FedEx Freight | "RUMOR" calif economy freight to go 2 day rail service to chicago

For some strange reason we now have 2 new tandum axle tractors on our yard .......hmmmmmmm ..............want to bet a soda pop on why
I'll know for sure when the first rail trailer shows up

They are single axle drives with a tag axle ..... :wtflol:

Slackdragon said:
For some strange reason we now have 2 new tandum axle tractors on our yard .......hmmmmmmm ..............want to bet a soda pop on why
I'll know for sure when the first rail trailer shows up

They are single axle drives with a tag axle ..... :wtflol:
How bout some pics? Its not a conspiracy theory that we are using rail.

I was informed last night that Management has no intention of having one company board. "It would be too much chaos to make only a few people happy. The company does not want to mix match city/road drivers. Why not have drivers bid for the shop or dock when they dont want to drive for a few months." The big news is about realignment and change of operation. This came from someone who knew all details about the merger well in advance. I would say drop the seniority talk.

I agree. Nothing has come from the top regarding the senority issue. I think they have a more important agenda right now rather than mess with something so trite.

I'd like to see the BNSF get a trailer from SoCal to Chicago in 2 days and make service. Hell, we'd have 2 days tied up in getting the freight to and from the customers on both ends.

Guardrail
Actually GR. They have the same service from Seattle to Chicago. I used to run rails all the time for OVNT/UPSF. If you could get your trailer to the railyard by 10pm it was guaranteed to be there in 48hrs. Freight seemed high but when you consider volume it turned out to be much cheaper then truck. That's why OVNT cancelled all of their east bound interstate runs out of Seattle.

:Poke:
You mean we are promised 2 day service.

I'm pretty sure that you understand the meaning of the words "are" and "getting" so I don't think I need to type s l o w e r. So you must be a little hard of hearing after all those years in the truck so I'll type a little louder for you.
WE ARE GETTING TWO DAY SERVICE. THEY TAKE THE TRAILER TO THE RAIL YARD AND TWO DAYS LATER WE GO AND GET IT.

:Poke:

I'm pretty sure that you understand the meaning of the words "are" and "getting" so I don't think I need to type s l o w e r. So you must be a little hard of hearing after all those years in the truck so I'll type a little louder for you.
WE ARE GETTING TWO DAY SERVICE. THEY TAKE THE TRAILER TO THE RAIL YARD AND TWO DAYS LATER WE GO AND GET IT.
What Sonny. Speak up I can't hear you above all the other voices in my head:nono_h4h:

I used to go to the rail yard looking for those "2 day" trailers 3 and 4 days after they left. Lets just say the railroad is good at loosing things.

re/rumor

I was informed last night that Management has no intention of having one company board. "It would be too much chaos to make only a few people happy. The company does not want to mix match city/road drivers. Why not have drivers bid for the shop or dock when they dont want to drive for a few months." The big news is about realignment and change of operation. This came from someone who knew all details about the merger well in advance. I would say drop the seniority talk.

Thats what were getting. Its not about seniority between line/local. Its about economy freight, priority lanes are good. The rumors i received and note i said rumors. (whether credible or not) 129 drivers cut, holbrook closed by jan 1st. And some realignment with the new hermiston yard up north for seattle, portland. dallas hub has been a rumor mill also. Hope all that is wrong and we all keep on trucking.

Maybe we need an Econ Board and a Priority Board. That way the whiners can bid the Econ Board and do nothing but run rails and work the dock. Hmmmm

mr postman said:
how about a whining board and a non whining board ? oh we would still only have 1 board.

Nyuck , nyuck ,nyuck.....my only complaint is I dont like half of my co workers.Thats what I whine about.

"Z" trains from So Cal to Chicago are guaranteed 2 days with a money back guarantee. I remember reading some of the BNSF newsletters when I worked there stating San Bernardino had an average 39 hour transit time to Chicago. If you couldn't find the trailers then idk what to tell you.