ABF | Rumor Has It

All I can speak for is myself Docker...and in this case the answer is yes.

Then in all honesty...you would of have voted no...unless you want to try and claim like some that they voted yes to save ABF...just to try and convince themselves for wanting to keep their job.

Wolf its not bad enough what is going on with the companies, but it is our own union that has put us in the condition we are in, and if we can't trust our union leaders to do what they are getting PAID for, then it will be hard to put our trust back in them.
Call me an Idoit.....I hope that now Zollers is gone that somehow YRC can return. I believe the One Bad CEO got us here.....I also want to believe the Teamsters best days are not gone....and a change in leadership might give it new life.....I was not able to vote last election.

Then in all honesty...you would of have voted no...unless you want to try and claim like some that they voted yes to save ABF...just to try and convince themselves for wanting to keep their job.
I stated I voted no once the pension was on the table.

Wolf The company and the union lied to their members, and yes the union told people at least you have a job and it is better then nothing. I think they were wrong in doing this, They put every bodies pension and jobs at risk. Work rules have changed for every YRCW company with 4 hour casuals working with men laid off, THIS SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN ALLOWED, Yet our union is backing it, they have lost alot of credibility and respect.

Great post...I couldn't of said it better papajohn!

Wolf back than we had more freight companies in the NMFA. Not all other members being control by one entity YRC. To be real the NMFA died with the yes vote to the concessions, and that is not the fault of the Yrc teamsters. Wolf just think if the IBT had given concessions to the other union carriers like CF, we would have more union carriers left in the NMFA. That is not to say they would not have closed anyway but what if. I for one think the IBT sold the YRC and ABF teamsters out and here is why. 1 they should have made YRC trim the fat by consoildating YRC and Roadway before coming to the workers. 2 with the first round of concessions YRC should have been made to paid off the debt they had. 3 they could have made YRC sell off all of the excess they had before coming to the teamsters. 4 after 3 rounds of concessions and millions of dollars they are still in debt. 5 Yrc took the concession money and passed it on to the customers in the form of big discounts. 6 they set there and watched as the big discounts started to take a toll on a healthy ABF and their customer base. 7 the IBT than believed that the ABF teamsters were stupid enough to level the playing fields by taking concessions. 8 for what 20% ownership do I need to go on.

I'm just telling you why so many feel like I do when it comes to not wanting part of a contract with YRCW...
Oh I understand Docker....I'm just not willing to right of all those that did'nt think like that, nor will I hate the ones that did.

Call me an Idoit.....I hope that now Zollers is gone that somehow YRC can return. I believe the One Bad CEO got us here.....I also want to believe the Teamsters best days are not gone....and a change in leadership might give it new life.....I was not able to vote last election.

Wolf I know you are no idiot, I know it is not going to be easy of fast, but we will be back, and after the people have had enough disrespect, Teamsters will be back someday stronger then ever, but first we have to gain the respect and trust back, and I believe that is not going to happen with the people right now. It will happen though

I'm talking about the third...you weren't their for the third. The third one was the killer!
Yes it was...I complained against it. I campaigned against the second for the Pension Cessation as I was sure it would affect the Funds....Like you said the 3rd sealed it.

Oh I understand Docker....I'm just not willing to right of all those that did'nt think like that, nor will I hate the ones that did.

We don't hate them...I understand really...don't agree...but understand. What I'm saying is the reason why we don't want under the same contract.

Wolf I know you are no idiot, I know it is not going to be easy of fast, but we will be back, and after the people have had enough disrespect, Teamsters will be back someday stronger then ever, but first we have to gain the respect and trust back, and I believe that is not going to happen with the people right now. It will happen though
So to an extent we agree....the difference seems to be I see Teamsters...not ABF, Holland, New Penn, and all the companies I do not know about. I see a lot of ABF Teamsters mentioned here, that does sadden me

We don't hate them...I understand really...don't agree...but understand. What I'm saying is the reason why we don't want under the same contract.

If you can come up with a separate contract without taking away MEPF I would be on board. I see no reason for you to give up anything for YRC other than that reason.

If you can come up with a separate contract without taking away MEPF I would be on board. I see no reason for you to give up anything for YRC other than that reason.

I'm not for taking away the MEPF!

Wolf lets put it this way say ABF was during bad and YRC was strong. Your pension was doing well. The YRC was extended two years to match that of ABF. ABF out numbered the YRC teamsters 4 to 1 in votes. The ABF teamsters all voted to let ABF out of all the funds taking away most of your pension even with all of YRC's teamsters voting no. The question is would you want to put yourself in that boat.

So to an extent we agree....the difference seems to be I see Teamsters...not ABF, Holland, New Penn, and all the companies I do not know about. I see a lot of ABF Teamsters mentioned here, that does sadden me

I see us all as teamsters to. But at this point I think ABF should have their own contract and have yrcw teamsters sign a me to contract in 2015, then we will see what happens with the next contract. right now I believe it is in Abf teamsters hands and other companys can follow. I can tell you this, I will fight for a good contract that can benefit both sides, and to tell you the truth I am not afraid of losing a job when some one tells me that something is better then nothing, We need to stay strong or we will all lose alot more then one thinks.

Wolf lets put it this way say ABF was during bad and YRC was strong. Your pension was doing well. The YRC was extended two years to match that of ABF. ABF out numbered the YRC teamsters 4 to 1 in votes. The ABF teamsters all voted to let ABF out of all the funds taking away most of your pension even with all of YRC's teamsters voting no. The question is would you want to put yourself in that boat.
I can not answer it any other way..... Once Pension was on the table I was a no. Had I had a vote in the UPSF contract that would have been no just due to the separate pension. I would be willing to discuss anything but the Pension I grew up with.

And the Package Division Pension withdrawal too I feel we were sold out so that they could get theirs.

I assume (bad I know) that is the path ABF has chosen.....not as punishment for anybody but all they see is the savings.....

ABF is all about the bottom line...all us ABF'ers realize just how smart our management is...there's a reason for everything they do! Just how many companies do you think could of survived that hostile takeover attempt in 1988?

I see us all as teamsters to. But at this point I think ABF should have their own contract and have yrcw teamsters sign a me to contract in 2015, then we will see what happens with the next contract. right now I believe it is in Abf teamsters hands and other companys can follow. I can tell you this, I will fight for a good contract that can benefit both sides, and to tell you the truth I am not afraid of losing a job when some one tells me that something is better then nothing, We need to stay strong or we will all lose alot more then one thinks.

I agree I can always find another drving job. I also know that I will loose somethings. Now I do know the company needs some type of help, but I am not willing to give away the house. This contract has to be something both sides can live with in the end.

Papa you give me MEPF and your the man, all I ask for....call me Mr. MeToo