Yellow | Rt 158 Sc

serta

TB Veteran
Credits
Whats yp with all these roll overs down there? Another driver lost it on that road. Thats like 4 in the last couple months. :holysheep: :poster_oops: Pretty soon they're going to ban doubles on those back roads.

We do not need to be on backroads with pups. This is RDWY's attempt to cut miles, while blaming us for the service failures because we don't deliver on-time. Stick to the big roads, pay the extra 4 miles, and lets get back on our feet!!

serta said:
Whats yp with all these roll overs down there? Another driver lost it on that road. Thats like 4 in the last couple months. :holysheep: :poster_oops: Pretty soon they're going to ban doubles on those back roads.
These roads that you mention are not engineered for pups. Maybe cost factor of putting trls back on the wheels will open some eyes.:mail1:

That highway isn't too bad. Lots of truck traffic running out of Va. The worst thing I can think of is you have road then grass, not much of a shoulder. DS.

Docksteward said:
That highway isn't too bad. Lots of truck traffic running out of Va. The worst thing I can think of is you have road then grass, not much of a shoulder. DS.
Roadway Widths for High-Traffic Volume Roads
The United States has over 4.8 million km (3 million mi) of two-lane highways, and about 90 percent of these roads haved increase traffic volumes. Many of these roads were designed and built to standards that haven't been upgraded for truck traffic.For example, over one-fourth of the mileage has lane widths of 2.7 m (9 ft) or less and two-thirds have shoulder widths of 1.2 m (4 ft) or less. Because funding is not available to reconstruct all two-lane highways to meet current design standards of the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO), State and local highway agencies must decide which roads to reconstruct. Current design standards do not provide the guidance necessary to make safety, operations, and cost trade-offs. This investigation was undertaken to develop revised roadway width guidelines based on accident analyses, cost estimates, and operational considerations.Another factor is property needed to widen rural roadways. Roadway has taken us of the interstates to save a dime to trip over a dollar. I'm just saying they put us in more danger on rural roads. Heres another bad spot going to Toledo OH route 18+20 and 224 +250 rural routes with trucks passing you at 55mph with no shoulders. No where to get off the side if another big rigger comes at you head on. 110 mph impacted kiss your butt go bye.

thegr8one said:
Roadway Widths for High-Traffic Volume Roads
The United States has over 4.8 million km (3 million mi) of two-lane highways, and about 90 percent of these roads haved increase traffic volumes. Many of these roads were designed and built to standards that haven't been upgraded for truck traffic.For example, over one-fourth of the mileage has lane widths of 2.7 m (9 ft) or less and two-thirds have shoulder widths of 1.2 m (4 ft) or less. Because funding is not available to reconstruct all two-lane highways to meet current design standards of the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO), State and local highway agencies must decide which roads to reconstruct. Current design standards do not provide the guidance necessary to make safety, operations, and cost trade-offs. This investigation was undertaken to develop revised roadway width guidelines based on accident analyses, cost estimates, and operational considerations.Another factor is property needed to widen rural roadways. Roadway has taken us of the interstates to save a dime to trip over a dollar. I'm just saying they put us in more danger on rural roads. Heres another bad spot going to Toledo OH route 18+20 and 224 +250 rural routes with trucks passing you at 55mph with no shoulders. No where to get off the side if another big rigger comes at you head on. 110 mph impacted kiss your butt go bye.
You sw boys have all the adventures!:bananapowerslide:

Toxic can tell you more about hwy 158 better than I can. I'm sure he's been up and down it several times. DS.

Hey DS, DOT told driver that he was the 3 roadway turn over in the past 2 months on 158. Then again this is only second hand info..Next time I'm down that way I'll have follow the straight and narrow path. haha