R&L | Rumor maybe?

R&L is not going anywhere.even if they wanted to sell out i do not think any other company has that kind of money laying around or can get the credit right now.

OD is not paperless and i hope they never make it that far.i for one like to have a piece of paper with a signature in ink.OD may be larger than R&L but i believe R&L has a lot less or almost no debt.

They are paperless at the terminal near me. All pickups and deliveries are done by a handheld.

Debt? do you think R&L paid cash for all the new tractors? I don't see OD driven the equipment like we have....

the few R&L drivers i see have been driving the same equipment for a year or two.they are probably 3-5 year old tractors.we have the handhelds as well but still have the customers sign the paper D.R..the handhelds my terminal has does not have the option to sign on the screen.

as far as debt i do not think R&L has anything near OD's debt just based upon the companies OD has purchased in the last 3-4 years .this is not a knock on R&L but just that they have not borrowed as much to do the things they do.

in most cases, companies by companies to fill the gaps the already have. FedEx bought Watkins which supported their efforts in canada without using a partner like most do. same reason why R+L bought gator, greenwood, and coy...to broaden their coverage area by utilizing the acquisitions....in my mind it would make no sense at all for a fedex to buy r+l, or eith OD for that matter. most companies that buy companies for the sake of buying usually struggle for many years. look at Yellow-Roadway, DHL-airborne....i think were all safe from being purchased by any major carrier. any small carrier could not afford r+l!

well said,OD and R&L both still have a few holes to fill but not much let in the way of small carriers to buy to fill in

and paul mccartney is going to be a silent partner to the shevell group with the buyouts

read nemf board about paul