ABF | Rumor Has It

Here you go...babbling on again without even knowing what you speak of!!! Did you even comprehend what was posted? Who do you think had to agree and authorize the non payment Joe? What's this BS rhetoric of yours about the IBT authorizing a strike for non-payment? ?

Okay..we're just finding this out that the IBT agreed and authorized the non payment. That's news to me. Thanks for taking the time to let me learn of this. Can you provide any documentation? It seems to me the Fort Smith hierarchy may just be responding to the 2010 vote given they would let the pension stay as is but only asked for a 15% wage reduction until the situation improved. Oh well, tit for tat. But remember headbutt, it hasn't been established if ABF is even a party to the 2008-2013 NMFA. That is still in litigation. The non-payment issue is not for the NLRB to address. That is IBT jurisdiction. Ask Judy if that is not what the court ruled.
An IBT matter

Okay..we're just finding this out that the IBT agreed and authorized the non payment. That's news to me. Thanks for taking the time to let me learn of this. Can you provide any documentation? It seems to me the Fort Smith hierarchy may just be responding to the 2010 vote given they would let the pension stay as is but only asked for a 15% wage reduction until the situation improved. Oh well, tit for tat. But remember headbutt, it hasn't been established if ABF is even a party to the 2008-2013 NMFA. That is still in litigation. The non-payment issue is not for the NLRB to address. That is IBT jurisdiction. Ask Judy if that is not what the court ruled.
An IBT matter

Like I said...it's official...and the documentation will be posted when it becomes available...but it won't be posted on the rumor thread...now...will it? Like I said...I know personally that it's official...but that's just my word and that's why it's posted on the rumor thread. I don't expect you...of all people to take my word...don't care and don't even want you to...after all...it wasn't posted for your benefit or your eyes anyway...you're just a forum disrupting troll.

And...as usual...wrong again...The agreement for the authorization of the non payment issue is for the NLRB to address and not the IBT. The ABF Rank and File Teamsters clearly voted down concessions at ABF and did not approve any such pension deferrals. So...it is an IBT matter alright...but the NLRB will be addressing it!!!!

Personally I think the employees of YRC and ABF should be involved in a class action suit.In regards to misrepresentation of the facts that were given to the rank and file and also a conflict in interest by which the union diluted its duties by having part ownership in one said company.Mainly YRC.Using the meaning Union as in the administration and failing the rank and file.

Because it wasnt totally about saving teamsters jobs as much as it was preserving the union integerity and central leadership as a going concern.

Personally I think the employees of YRC and ABF should be involved in a class action suit.In regards to misrepresentation of the facts that were given to the rank and file and also a conflict in interest by which the union diluted its duties by having part ownership in one said company.Mainly YRC.Using the meaning Union as in the administration and failing the rank and file.

Because it wasnt totally about saving teamsters jobs as much as it was preserving the union integerity and central leadership as a going concern.

I agree bigtruk_us and there is rumor of such a class action suit to be filed.

Here you go...babbling on again without even knowing what you speak of!!! Did you even comprehend what was posted? Who do you think had to agree and authorize the non payment Joe? What's this BS rhetoric of yours about the IBT authorizing a strike for non-payment? You just love making a complete fool of yourself...don't you Joe?

And tell me...just name one ABF Teamster or any Teamster for that matter that would even consider taking advice from you??????
His BoxieBoy buddy used to but he hasn't been around in quite a while.

I agree bigtruk_us and there is rumor of such a class action suit to be filed.

Docker I totally agree, Its about time. Its time it is about the members, and not just a few worried about saving their jobs at the expense of all the members.

Docker I totally agree, Its about time. Its time it is about the members, and not just a few worried about saving their jobs at the expense of all the members.

Yes it is papajohn...it's all about the Rank and File...and that is the message that we have to keep reiterating to our leadership. Over the years...our leadership has convinced so many that it is anti-union if you speak out against the IBT or some local leadership. Like I stated many times...the Teamsters are the Rank and File and the IBT is there to represent us...not control us! There are those Teamster officials that have lost touch with that reality and forget where they came from and some that never did walk amongst us and we all know who that is.

We must never forget that it is not only one of our Basic Legal Rights of Rank and File Union Members:

3. The Right to Free Speech in
Your Union

Your right to free speech in the union is very
broad. You are free to:

· criticize union policies, officers, staff, or
candidates,

· discuss union policies and issues,

· write about, sing about, draw cartoons about
union representatives,· complain, protest, demand and advocate.

http://www.archive.uniondemocracy.org/pdfs/basics.PDF

But it is our duty if we feel their actions were not in the best interests of the Rank and File!!!