FedEx Freight | RTFM!

Crank the landing gear on down until there's a gap between the deck plate and fifth wheel, it's a little more challenging if the trailer is loaded and you may have to wait on the air ride to settle out.

Excellent and effective advice. Huge difference that made.

In all my years, I never had the ability to slide the 5th wheel. Companies just didn't include the option. Always willing to learn something, and I thank you for the assist. :1036316054:
NOTE: I used the word "should" because in most cases it will BUT if one hasn't been slid in a while, I have had to go to the shop and have them spray lubricant on the pins and engage the 5th wheel slide unlock button while they beat them with a sledge hammer!! :1036316054:

Also good tip. The funny thing is when seeking assistance from the shop, both methods were tried and neither seemed to help. Eventually using both, it finally moved.

Now it is more willing to move and can be done with little or no drama. Thanks all! :clapping:

Last edited:
Excellent and effective advice. Huge difference that made.

In all my years, I never had the ability to slide the 5th wheel. Companies just didn't include the option. Always willing to learn something, and I thank you for the assist. :1036316054:

Also good tip. The funny thing is when seeking assistance form the shop, both methods were tried and neither seemed to help. Eventually using both, it finally moved.

Now it is more willing to move and can be done with little or no drama. Thanks all! :clapping:
At my old job sometimes I would slide my fifthwheel 3 or 4 times a day so you figure it out.