XPO | Rumor Mill: It's going again!

LTL’s by nature can not operate at the ratios he expects! What will happen? I think it’s happening now, fire all of the management that does not meet the “number” or expectations. This company has a huge deficit in management either from being fired or from quitting because they’ve said the hell with it.

And a bunch of management not wanting promotions. For a long time there, as a wave of baby boomers retired, Con-way was promoting people quickly through the ranks. Now everyone is sitting on their spots, turning down anything and everything. The morale in management is every bit as bad as it is for everyone else.

I would like to think he wants us to do well as ltl, but I don’t think that’s what he wants, honestly. Has anyone actually seen tony brooks? He’s like the where’s Waldo of our company. Trots out a message once a quarter.... that’s about it. There seems to be a plan to eliminate and not replace management. At any other stand alone ltl, this would be a five alarm fire. I think xpo has so much other management at other entities, they can cover it. We have been without an RM for 6 months, HR changes weekly.

IMO, he’s making space in the network for last mile freight and trailers. That’s where the money is. I think his plan is to use us as the distribution network for his last mile freight.

No other explanation that I can see.

Hard to see it any other way. He has a business making money and one that doesn't. Eliminate the loser and use what you can from it to strengthen your profits at the other. It's what Con-way did to CF. This ain't nothing new or ground breaking. Just this time, we are on the other side of things.

Tony Brooks came across in person as he was supposed to ( in my opinion ) - a minion , a stooge , these-are-your-orders-just-do-like-your-told-because-I'm-in-charge guy. Nothing personal against the man.

Look what happened over a year ago with the podcast.( cancelled after one shoot - who wants to answer the little peoples questions) Bradley Jacobs nearly as invisible as Brooks. The leadership profile to the everyday workers ( their accessibleness to drivers for example ) is gone. The overall strategy and goals for XPO Logistics LTL are a mystery to all but a few. What does the upper management want the LTL to look like in two years? What's the five year plan? How about 10 years? All you have is the head of the company implying that he'd gladly replace drivers with automated tractors as fast as possible.

If it was to be good news for us, they would be screaming it off the tops of buildings for everyone to hear.... don't you think ?

Tony Brooks came across in person as he was supposed to ( in my opinion ) - a minion , a stooge , these-are-your-orders-just-do-like-your-told-because-I'm-in-charge guy. Nothing personal against the man.

Look what happened over a year ago with the podcast.( cancelled after one shoot - who wants to answer the little peoples questions) Bradley Jacobs nearly as invisible as Brooks. The leadership profile to the everyday workers ( their accessibleness to drivers for example ) is gone. The overall strategy and goals for XPO Logistics LTL are a mystery to all but a few. What does the upper management want the LTL to look like in two years? What's the five year plan? How about 10 years? All you have is the head of the company implying that he'd gladly replace drivers with automated tractors as fast as possible.
You are spot on sir and that is my the crux of my opion with the way things are going . We do not matter even in the slightest. We are seen as a nessary evil and if they could do away with us they would. In the meantime give us only what it takes and then take it down a notch below that. Those who disagree with my point on this are respectfully in my view just not getting the big picture or have an agenda to fulfill.

gJFyscN.jpg

I like how you did that. We’re either dumb or corporate shills. There’s no other option.
I was not implying that anyone was “dumb” for not sharing my point of view. I just feel there not seeing the big picture. As for shills there out there. Who knows maybe I’m the one that not seeing the big picture and if that’s so I will Be the first to admit I’m wrong. Time will tell . There’s an inordinate amount of people quitting and terminations and their having extreme difficulty filling those vacancies right now so as far as I’m concerned there trouble in River city.
Listen to Jacobs interviews and he says everyone is happy, happy, happy. I know that’s part of his sales pitch but they better fix the foundation or at some point this house of cards is going to crumble.

Last edited:
I was not implying that anyone was “dumb” for not sharing my point of view. I just feel there not seeing the big picture. As for shills there out there. Who knows maybe I’m the one that not seeing the big picture and if that’s so I will Be the first to admit I’m wrong. Time will tell . There’s an inordinate amount of people quitting and terminations and their having extreme difficulty filling those vacancies right now so as far as I’m concerned there trouble in River city.
Listen to Jacobs interviews and he says everyone is happy, happy, happy. I know that’s part of his sales pitch but they better fix the foundation or at some point this house of cards is going to crumble.
I’m curious how our turn over rate compares to other companies? At the risk of being called a shill, what if a house of cards is one of the strongest structures in the industry?

In my opinion I think to a large extent we are still standing on the structure of what Con-way built or whats left of it before Jacobs demolishes the rest of it unknowingly

Who’s making more money... you? How so?
Well everyone making money. Last I looked a company that doesn't make a profit can't make payroll and when the company can't pay the bill they close the doors which means no one make money. If you are sooooo disgusted with your paycheck then stop cashing it.

Well everyone making money. Last I looked a company that doesn't make a profit can't make payroll and when the company can't pay the bill they close the doors which means no one make money. If you are sooooo disgusted with your paycheck then stop cashing it.
It’s funny how people hate corprate greed when it suits their agenda.

In my opinion I think to a large extent we are still standing on the structure of what Con-way built or whats left of it before Jacobs demolishes the rest of it unknowingly
The structure that Conway built? The one that was bloated with middle management? The one that spent millions on lean to save a few bucks? The ones that spent millions on handhelds that aren’t better than what we had? The one that took your pension? That structure?