ABF | Roy M. Slagle "Consultant" @$27,000 per month

Sumting Wong

TB Lurker
Credits
On October 24, 2014, the Board of Directors of ArcBest Corporation. ("Company") approved entry into a consulting agreement ("Agreement") with Roy M. Slagle ("Consultant") pursuant to which he will perform consulting services over a period of three years, commencing October 15, 2014. Under the terms of the Agreement, the Consultant will be paid $27,000 per month and be reimbursed for reasonable and necessary business expenses. The Consultant is subject to confidentiality and non-competition covenants. The Consultant has agreed that, for the period of the Agreement and for twelve months following the end of the term of the Agreement, he will not engage in competitive activities with the Company and its affiliates. The Consultant has also agreed that, for the term of the Agreement, he will not solicit customers or employees of the Company or otherwise interfere with the business of the Company and its affiliates. In the event the Consultant becomes disabled or the consulting relationship between the Consultant and the Company is terminated by the Company without cause, the consulting fees will continue through the original term of the Agreement. Otherwise the consulting fees will terminate upon termination of the Agreement.

Summary of ARCBEST CORP /DE/ - Yahoo! Finance

Sure good thing we took concessions, otherwise Roy would have had to keep working...At least this way he can enjoy his retirement, consult for 10 minutes reminiscing and get paid his $27,000.00 a month and not feel guilty taking the members vacation money away... Good time to be a corporate executive!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hush money! Some day it will all come out. Doesn't anyone wonder why the no disclosure runs through the current agreement they have with us?

Hush money! Some day it will all come out. Doesn't anyone wonder why the no disclosure runs through the current agreement they have with us?
I wonder about a lot of things and this whole thing smells rotten to me. What has Roy done and what is he so capable of that he's worth that kind of money as a "consultant"? I'm not buying it. I'd love to hear what Robert Young III thinks about all of this. And I mean what he really thinks, not what he would tell us. It is quite disheartening the way things are going lately. It will be interesting to see where it all goes from here.

Great minds think alike. That was the conclusion I came to after reading the article. Sounds to me like ole Roy is getting paid to keep secrets in house. Every bonus, stock option, pay raise, corporate hands out is just a kick in the nuts to us.

There is more to this story than Roy just deciding to retire without prior notice or before he is 65.

They have to start burning thru the money . The end of the contract will be here before you know it !! They will ask for another give back-then when the vote is yes-they will make more useless job titles that pay over 100 grand a year so people can show up with the dunkin donut coffee cup in hand telling us how much they love us,all the while checking the pda to catch the people stealing company time- never taking time to notice that it might be themselves. It's hard to make revenue for the company when you are standing around with your hands in your pockets.

Great minds think alike. That was the conclusion I came to after reading the article. Sounds to me like ole Roy is getting paid to keep secrets in house. Every bonus, stock option, pay raise, corporate hands out is just a kick in the nuts to us.
And with each and every kick in the nuts I care even less. I have to tell you that I feel much better now that
I don't care if I have to wait, I don't care if the freight won't fit and I don't care if the next customer will be closed if I don't get there in time. I show up on time, work my skills and the rest...well, I just don't care.

And with each and every kick in the nuts I care even less. I have to tell you that I feel much better now that
I don't care if I have to wait, I don't care if the freight won't fit and I don't care if the next customer will be closed if I don't get there in time. I show up on time, work my skills and the rest...well, I just don't care.

Your not alone ABFer. This is a growing problem ... Employee's losing faith with the company and the Teamsters since the passing of the contract.

ARCBest/ABF pissing large amounts of money away that won't bring in a single penny to the better the company or profits. Hiring more management with no experience, just to watch over Teamster employee's... Who's watching over the management?

PISSING AWAY $27,000 A MONTH ON ROY SLAGLE
...PRICELESS

Come next contract they will be right back asking for more concessions claiming they are at a dis-advantage

One positive on this contract. I don't rush around anymore. I find myself more relaxed at work, if you can imagine that. If it can't be done within my timeframe, it doesn't happen. No more giving extra. just do what I got to do to get from my AM punch to my PM punch.

I am with you brother. I used to tell them where I could find an empty, but not anymore. Their precious computer should tell them. Except for Chad, it is a rare occasion to see a supervisor walk the dock. Daniel is also walking the dock. He is smart enough to know that good freight management can’t be done from a monitor without actually looking @ the freight. Since moving back from 319, the parking looks like Charlie shelled it. They don’t care about fixing the fox holes, I don’t care. They don’t care to replace the light by doors 1 & 2 making for a more dangerous work place & night, I don’t care. They don’t care to clean the apron, to prevent a nail from going thru your foot, I don’t care. If a formal complaint to Indiana OSHA was made, would they care?

There is more to this story than Roy just deciding to retire without prior notice or before he is 65.

The stock closed Friday at $38.70. If at the close of business on Monday the stock trades at $29.99 or lower I am saying that is why he was fired. For the Second quarter they reported the best quarterly earnings since 2007 but the stock closed down 24.97%. If this happens again due to an earnings "MISS" I am saying this is a main reason for his firing.

At the end of this contract I'll have 34 years and will be old enough to retire. If gets crappy...see ya!

$27000.00 a MONTH! ....Man!....I don't care if he has his own crystal ball and can read the competition's mind at a hundred miles away..........ain't NOBODY worth $27,000.00 a MONTH! I hope that he realizes this is a direct insult to the people he helped....trick...into this concessionary contract, and that his........consulting fee......comes off the back of working people,......he could probably wring our sweat out of the monthly check.........I hope he's setting aside some of that money for perpetual re-seeding of his eventual gravesite. All that urine tends to destroy the grass.........