ABF | Rumor Has It

ABF is all about the bottom line...all us ABF'ers realize just how smart our management is...there's a reason for everything they do! Just how many companies do you think could of survived that hostile takeover attempt in 1988?
In 1988 I was Driving my own rig and paid little attention to LTL.....12 years of Teamster Owner Operator.....hey it used to be in the NMFA. Any way I can't comment as I'm ignorant. (on this subject) LOL

I agree I can always find another drving job. I also know that I will loose somethings. Now I do know the company needs some type of help, but I am not willing to give away the house. This contract has to be something both sides can live with in the end.

I agree, but for some reason when a company says their earnings are down, or they are not making as much as they project, and want a giveback from their union employees, and after it is turned down they give 35% raise to management. I have a hard time excepting that, I don't care how much a CEO makes as long as they are not wanting to take it from me.

I agree, but for some reason when a company says their earnings are down, or they are not making as much as they project, and want a giveback from their union employees, and after it is turned down they give 35% raise to management. I have a hard time excepting that, I don't care how much a CEO makes as long as they are not wanting to take it from me.
It is sad that any company can not come up with a better product or service to give Management a bonus, instead the first place they look is in the employee's pockets.

We had a meeting before the beg back with two regional VPs from the company. In that meeting we were told that even with the concessions ABF would have still lost the 108 million they did. The main reason that I voted NO was it was said by the VP ABF would have still lost 108 mill. If the concession were in place of that 108 mill, 83 mill would have been our money(teamster) and only 25 mill would have come from ABF. Spending our money would keep ABF from having to go to the banks, this money would buy them time. So to me it meant it was okay for me to have to go to the banks but not them, that is why I live below my means.

Wolf did you retire in 2010?
Yes Sept 2010..CS I'm sorry it was 2009.....blame it on my old age and the Old lady set me strait.....You have been sitting on your............

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes Sept 2010..CS

Glad you were able to retire, that is all what all of us are wanting is a retirement and at a decent age and hopefully have our health for the rest of our lives. This is what we have been promised for many years from teamsters and Central States. This is what I have been working for.

OK at least we got turn the trucks up....any other Adds to the Proposal.

It's in the proposal.....seriously! I can see me telling the boss, gonna have to file if that thing isn't running full flat out 70....only getting 68 out of it since it came back from the shop :-)

It's in the proposal.....seriously! I can see me telling the boss, gonna have to file if that thing isn't running full flat out 70....only getting 68 out of it since it came back from the shop :-)
:biglaugh: Really!......I'm surprised they left out the Chicken Hauler Lights. Wonder how that one made the list? I tried for years to get some of mine on there.....guess I was asking for foolish things.

Glad you were able to retire, that is all what all of us are wanting is a retirement and at a decent age and hopefully have our health for the rest of our lives. This is what we have been promised for many years from teamsters and Central States. This is what I have been working for.
Thank You very much. Trust me on this, that is all I hope for all the Teamsters. And not after they're all used up and ready to die. :wavey:

Even if we get the 30 and out back the Retiree Insurance needs to be affordable. Mines still reasonable but I fear the next billing period.