Central Transport | Rumor has it....

It sounds like maybe the (VITRANE) people may have forgot who bought who!:crybaby:

Let me be clear: NO ONE "bought me". I chose voluntarily to go to work for VITRAN because I determined it was a pretty good company. I would have NEVER chosen Central. Let me guess... If someone bought you and took everything you'd been working for away- would smile and say "business as usual"?

I hate to say this, ( bcuz i know i wont get any likes lol ) but when i was at central in 06 we didnt have dolphins. Then in 07 we got them and we were shown how to use them on monday ( the first day we got them). during a 30 minute preshift type meeting. And that was it, no more teaching. We figured it out on our own. Or if we had issues, there were always another employee that knew more then others, and we would ask him for help. Our management was useless ,the only thing they were good at was taking up space in front of a computer.

06 and 07 was a while back, Central really must have really made you miserable, you are one advocator of putting Central down every chance you get, that's cool, I really like the way you throw gas on the fire, ha ha. you have to admit you never heard so many people with the sob stories you hear on this particular forum. at 1st didn't like you but your consistent , you see how quick the tide turns , just suggest that the grass is greener some where else and Vitran is right behind you, keep up the good work, Central did blow before and still blows at times now but I do see the changes and I must say never thought I would but things were before this getting better , let me say it like this (you have to know how bad things were before you can see how much better they are getting) not perfect but much better, all the time ive been there I can honestly say I never had a problem with my pay , any discrepancies in hours were always taken care of, by manager's. also I belive a lot of people who get on here and hate central have good reason but some things can be fixed and something's can't.

Let me be clear: NO ONE "bought me". I chose voluntarily to go to work for VITRAN because I determined it was a pretty good company. I would have NEVER chosen Central. Let me guess... If someone bought you and took everything you'd been working for away- would smile and say "business as usual"?

at some point??????

at some point??????

Sir, if you are a GOOD driver and you are satisfied with your wage and benefit package at Central, then I am EXTREMELY happy for you. That said, if you decide you want better for yourself and your family there are simply better options available. You can't argue that, can you?

Sir, if you are a GOOD driver and you are satisfied with your wage and benefit package at Central, then I am EXTREMELY happy for you. That said, if you decide you want better for yourself and your family there are simply better options available. You can't argue that, can you?

at some point meant at some point your going to have to.... either have to like it and get on with the job or hate it and leave? I'm happy with 23.00 an hour and my benefits package is my 401 that I contribute 10% every week to if you want some extra $ in November start a xmas club paperwork is on the desk. 46 weeks x what you contribute... I have no clue what you had at Vitran what ever it was its gone so its time to recoup and into centrals program or the grass is greener program, I'm sure its green some where but every company has its dirty crappy stuff you have to deal with.... really you act like Vitran was gods gift to truckers??? they screwed you--- they screwed you! you don't like Central and your options are so open why are you still here, not just you but everyone acts like they can just leave well what the heck is stopping you....... I know whats stopping you (FEAR) you have to start all over again at the bottom of the list do what ever crap no one else wants to do, and you worked at Vitran I hate to ruin this for you but..... you guys reputation really wasn't that great??? customers always tell me how you guys never showed up and they would have to give it to some one who could move it (like central) or who ever.. really Vitran on truckers need to take a reality check i'll be handing out cry baby towels when its all over maybe a pat on the back, you guys aren't any better than any one else including CENTRAL ...... have a nice day towels are on the shelf. oh yeah remember you are Central so represent.

at some point meant at some point your going to have to.... either have to like it and get on with the job or hate it and leave? I'm happy with 23.00 an hour and my benefits package is my 401 that I contribute 10% every week to if you want some extra $ in November start a xmas club paperwork is on the desk. 46 weeks x what you contribute... I have no clue what you had at Vitran what ever it was its gone so its time to recoup and into centrals program or the grass is greener program, I'm sure its green some where but every company has its dirty crappy stuff you have to deal with.... really you act like Vitran was gods gift to truckers??? they screwed you--- they screwed you! you don't like Central and your options are so open why are you till here, not just you but everyone acts like they can just leave well what the heck is stopping you....... I know whats stopping you (FEAR) you have to start all over again at the bottom of the list do what ever crap no one else wants to do, and you worked at Vitran I hate to ruin this for you but..... you guys reputation really wasn't that great??? customers always tell me how you guys never showed up and they would have to give it to some one who could move it (like central) or who ever.. really Vitran on truckers need to take a reality check i'll be handing out cry baby towels when its all over maybe a pat on the back, you guys aren't any better than any one else including CENTRAL ...... have a nice day towels are on the shelf. oh yeah remember you are Central so represent.

I'm going to do us both a favor and be honest here. You have some VERY valid points. Also, you have a few comments that show you are CLEARLY in the dark on a few issues.
CORRECT: "At some point" I will need to leave or get with the Central program.
INCORRECT: A Christmas Club account is a "work benefit" that somehow gives you extra money in November. (That a "grown up" job like trucking has a Christmas Club savings account is literally laughable.
INCORRECT: Fear is not what's stopping me from leaving. "FEAR" is what I felt the second I heard "Central Transport" was buying us. Turns out, it was legitimate. I will ABSOLUTELY leave as I will not put up with being lied to. I have not found my next job yet, but rest assured- I will. Am I scared to start over? Ummmm..... Central Transport IS starting over for us. Other companies START higher than your top wage. How do I know? I've applied to them. Now, let's be real here.... It might be a little while before they call, but trust me- I am very employable. It will happen.
CORRECT / INCORRECT: Our reputation wasn't the greatest. / Yours was better. I can tell you this- We were covering a lot more territory per driver than we are now doing at Central. I was doing between 15 and 22 stops a day and running 160 to 200 miles to do it. (I'm sure EVERY driver reading this does waaaaaaay more....LOL!) ;-)

As far as handing me a crybaby towel? INCORRECT. I haven't seen a Central OR Vitran driver yet with enough balls to pull that one off. As God as my witness- play nice my friend. We'll ALL be better off (and safer) for it.
;-)

at some point meant at some point your going to have to.... either have to like it and get on with the job or hate it and leave? I'm happy with 23.00 an hour and my benefits package is my 401 that I contribute 10% every week to if you want some extra $ in November start a xmas club paperwork is on the desk. 46 weeks x what you contribute... I have no clue what you had at Vitran what ever it was its gone so its time to recoup and into centrals program or the grass is greener program, I'm sure its green some where but every company has its dirty crappy stuff you have to deal with.... really you act like Vitran was gods gift to truckers??? they screwed you--- they screwed you! you don't like Central and your options are so open why are you still here, not just you but everyone acts like they can just leave well what the heck is stopping you....... I know whats stopping you (FEAR) you have to start all over again at the bottom of the list do what ever crap no one else wants to do, and you worked at Vitran I hate to ruin this for you but..... you guys reputation really wasn't that great??? customers always tell me how you guys never showed up and they would have to give it to some one who could move it (like central) or who ever.. really Vitran on truckers need to take a reality check i'll be handing out cry baby towels when its all over maybe a pat on the back, you guys aren't any better than any one else including CENTRAL ...... have a nice day towels are on the shelf. oh yeah remember you are Central so represent.

Pretty well said, except for the part about moving the freight. In the few weeks that I have been with CT, the problem I have run into is the former Vitran customers are pulling away from CT and finding other to run their stuff. Yes CT bought Vitran and took the customers too and now the customers are walking away from CT, (4 recently) when asked why. They said that CT tears the freight up and CT is not Vitran, some customers want to pro their own stuff and not wait on a driver to do it. Some customers do not want you on their docks, would rather you stayed in the cage. Some customers still want to have paper exchanged as opposed to scanners, the list goes on. I am all for standing up for Central while I work here, I just wish Central could show me what to stand up for? I never got to watch the training video's, the good points must have been there.

It's un-fortunate that VITRAN was bought-out by an EVIL act Company - VITRAN did things the right way NOT the wrong way ! obviously Central Transport CANNOT handle the freight..................back-woods.............................

yes central cant handle the freight they run there drivers 14 hr daysand still the docks are a cluster blank they r a backwoods company they r losing dam good drivers from vitran

ther are no good points at central they have sorry ass insurance the worst i ever seen what a rip off no wonder why the owner are billionaires they screw over there employees well i loved working for vitran but there r gone so i,m moving over to a realfreight company old dominion good luck to all ex vitran employees

higher ups are tired of hearing vitran drivers crying about everything, insurance, memos, paper work explaining this and that, always asking questions about mileage, trying to wedge they're way into runs, and not getting the system ... and that if they aren't happy to move on, they feel like we got they're freight and if they don't want to come with it and be team players the door is right there.... apparently Central feels like they can handle the freight with or with out vitran....from what I hear weeding out the nonconformist starts the 1st of the year... just saying.....

Mind you I have limited experience in the Central system but what I have seen is they run a system based on productivity. My understanding is, be you from Central or Vitran, if you are not getting the numbers they want; you will be let go. No matter what seniority you have in EITHER company.

Mind you I have limited experience in the Central system but what I have seen is they run a system based on productivity. My understanding is, be you from Central or Vitran, if you are not getting the numbers they want; you will be let go. No matter what seniority you have in EITHER company.
Not right now....They are too backed up in many areas....They have to take what they can get as far as drivers....The purging will not fully begin until they straighten out this mess they created....I bet this family is wondering if the purchase of Vitran was really worth it...Because right now this is a big cluster F*#2(*&=-!!!!

It's un-fortunate that VITRAN was bought-out by an EVIL act Company - VITRAN did things the right way NOT the wrong way ! obviously Central Transport CANNOT handle the freight..................back-woods.............................

If Vitran did everything the right way then way did they go out of business genius.

If Vitran did everything the right way then way did they go out of business genius.

Vitran did NOT do everything the right way. The drivers KNEW it. We tried to help change the things we could. Don't blame the drivers for mistakes management made. The one thing Vitran did do right was reward you for hard work. It was a good job.
Central's technology is good. Central's service sucks. Their benefits suck. Their equipment sucks. Their pay sucks. Their facilities suck. Their management and culture S.U.C.K. But.. you already know this, don't you?