Rumor Mill: It's going again!

Discussion in 'XPO Logistics' started by ole man, Mar 15, 2017.

1. sucker666

sucker666 Well-Known Member

You must be mistaken ..no problems here . People are standing in lines around the block to get aboard here.

2. monkeywrench

monkeywrench Active Member

Ive been here a long, long time. Dont believe anything you hear from a fellow driver, until it happens. Truck drivers lie and start rumors.

Serene Gene likes this.
  3. vongrimmenstein

vongrimmenstein Well-Known Member

Wait one. I will go get my board. By the way, just where are the hanging breakers hanging? Remember @ least 15 foot swells or I won't burn the gas. von.

4. vongrimmenstein

vongrimmenstein Well-Known Member

Somebody needs to send this manager a message that will get his undivided attention, making him think before he acts again. The subject & intensity of the message is up to the crew working there. Not suggesting a certain path to take, but ya know how to get his attention. Stand up & fight this piece of sh***, or bend over. The choice is yours. von.

ScotchNeat and Trucker 206 like this.
  5. highspeeds

highspeeds ENTERTAINMENT USE ONLY

They say the xin TM got walked Monday morning.

6. icuicp

icuicp Well-Known Member

No matter what your point of view , most of you with common sense would have to agree that XPO is suffering a HUGE drain of experience. It looks as if there is no serious effort underway to replace those that leave. There is no "bench" being developed. There is no "farm system".
    If there's a plan to fill some of these vacancies , what is it? No amount of behind-the-scenes I.T. will make up the difference when you simply need manpower. And when you do get new blood it will take longer to get them up to speed with fewer veteran people to train them.

Even if you could start automated self driving trucks today , do you think this management team could implement something like that based on what you've seen so far? Honestly?

7. trucknfool

trucknfool Well-Known Member

With Full insurance that's not that great and basically not even going to full coverage until fifteen months , I sure that they will be knocking the door down , lined up around the corner to get in.

icuicp likes this.
  8. White

White Well-Known Member

Troll here. Same way with our place. Young mgrs in charge of various age dockworkers & drivers. A mess. Just this AM: Oh, sorry, I was talking to my friend(?), I'll close your trailer in a minute. Good one. Nothing's been added in an hour, take your time. Isn't it obvious? The faster the freight circle moves, the faster the freight circle moves. WTF

upnorth, radman and icuicp like this.
  9. sucker666

No, but remember it doesn’t have to function properly it just has to appear from an investors prospective that it has potential.

dalesr and vongrimmenstein like this.
  10. Fly-by-night

Fly-by-night Only when you care to send the very best

And your place is.......

11. highspeeds

highspeeds ENTERTAINMENT USE ONLY

We have said it a bunch. Cut and gut. Slash and cash. Get what you can out of it. Problem is, our operating ratio actually got worse last quarter. He has thrown a lot of money at LTL and not gotten a very good return. Makes you wonder how long he will allow that to continue and what he course he believes will resolve the issues. The rest of the company is making record setting leaps in growth and profit. It's just not working out for the LTL. Will he buy or build bigger terminals and move to more economy freight ? Will he move to more contracted delivery and even more sub vans ? They are already weaving in last mile and containers where ever they can. How do you make this more efficient and how do you make it make more money ?

icuicp and ole man like this.
  12. ole man

ole man Well-Known Member

LTL’s by nature can not operate at the ratios he expects! What will happen? I think it’s happening now, fire all of the management that does not meet the “number” or expectations. This company has a huge deficit in management either from being fired or from quitting because they’ve said the hell with it.

13. dalesr

dalesr Well-Known Member

Definitely a lot of pressure for managers to perform.

14. sucker666

Your hit the nail on the head. There’s holding the standard high and setting goals but this goes beyond that. Numbers are more important than people . Values gone astray.

15. WiggleWagondrvr

WiggleWagondrvr It Is All About ME.

My understanding is 161 wash is for facilities that have a drive through truck wash. Windows and mirrors are on your own time. If they pay you for it good for you but i was taught different.

16. Fly-by-night

Fly-by-night Only when you care to send the very best

I get paid for ALL my time and even to fill out my log book when we had them. They pay city drivers to fill out paperwork and pre/post trip eq so why shouldn't I be paid

dalesr and upnorth like this.
  17. icuicp

icuicp Well-Known Member

I've always seen city drivers told to do logs off of the clock. Linehaul drivers may be on the clock but , it's hard to say unless you look at their pay sheet.

18. upnorth

upnorth Super Moderator Staff Member

I get paid for every minute too.

19. upnorth

upnorth Super Moderator Staff Member

I would like to think he wants us to do well as ltl, but I don’t think that’s what he wants, honestly. Has anyone actually seen tony brooks? He’s like the where’s Waldo of our company. Trots out a message once a quarter.... that’s about it. There seems to be a plan to eliminate and not replace management. At any other stand alone ltl, this would be a five alarm fire. I think xpo has so much other management at other entities, they can cover it. We have been without an RM for 6 months, HR changes weekly.

IMO, he’s making space in the network for last mile freight and trailers. That’s where the money is. I think his plan is to use us as the distribution network for his last mile freight.

No other explanation that I can see.

20. icuicp

icuicp Well-Known Member

Tony Brooks came across in person as he was supposed to ( in my opinion ) - a minion , a stooge , these-are-your-orders-just-do-like-your-told-because-I'm-in-charge guy. Nothing personal against the man.

Look what happened over a year ago with the podcast.( cancelled after one shoot - who wants to answer the little peoples questions) Bradley Jacobs nearly as invisible as Brooks. The leadership profile to the everyday workers ( their accessibleness to drivers for example ) is gone. The overall strategy and goals for XPO Logistics LTL are a mystery to all but a few. What does the upper management want the LTL to look like in two years? What's the five year plan? How about 10 years? All you have is the head of the company implying that he'd gladly replace drivers with automated tractors as fast as possible.