XPO | Rumor Mill: It's going again!

I have been saying this for a while but this will not be sold for a bargin price. If someone were to buy us we best hope they are maticulous about their due diligence. Those of us that have been here a while are the only ones that see the difference in lack of reinvestment between now and the past. It’s easy to show gains if your not supplying and reinvesting where you need to be. The lack of such action we see now speaks volumes as to the strategy of our current ownership.

I hope the OT after 50 doesn’t happen to you guys . It will surely be a big loss for you guys that get it now. I’m hearing it all over the place the last couple days . Hopefully it’s just a rumor for your sake. I know they can change anything they want at any time with you guys but I think they would be foolish to do that.

I hope the OT after 50 doesn’t happen to you guys . It will surely be a big loss for you guys that get it now. I’m hearing it all over the place the last couple days . Hopefully it’s just a rumor for your sake. I know they can change anything they want at any time with you guys but I think they would be foolish to do that.
If they change the OT to after 50, EVERYTHING is on the table to be taken or reduced. Paid holidays, PTO limits, Pay scale.....all while we sit back and watch.

If they change the OT to after 50, EVERYTHING is on the table to be taken or reduced. Paid holidays, PTO limits, Pay scale.....all while we sit back and watch.
I have news for you and I’m not trying to be a smart ass , but everything has been on the table. They are going to cut we’re they can get away with it. Everyone needs to get it through their heads . We were bough buy an investor who is going to and has been cutting cost everywhere to maximize profits. If you think for a minute your going to see any REAL gains here for yourself ( despite record numbers) you are sadly mistaken and if that’s not apparent at this point to anyone and everyone shame on you.

Last edited:
I have news for you and I’m not trying to be a smart ass , but everything has been on the table. They are going to cut we’re they can get away with it. Everyone needs to get it through their heads . We were bough buy an investor who is going to and has been cutting cost everywhere to maximize profits. If you think for a minute your going to see any REAL gains here for yourself ( despite record numbers) you are sadly mistaken and if that’s not apparent at this point to anyone and everyone shame on you.
I understand, my point was, that the OT is prolly the one thing they fear the most pushback from. If they change it and there is little to no pushback, everything else will fall like dominoes.

Only 50 ? Are you nuts ? They want rid of us. And that would only be a pay cut for northern and western employees. It'll be 60 hours for OT. So that the entire company takes a cut. And of course. You will be forced to clock at 59.5 or face discipline/termination. Think of all the money Jacobs can make taking it straight from us.

Nobody is doing anything other than putting in applications elsewhere. The time to stand together was 20 years ago. Way to late and people are to old for failed attempts at heroics. It is what it is.
We should have made a firm stand when the pension stopped.

I told you guys over a year ago XPO is banking on drivers not leaving because they don’t think they want to lose their seniority and years they’ve put in. So many drivers left and went to other companies, hopefully XPO sees what’s going on and does something about it.

QbNMRQ2.jpg

We should have made a firm stand when the pension stopped.
Even if you took a stand , you wouldn't have solidarity. Too many people only care about themselves and not the person who's new and getting crapped on.

How many top linehaul drivers do you think would have made a "firm stand" ? Or the city driver with a sweet start time , nice truck , and easy run?

How many top drivers stick there nose in when they see a driver getting pushed around by management? You can be against the Teamsters and corruption but FOR drivers in general.

Try this at your non-union barn ( or even at a union barn ): Get 10 - 20 drivers to call off and go have a beer. I don't think it would happen nowadays.

Even if you took a stand , you wouldn't have solidarity. Too many people only care about themselves and not the person who's new and getting crapped on.

How many top linehaul drivers do you think would have made a "firm stand" ? Or the city driver with a sweet start time , nice truck , and easy run?

How many top drivers stick there nose in when they see a driver getting pushed around by management? You can be against the Teamsters and corruption but FOR drivers in general.

Try this at your non-union barn: Get 10 - 20 drivers to call off and go have a beer. I don't think it would happen nowadays.

Trust me....linehaul is THE largest payroll expense we have. After they gut city ops, these guys will be next. They could really save some bucks by paying them by the hour or a flat run fee like R&L. I think they still maybe like that.

I told you guys over a year ago XPO is banking on drivers not leaving because they don’t think they want to lose their seniority and years they’ve put in. So many drivers left and went to other companies, hopefully XPO sees what’s going on and does something about it.
I left as several others did while they were still Con-way. They were not conserned about Driver's with many years of experience leaving then , so new owners probably are not going to loose sleep over this either.

Only difference is the attitude of the northern and western boys. To many other opportunities. Maybe we just got a little more fight in us. We did win that little pissing war for control of the country, way back in the day, didn't we ?
Come on Brother, it will serve no one well to go down that road. This conversation will turn into a pissing contest where everyone's pants leg will get wet. That part of history need not be fought again here on TB's.

O/T after 50 is better than O/D and R&L who don't get it until over 60. Now I'm not certainly not a special pleader for such a big change in the way we're paid, but it would be in line with what I've been hearing at meetings, in that XPO is looking at labor market conditions at local levels in order decide on how to make a wage change.

You know I here a lot at our barn well I hope we get sold off. I'm not so sure think about it. We've already been beat down,demoralized,facilities and equipment run down.It would take a lot of $$$$ for someone to come in here and get us back in tip top shape again. Then again it mite just be a bargain for someone. Just thinking. Ha

People are hoping to get sold because they see what this management team has done and is doing. They want a chance to continue forward and the only way that will happen is with a change at the top.

I have been saying this for a while but this will not be sold for a bargin price. If someone were to buy us we best hope they are maticulous about their due diligence. Those of us that have been here a while are the only ones that see the difference in lack of reinvestment between now and the past. It’s easy to show gains if your not supplying and reinvesting where you need to be. The lack of such action we see now speaks volumes as to the strategy of our current ownership.

It worked out for CFI. There is still a chance that the old Con-way gets bought for it's border rights. Lanes in and out of Mexico and Canada have value. The problem is that the companies that would buy this company for that reason would likely end the old Con-way. Close everything and make us all reapply for our jobs and be first day employees behind all of their existing employees. Ask anybody that worked for PJAX or Vitran or the other 1000 LTL companies that disappeared since 2000. It's not as much fun as it sounds.

We have been hearing that they want to take more PTO away too. As well as reduce compensation. The wage might go up some. But our compensation is definitely going down.

If we went to OT after 50 most of our city drivers would leave. Almost every ltl in my area would be paying more to start then us at top rate.

This is the goal. Jacobs wants rid of us. So it is all but sure to happen. We aren't an asset. We are an expense. Companies that value their drivers and see them as assets jumped up immediately and rewarded them with increased wages and bonuses. That didn't happen here.

In the 4th quarter results. Jacobs says we have single digit turnover in the LTL. He must use the same calculator he uses to come up with 99.6% damage free to find that number. Because that ::shit:: is a lie.