put his name on there if he wanted to keep his job:hide:

U are so rite. the guys who are not worked that day would love to. And the rest of the guys who did work had to not only do their normalduties but had to do the extra workload of the drivers who were off.FOR WHO, FOR WHAT, FOR WHY.......

mikejones234, it sounds like the MAN is out to get you!! Please take your meds!! Every area is growing, or not, at a different pace. The new service areas are experiencing growth while the arm pit of SC is not?

mikejones234, it sounds like the MAN is out to get you!! Please take your meds!! Every area is growing, or not, at a different pace. The new service areas are experiencing growth while the arm pit of SC is not?

Letmeknow, you need to change your handle because every time someone lets you know something you don't accept the knowledge , you try to refute it with jibberish[COLOR="Black" ]that my 4 year old does not understand!!!![/COLOR] KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, EMBRACE IT BECAUSE IT WILL EMPOWER, OTHERWISE IT WILL DEVAWOURE.

i no longer run line haul, i switched back to p&d. my terminal hired 2 p&d drivers, BUT they are doing a rotation. which makes no sense to me. But I think i know why, its a conspricay. They can pay a new hire alot less than what they can pay someone at top pay:1036316054: talked to drivers out of fay, flo, and wilm, and they are all pissed, seems this is going on there also.

It only takes a year to get to top pay...that would not make sense, would it?

It only takes a year to get to top pay...that would not make sense, would it?

yes it would, this company is trying to get rid of drivers especially senior drivers, so they can pay the newbies less b/c there isnt enough work for all the drivers. go the the big term ask those p&d drivers why they are greasing trucks and trailers instead of driving.