SEFL | Rotation in June?

My buddy's dad is a retired city driver out of your Greenville, SC terminal who still works part time. They have been asking him to work alot lately. I can't speak for the whole terminal, but I don't think they would rotate FT and work a PT.

At my barn we are working all P@D but alot of people on vacation. I know linehaul has been sitting at home alot while the outside carrier Total Transport hauls their loads, they seem pretty upset but what do u do in this great economy but *****. I dont think this recovery is as great as the media liberals think it is or great Democrats think it is. Im glad our goverment has doubled our debt in last couple years to get the great results, and just think this free health care is looming in the near future to be paid by me and you but i forgot they tell us there will be no new taxes for that it will just come out of thin air.. ok ill stop now Happy 4th of July and remember to VOTE IN NOVEMBER

my barn is rotating city and linehaul. its amazing they had this past week restricted for vacations,but yet they rotate drivers.

OK How about this. We have 2 guys on vacation (the most allowed at once per the tm) and a driver from another terminal to help and I(a p&d driver) get rotated.

At my barn we are working all P@D but alot of people on vacation. I know linehaul has been sitting at home alot while the outside carrier Total Transport hauls their loads, they seem pretty upset but what do u do in this great economy but *****. I dont think this recovery is as great as the media liberals think it is or great Democrats think it is. Im glad our goverment has doubled our debt in last couple years to get the great results, and just think this free health care is looming in the near future to be paid by me and you but i forgot they tell us there will be no new taxes for that it will just come out of thin air.. ok ill stop now Happy 4th of July and remember to VOTE IN NOVEMBER

Boy they'd really be hot if they worked at Con-way! They put as much of our freight on other people's trucks as possible!

Hey guys, what do you mean by rotating drivers? Does this mean that drivers have to take turns sitting home when they would rather work? Or does it mean they need to take turns working more than they prefer? Just asking because I'm thinking about applying with Southeastern in their south Charlotte terminal.

Hurstbourne

Hey guys, what do you mean by rotating drivers? Does this mean that drivers have to take turns sitting home when they would rather work? Or does it mean they need to take turns working more than they prefer? Just asking because I'm thinking about applying with Southeastern in their south Charlotte terminal.

Hurstbourne

They start at the bottom of the seniority list (at least they are suppose to) and they put on the schedule for you to call in at a specific time the next day and at that time they tell you if your working that day or staying home. If you stay home, you are then scheduled to work the next day while the next man on top of you calls in the next day to see if he works or not. And they go on up the list till it reaches the top and they start over at the bottom. If you call in, and they need you to work, the next day you will call in again to see if they need you. You will be put on call everyday until you rotate off. They may have multiple guys on call. In FAY, they have been putting 6 guys on call at a time. They may rotate all of them, or they may only rotate half of them. They have been going so fast thru the list that the drivers who rotated on Monday, may rotate again on Friday. That sucks. Where the p and d drivers are rotated daily, our combo and linehaul drivers have been rotating one off every two or three weeks. give or take, but nothing like those in the city. Hope this helps.

They start at the bottom of the seniority list (at least they are suppose to) and they put on the schedule for you to call in at a specific time the next day and at that time they tell you if your working that day or staying home. If you stay home, you are then scheduled to work the next day while the next man on top of you calls in the next day to see if he works or not. And they go on up the list till it reaches the top and they start over at the bottom. If you call in, and they need you to work, the next day you will call in again to see if they need you. You will be put on call everyday until you rotate off. They may have multiple guys on call. In FAY, they have been putting 6 guys on call at a time. They may rotate all of them, or they may only rotate half of them. They have been going so fast thru the list that the drivers who rotated on Monday, may rotate again on Friday. That sucks. Where the p and d drivers are rotated daily, our combo and linehaul drivers have been rotating one off every two or three weeks. give or take, but nothing like those in the city. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info. It makes me a little nervous to let go of what I have now though. The company I work for now has more work than we can handle and they run me pretty hard. We haul our own product and aren't dependent on the ups and downs of freight availability. Or the seasonal variations where you starve in the winter and run hard in the summer. They even contract out our overflow work to other carriers. I never have to worry about getting enough miles. We're on electronic logs and I use up my 70 most weeks.

I was just hoping to get home more often without taking a pay cut. I'm sure Southeastern is the better job for those with seniority, but I may need to stay with Tyson.

Hurstbourne