XPO | Rumor Mill: It's going again!

You see it everywhere. Supervisor works the workers like a mule and lazy ass get a gravy run and then a volume run to keep off the dock. And then management wonders why people have bad attitudes and bitch about being worked to death.
We see this at are barn. My take on it is the company is trying to appease jr employees because they generally jump ship more often especially now that they don't have the same benefits as legacy employees. Runs bid by seniority is about the only way to stop it.

We see this at are barn. My take on it is the company is trying to appease jr employees because they generally jump ship more often especially now that they don't have the same benefits as legacy employees. Runs bid by seniority is about the only way to stop it.
It has nothing to do with bids or seniority. It has to work ethic. One time on inbound we had a skid that wasn't billed, go to inbound FOS and he says but it on this run,which had 12 stops already, it wasn't going to this town. I said why not throw it on this six stopper. FOS made excuses not to like had a 12 o'clock close and such. I called BS and said he didn't have a early close. The easy run was a senior driver who has easy area and only does 8 stops a day. Junior guy has to run his ass off to do deliveries and pick ups. So it all comes down to work ethic not bids or seniority pure and simple.

Does you 7 or 8 am city drivers come to work with their trailer loaded with correct routing sequence, & the bills ready to be handed to the drive? With a proper pre trip & hook up, he should be able to make all his deliveries. Just wondering. von.

Does you 7 or 8 am city drivers come to work with their trailer loaded with correct routing sequence, & the bills ready to be handed to the drive? With a proper pre trip & hook up, he should be able to make all his deliveries. Just wondering. von.
The driver with 6 stops started at 9 o'clock and the driver that had 12 stops started at 11 o'clock. So junior driver would have been the eight ball.

Does you 7 or 8 am city drivers come to work with their trailer loaded with correct routing sequence, & the bills ready to be handed to the drive? With a proper pre trip & hook up, he should be able to make all his edeliveries. Just wondering. von.
Sounds like a clock-milker. These people are missing a chromosome. My 'mission' when I leave my house in the morning is to get back there ASAP. Work fast, but be professional. That being said, clock-milking is virtually impossible anymore. Big Brother is always watching.

Well it reverse at my barn. I load 6 to 8 off the dock, on average, at the FAC in 4 to 6hrs. We have one driver that unloads 1 one inbound in that same amount of time. So I disagree with you on the appeasement. If a flex guy comes in for a senior driver say 4 or 5 am he works at least 12hrs and is told because 5 driver are on vacation. On the next we that senior driver is back works 8 and the gate and there are still 5 guys off. Double standard. That's why drivers leave.

You see it everywhere. Supervisor works the workers like a mule and lazy ass get a gravy run and then a volume run to keep off the dock. And then management wonders why people have bad attitudes and bitch about being worked to death.
Or former HR manager in the Philly region said and I quote. "There is nothing he can do about laziness"
We have some driver that dispatch will send on certain runs so the ones that get it done get screwed

Or former HR manager in the Philly region said and I quote. "There is nothing he can do about laziness"
We have some driver that dispatch will send on certain runs so the ones that get it done get screwed
Yep. I filed a complaint against a driver who takes an hour to break a set. Told the TM he's out on his phone, this is bs. Nothing you can do, safety first.

We got few guys across the seniority that are a little slower than others but for the most part they all are workers. I don't pay much mind to what anyone is doing compared to anyone else that stuff will drive you whacky if you let it.
Goofing off will catch up to you sooner or later and we're to busy it shows if you do.

Last edited:
Yep. I filed a complaint against a driver who takes an hour to break a set. Told the TM he's out on his phone, this is bs. Nothing you can do, safety first.
I would think a fos or tm could take a quiet walk out in the yard some morning and catch this driver stealing time, because unless he only writes in 20 minutes to break a set, that's what it is, stealing time. We have a driver that fuels on his time just so he can take his time hooking. That's different. Of course we all have them, city drivers napping, linehaul drivers smoking or in the bathroom all night. You're either a worker, or not, sad to say. But the bottom line is, they could do something about it if they wanted to.....

I would think a fos or tm could take a quiet walk out in the yard some morning and catch this driver stealing time, because unless he only writes in 20 minutes to break a set, that's what it is, stealing time. We have a driver that fuels on his time just so he can take his time hooking. That's different. Of course we all have them, city drivers napping, linehaul drivers smoking or in the bathroom all night. You're either a worker, or not, sad to say. But the bottom line is, they could do something about it if they wanted to.....
The problem is they don't want to. All I hear from management is we are looking at it. Go the wrong way in the yard, disappear for a hour or so at the Fac, any problem and that's the answer or I'm not a baby sitter. No member of management want to get their hands dirty by holding anyone accountable for their actions.

We got few guys across the seniority that are a little slower than others but for the most part they all are workers. I don't pay much mind to what anyone is doing compared to anyone else that stuff will drive you whacky if you let it.
Goofing off will catch up to you sooner or later and we're to busy it shows if you do.
The problem is the TM and for stand there and watch them goof of and when stop to talk to someone on the dock there up your ass. Yet they just watch other drivers do it for 15mins. Double standards.

Fueling on his time!!! Everything this company requires me to do is all on company time. My hook and drop times at the beginning and end of the day are an easy 30+. You pre and post trip inspections filling out your paperwork and any boss that want to talk about company business is all done on the clock. Fuel, drop truck off at the shop, switching trucks and anything a city guy would get paid for is all done on the clock. When I hit the clock at the end of my night anything they need or what to talk about has to wait till the next day or I go clock back in.

Fueling on his time!!! Everything this company requires me to do is all on company time. My hook and drop times at the beginning and end of the day are an easy 30+. You pre and post trip inspections filling out your paperwork and any boss that want to talk about company business is all done on the clock. Fuel, drop truck off at the shop, switching trucks and anything a city guy would get paid for is all done on the clock. When I hit the clock at the end of my night anything they need or what to talk about has to wait till the next day or I go clock back in.
i was always told that all paperwork was to be done on your time. I've seen them bust guys for that

Absolutely!!!

Yep. Exactly. No exceptions. What if this guy fueling on his own time were to trip, fall down and injure himself? Does the company pay to treat his injury? Is he not screwed? If he wasn't on the clock, was he even supposed to at that place at that time? Fly, you couldn't be more right on this one.

First, I agree, all my time at work is paid. I grab my mobile sco, sign in, go on duty and punch my pay sheet to start my fuel time. I give very little "free time". Second, the driver who fuels for "free" is on duty, not driving (I hope), so I'd think he would be covered in case of an injury. He could write in a time on his pay sheet for fueling if necessary. Not true for drivers that used to hook on their lunch break, before e-logs.

The problem is the TM and for stand there and watch them goof of and when stop to talk to someone on the dock there up your ass. Yet they just watch other drivers do it for 15mins. Double standards.
All night long, same thing everywhere! I try to slow down (not that I'm a speed demon), but I'm just not wired that way. I only hurry when it's to MY advantage.