Rough Day For Fedex Ground Package Drivers One In The Hospital And One Dead

Yes very bad day for Fedex,as any death or injury is a great loss,of truckers who are mainly owner operators in the ground division.

Bus ran a red light. That's a highway bus.( not city ) . Been a lot of bad bus wrecks the last few years...Seems like some fly by night bus companies get away with things ( hiring questionable drivers and safety related problems with the busses etc, ) that trucking companies can't.. Trucks and truck drivers are being held to a higher standard.

Is it just me or have there been what appear to be a INCREASE in FedEx and U.P.S. truck accidents, crashes, wrecks in just a few years??

**not all accidents/crashes/wrecks being the fault of Drivers/Sub Contractors for FedEx and U.P.S.***

Thank You.

Deaths of ANY Drivers for ANY Company are tragedies.

Before you can address that question, you have to factor in the size of these 2 companies (FedEx and UPS), and factor in how many vehicles each have on the roads. The more vehicles you have on the road, the higher your chances become of one of your vehicles being involved in an accident.

Trucks and truck drivers are being held to a higher standard.

Yes, but the problem our industry faces is that we have quite a few drivers out there who think they know better than the FMCSA and DOT, and will do whatever they want regardless of the standards they are being held too.

We get a lot of Fed Ex and Fed Ex Ground(green Logo?) guys up here on linehaul and I'll tell you with the exception of a couple of Fed Ex guys their mostly decent BUT the Ground guys that's another whole story!!! I've been out here a long time and I don't recall the last time that there was a group that as a whole just drive like complete AS@#*%s!!!!

I hit the like for the (TB) members who post crashes to make all who come here for a look aware of the dark side of this industry.
You who have been steering wheel holders for a living know how important it is to be rested,to be alert,& focused on your driving to come home safe to your loved ones.
As well as the awareness if you don't follow that process you could become a name on a crash report that may be posted on this forum.

The whole purpose of this thread topic is for the safety of all commercial drivers that are members,or visitors of this message board.

So my Like is simply recognizing the contributors that post the crash news links on this forum,for all who view them will be safe drivers.

This is a sad think but explain yourself Apostolic why you like this??? n

He shouldn't have to explain himself. Not all of us keep our mouths shut every time there's a fatality. I personally hate it when people say things like "You're disrespecting the dead when you talk about how they died, blah, blah, blah". You need to talk about accidents and why they happen to prevent them from happening again.