Rumor Mill: It's going again!

Discussion in 'XPO Logistics' started by ole man, Mar 15, 2017.

1. vongrimmenstein

vongrimmenstein Well-Known Member

In Indiana guy @ work clocked out & on the way to his car slipped & fell on the ice. He filed on it. The court ruled he was still covered even off the clock. The act of walking to your car to & from the building was part of your job. In another state, who knows. von.

trucknfool, icuicp and dalesr like this.
  2. Fly-by-night

Fly-by-night Only when you care to send the very best

When I was on paper logs the fos tried to but then I pointed that a city guy was filling out an accident report and said when he punches out so will I.

vongrimmenstein and icuicp like this.
  3. Fly-by-night

There is a difference between work and willfully sitting around and bull shitting when there breakers hanging

upnorth likes this.
  4. Fly-by-night

There is a way to hook durning your break and a way to cut you break time short on these elogs. One can be told to you the other must be shown. I will not say how in a public form

so-fla-br likes this.
  5. sucker666

sucker666 Well-Known Member

Be careful guys have been fired recently for allegedly falsifying logs at union locations or is this different? Pretty sure you were one of the guys who was ok with that when it affected them and that it wasn't anything to do with retaliation from the company and had nothing to do with there vote. Can't have it both ways.
    I'm not trying to stir :shit: with you but I don't see what your suggesting to do any different.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
    WiggleWagondrvr likes this.
  6. Fly-by-night

Unlike most drivers that bitched and complained about the elogs I on the other hand learned everything thing I could about the system both from in the truck to the computer in the office. The one is so simple I surprise no one else brought it up. In no way have I used these because I believe I should get paid for every second I do work for this company.
    I can say all 100% here have falsified there logs in one way or another. How many have filled out your trip sheet, went and got the truck and dolly, and hell even fuel or pretrip the truck off the clock and on the off duty line on paper logs. If you did that just once then you falsified your log. Hell even Conway told you to do it that way and someone said all paperwork is done off the clock. I even sure most of you lied about your break time especially on Saturday morning before we went to elogs. I seen it all the time.
    I don't know of anyone getting fired at a union barn for log falsification. The one I know about falsified their pay sheet and that was told to me by a driver from the Trenton NJ barn.

7. sucker666

City driver at Xtj was fired for 2 days back to back that his paper log didn't match his time he put in the Kronos at the end of the day. Not a different amount of time ( he only took a 30 minute lunch)a variance between paper log and time he put in time clock. That was it ! He was fired 1 day after the two line haul drivers. No warnigs no offer to allow him to fix it. No progressive desapline.
    If your a line haul driver in the past and you handed in you pay sheet and log and you made a mistake... what happened? The clerk would give it back to you the next day and you could fix your mistakes.
    We also were told right before going online with our logs if you punched your lunch wrong on Kronos and it varied from e log you could go back and fix it the next day. Do you see where I'm going with this?
    The TM vowed when the drivers filed for their election that he would get the drivers who were responsible for this.
    All the drivers that were fired were active in organizing Xtj . The state has even allowed them to collect unemployment after the company denied them. Everyone of their cases is still open and pending outcome from Nlrb .
    You also have to understand the dynamics of what the message the company is sending to the rest of the drivers through company when they fire drivers directly following a vote.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  8. upnorth

upnorth Super Moderator Staff Member

Keep it in the union thread please.

sucker666 likes this.
  9. sucker666

Can't help but notice Xpo been on a bit of a firing spree in are area over the last few months. Quite a few office staff and managerial level employees. Looks like their cleaning the place out of the people that have been with the company, a lot of hard working dedicated ones.

icuicp and dalesr like this.
  10. shamrockhockey

shamrockhockey Member

11. shamrockhockey

shamrockhockey Member

12. Fly-by-night

The Estes barn near me the jockeys hook all the sets and park them on a ready line so all the driver has to do is hook his truck to it pretrip and leave.

13. trucknfool

trucknfool Well-Known Member

That's not always the case, they have hub runs that operate just like Con-way Linehaul , you hook drop, work the dock etc. There is Linehaul runs that they have that they hook them up at . depends on how good of a Jockey the particular terminal has.

14. Fly-by-night

I heard this one last night can anyone confirm. The new inbound FOS at a Philly region barn walked in Friday morning and quit he was only on the job 2 or 3 weeks. That's what I heard.

15. sucker666

It happened but he was here a few months.

16. lowkey1

lowkey1 New Member

Heard there have been a few Managers that have walked off recently too

sucker666 likes this.
  17. WiggleWagondrvr

WiggleWagondrvr New Member

18. ole man

ole man Active Member

Then you aren’t listening very well! It’s happening all over the company!

highspeeds likes this.
  19. highspeeds

highspeeds ENTERTAINMENT USE ONLY

So many more gone. And more in line to go. Numbers aren’t being met and heads are rolling.

20. draggin wagons

draggin wagons Member

There used to only be 3 or 4 scm job openings available with this company at any given time. Right now, and for the past couple of months, there's about 30 scm job openings available.

sucker666 likes this.