Rumor Mill: It's going again!

Discussion in 'XPO Logistics' started by ole man, Mar 15, 2017.

1. highspeeds

highspeeds ENTERTAINMENT USE ONLY

And a bunch of management not wanting promotions. For a long time there, as a wave of baby boomers retired, Con-way was promoting people quickly through the ranks. Now everyone is sitting on their spots, turning down anything and everything. The morale in management is every bit as bad as it is for everyone else.

dalesr and icuicp like this.
  2. highspeeds

Hard to see it any other way. He has a business making money and one that doesn't. Eliminate the loser and use what you can from it to strengthen your profits at the other. It's what Con-way did to CF. This ain't nothing new or ground breaking. Just this time, we are on the other side of things.

3. highspeeds

If it was to be good news for us, they would be screaming it off the tops of buildings for everyone to hear.... don't you think ?

icuicp likes this.
  4. sucker666

sucker666 Well-Known Member

You are spot on sir and that is my the crux of my opion with the way things are going . We do not matter even in the slightest. We are seen as a nessary evil and if they could do away with us they would. In the meantime give us only what it takes and then take it down a notch below that. Those who disagree with my point on this are respectfully in my view just not getting the big picture or have an agenda to fulfill.

vongrimmenstein and dalesr like this.
  5. radman

radman moving and grooving

LTL Operating ratio was an 87 in the third quarter. We are making more money than any other LTL except OD.

WiggleWagondrvr likes this.
  6. sucker666

Who’s making more money... you? How so?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  7. sucker666

[​IMG]

trucknfool likes this.
  8. highspeeds

Tell Jacobs. Maybe he will be impressed.

icuicp likes this.
  9. whip1

whip1 Well-Known Member

I like how you did that. We’re either dumb or corporate shills. There’s no other option.

Fly-by-night and highspeeds like this.
  10. joes bar and grill

joes bar and grill Well-Known Member

Which are you?

11. icuicp

icuicp Well-Known Member

Actually , there is : your own point of view. The poster stated it was his view which gives you LOTS of options.

highspeeds and whip1 like this.
  12. sucker666

I was not implying that anyone was “dumb” for not sharing my point of view. I just feel there not seeing the big picture. As for shills there out there. Who knows maybe I’m the one that not seeing the big picture and if that’s so I will Be the first to admit I’m wrong. Time will tell . There’s an inordinate amount of people quitting and terminations and their having extreme difficulty filling those vacancies right now so as far as I’m concerned there trouble in River city.
    Listen to Jacobs interviews and he says everyone is happy, happy, happy. I know that’s part of his sales pitch but they better fix the foundation or at some point this house of cards is going to crumble.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  13. whip1

whip1 Well-Known Member

Im dumb and thin skinned.

highspeeds likes this.
  14. whip1

whip1 Well-Known Member

I’m curious how our turn over rate compares to other companies? At the risk of being called a shill, what if a house of cards is one of the strongest structures in the industry?

15. sucker666

In my opinion I think to a large extent we are still standing on the structure of what Con-way built or whats left of it before Jacobs demolishes the rest of it unknowingly

16. icuicp

icuicp Well-Known Member

Or knowingly. It may be intentional and deliberate. As was stated before XPO is doing to Con-way what Con-way did to CF - take the good and leave the bad.

highspeeds, dalesr and sucker666 like this.
  17. Fly-by-night

Fly-by-night Only when you care to send the very best

Well everyone making money. Last I looked a company that doesn't make a profit can't make payroll and when the company can't pay the bill they close the doors which means no one make money. If you are sooooo disgusted with your paycheck then stop cashing it.

whip1 likes this.
  18. whip1

whip1 Well-Known Member

It’s funny how people hate corprate greed when it suits their agenda.

19. whip1

whip1 Well-Known Member

The structure that Conway built? The one that was bloated with middle management? The one that spent millions on lean to save a few bucks? The ones that spent millions on handhelds that aren’t better than what we had? The one that took your pension? That structure?

20. sucker666

It’s black ....