XPO | Rumor Mill: It's going again!

We've got guys just waiting to see chained up gates when they come in to work.

With the way things are going. The direction the company seems to be heading. it would appear that would be a best case scenario for all parties. Instead of dragging this out. Just cut it clean. Close the gates on XPO LTL.

Then they can bring in whoever or whatever to satisfy their new agenda.

The clock is ticking. He needs to get this thing sold. And it's gonna happen soon. Any decisions made right now are to increase the bid price. Or satisfy the request of a potential buyer.

Yeah. I'm in the Minnesota area and we've heard the same thing but the numbers were different it was 9% raise and overtime was going away!!! Who knows , but I do know one thing we should Stand up if the do take our overtime!!! Walk Out!!!

A lot of people are leaving already. The average truck driver isn't a young man. Later in life you put a stronger value on stability. You become risk adverse. It's awfully shaky ground here at XPO LTL.

In the next two months or so. We will lose at least 20 drivers at this barn. We got some irate mutha truckas. A bunch with will be moving on. The raise, if it ever happens, isn't even a factor. There isn't anyone that believes they will pay us in line with what the rest of the industry is paying drivers.

If their ends up being some kinda pay cut. Or loss of OT. That will only add to the number.

Results matter. Drivers are expensive. The bottom line above all else.

With the way things are going. The direction the company seems to be heading. it would appear that would be a best case scenario for all parties. Instead of dragging this out. Just cut it clean. Close the gates on XPO LTL.

Then they can bring in whoever or whatever to satisfy their new agenda.

The clock is ticking. He needs to get this thing sold. And it's gonna happen soon. Any decisions made right now are to increase the bid price. Or satisfy the request of a potential buyer.
The gates won’t close. Things will just keep on keeping on.

He's spending too much time and money on LTL to be trying to dump it. Yeah, yeah, he's not spending enough on the drivers, and not all of the ideas have been good ones, but they have spent a lot of money on LTL- especially in IT and equipment- more than you'd expect if he didn't want it.

I still maintain that XPO is just new to LTL. They'll figure it out, but they have to make all the mistakes themselves. If you can't or won't wait for them to do that, you'll leave. We'll be okay.

Promising dockworkers CDL class and then canceling it.

Better than not having the freight to support those new drivers who are on the hook for 2 years, right?

No communication as far as the direction of the company or the general goals.

I think it's pretty well established that the company is communicating- but not all barns are equal when it comes to sharing that information.

Zero as far as compensation raises.

We were told we'd hear something in April. It's now the 2nd. I'm not mad about not getting the details yesterday. That seems a little unrealistic.

Go read about the home deliveries of exercise equipment and furniture. These are jobs for 18 - 28 year olds.

I don't have to read about it, I've done it. I'm still doing it, and I passed 28 a long time ago.

If someone contradicts themselves , who cares?

I'm old fashioned, I guess.

On top of the current environment you want people to talk tough and be cowboys sticking their chest out and be happy at the prospect of crappy freight?

I'd like for the cowboys to back up all the tough talk. Far too much whining for a bunch of tough guys. (Not just here- trucking in general, really.)

He's spending too much time and money on LTL to be trying to dump it. Yeah, yeah, he's not spending enough on the drivers, and not all of the ideas have been good ones, but they have spent a lot of money on LTL- especially in IT and equipment- more than you'd expect if he didn't want it.

I still maintain that XPO is just new to LTL. They'll figure it out, but they have to make all the mistakes themselves. If you can't or won't wait for them to do that, you'll leave. We'll be okay.

Blind optimism. Willful suspense of disbelief. And the sentiment that you can trust the company to take care of you. Laced with condescendance.

You should go into management.

Better than not having the freight to support those new drivers who are on the hook for 2 years, right?

I think it's pretty well established that the company is communicating- but not all barns are equal when it comes to sharing that information.

We were told we'd hear something in April. It's now the 2nd. I'm not mad about not getting the details yesterday. That seems a little unrealistic.

These are actually very good points and firm rebuttals. There are plenty of guys trying to wish things better here.

I don't have to read about it, I've done it. I'm still doing it, and I passed 28 a long time ago.

I'm old fashioned, I guess.

I'd like for the cowboys to back up all the tough talk. Far too much whining for a bunch of tough guys. (Not just here- trucking in general, really.)

I ain’t no tough guy. I was a big time whiner before they hired me. I’ve simply further perfected my craft. You can't fake experience.

Blind optimism. Willful suspense of disbelief. And the sentiment that you can trust the company to take care of you. Laced with condescendance.
I don't depend on XPO to take care of me, I expect them to pay me in exchange for my labor. They're doing that. There is a difference between trusting them to care for you like a family member and simply believing that they need you to stay so they can make money. I don't need them to care about me personally- that's my responsibility.

I'm certainly an optimist, but I'm not blind. We're all reading and hearing the same things, we just interpret it differently.

And come on, this is the internet. Everyone is condescending.

I love the whole "Friday the raise will be announced" rumor It was so much fun watch all these drivers getting there panties in a bunch over it. With all the rumors out there I surprised no one had a heart attack. I watch driver who don't work any OT figure out how much they would lose by having OT changed to 50hs. I believe that someone in the higher ups started all those rumors just to see the reactions on all the social media sites.
The question I ask all of you on TB is would you take a higher pay raise and have a change to the OT rule. Meaning would you take a $6 or $7 raise with no OT over a $2 raise to keep you OT after 8hrs. Post what you think

I don't depend on XPO to take care of me, I expect them to pay me in exchange for my labor. They're doing that. There is a difference between trusting them to care for you like a family member and simply believing that they need you to stay so they can make money. I don't need them to care about me personally- that's my responsibility.

I'm certainly an optimist, but I'm not blind. We're all reading and hearing the same things, we just interpret it differently.

And come on, this is the internet. Everyone is condescending.
The one thing most forget is a company has to turn a profit to stay in business. If I was at YRC I would be more worried that the gates would be locked then here.
To many are getting uptight because the raises have not been announced yet and believe all the rumors they hear. I sure BJ and all the higher ups are having one hell of a good time reading all these whining post on TD and another social media site about it.
The days of staying at one company is long gone. Some do others don't. The only trust you need to have in a company is that they are turning a profit and paying you fairly for the work you do. When one of those two or both are becoming the norm then it's time to move on and before XPO bought Con-way we were heading in that direction though some will refuse to see it. When I came to Con-way years ago and saw all the free ::shit:: they gave everybody. The free food just because no one farted in the breakroom that week. I was shocked. We were spending money like a sailor on shore leave with no care in the world. Now that all the BS spending has stop and profits are up XPO is now the big bad evil company because you raise was not put out on Friday.

Think the whole Fri deal stems from s memo put out March 5. Read towards bottom announcement end of March
n9SQBmx.jpg

Think the whole Fri deal stems from s memo put out March 5. Read towards bottom announcement end of March
n9SQBmx.jpg
yup I see it "We hope to be able to announce specifics of the plan by the end of March" no were does it state it will be announced or a specific date. All it says is they hope to and that it.

yup I see it "We hope to be able to announce specifics of the plan by the end of March" no were does it state it will be announced or a specific date. All it says is they hope to and that it.
If they would have chosen better language like "soon" instead of by the end of March, this whole debacle would've been avoided.
I believe that they had a plan in place that wasn't sufficient after FedEx upped the anty and they knew there would be issues.