XPO | Rumor Mill: It's going again!

However, I am concerned that the company can use this technology to discipline drivers whom they dislike for whatever reason; especially union supporters.

Why are you worried? I thought they reinstated all of the illegally terminated employees. Anyway, it sounds like you have two choices- give up the union or drive the truck the way they want.

Can you say with any degree of honesty that you have never exhibited behavior that would have you in the office had the camera been recording at the time? Being a dedicated driver, when I'm handed 13 stops at noon, I move as efficiently as I can to try to get them all done.Sometimes, that means being a bit less safe than I would normally and that camera may result in my receiving discipline for trying to do my job.

Of course not- but the difference between us is that I acknowledge that that is my choice, and if I choose to do that then any coaching is a result of my actions, not a company vendetta. If I was that paranoid about it, I'd just follow the rules. You guys act like that's impossible.

A slacker would never be guilty of driving too close as his slacker philosophy would cause him to drive so slowly as to never be within 4 seconds of anyone.

"Slacker" doesn't just mean slow, it means doing the bare minimum required, if that. In this case, it means not bothering to change your behavior because the union is going to lower the standards for you. Sound familiar?

"Slacker" doesn't just mean slow, it means doing the bare minimum required, if that. In this case, it means not bothering to change your behavior because the union is going to lower the standards for you. Sound familiar?
Sorry, Gene. Very nice attempt at twisting my meaning, once again. Point being, you sometimes can't drive the truck the way they want and achieve the results they expect. Yet, they will insist that you can. Remember 17 minute peddle stops. On what planet is that possible. How about PD 10? 17 minutes from gate to clock. Were you able to accomplish that? I'm not worried, as they will reinstate all the terminated drivers, if only to free themselves of the ULP's that they are losing in the courts. That's assuming they want to return from the infinitely better union jobs secured for them by the Teamsters. Everything I do in that truck is my choice and it's not my fault that the company uses my choice to be a dedicated employee against me. If I drive the truck the way they want me to, I'd have 3 or 4 returns every day, and I don't need to tell you where that leads. Your last comment is just plain disrespectful. Teamsters raise the standards of the terminals in which they work for the simple reason that happy employees are always more productive than unhappy ones. Being a union driver simply means you have someone to speak for you when the company says they can change policy at any time, for any reason, with or without notice to it's employees. Their policies are unilateral and not contractual, which means they can really do whatever they want. Since the purchase, the company has changed policy many times and every time it has benefited their bottom line at the expense of the drivers. You can look it up.

That's assuming they want to return from the infinitely better union jobs secured for them by the Teamsters.

Why don't the Teamsters just do job placement then? Seems a lot easier than organizing, and as you said, the jobs are "infinitely better".

If I drive the truck the way they want me to, I'd have 3 or 4 returns every day, and I don't need to tell you where that leads.

That line about returns is nonsense. 65 at 4 seconds is 65 at 6 or 7. Even if stopping completely for a stop sign adds 5 seconds and you go through 100 of them, that's less than 9 minutes. Leaving your seatbelt on costs no time. People that say things like that have never really tried.

Besides, I've been here for a long time, and I've still never seen a driver fired for being slow.

Your last comment is just plain disrespectful. Teamsters raise the standards of the terminals in which they work for the simple reason that happy employees are always more productive than unhappy ones.

LOL it has nothing to do with being Teamsters. If the standards are being raised, it's because professional drivers are working hard and proud of what they do.

The Teamsters are a bunch of hucksters whoring out the good name of men and women who fought against real injustice, not prima-donnas fighting for their Harley payments.

Why don't the Teamsters just do job placement then? Seems a lot easier than organizing, and as you said, the jobs are "infinitely better".

That line about returns is nonsense. 65 at 4 seconds is 65 at 6 or 7. Even if stopping completely for a stop sign adds 5 seconds and you go through 100 of them, that's less than 9 minutes. Leaving your seatbelt on costs no time. People that say things like that have never really tried.

Besides, I've been here for a long time, and I've still never seen a driver fired for being slow.

LOL it has nothing to do with being Teamsters. If the standards are being raised, it's because professional drivers are working hard and proud of what they do.

The Teamsters are a bunch of hucksters whoring out the good name of men and women who fought against real injustice, not prima-donnas fighting for their Harley payments.
They are doing job placement as we speak by organizing XPO. I have to admit I have yet to see a driver fired for being too slow. Instead, they find other ways to fire them. Under current conditions, they don't even need a reason. You are an at will employee. Who were the real men and women who fought against injustice? The 1934 Minneapolis Teamsters maybe. Ore the 1905 Montgomery Ward Teamsters. Not only did they fight for injustice. Many died for the cause. My Harley is paid in full, thank you.

Hollywoodz said, "If I drive the truck the way they want me to, I'd have 3 or 4 returns every day, and I don't need to tell you where that leads." In response, you said the following:
You forgot to mention Get Out and Look using the Abloy lock as the necessity for doing so. I tried all of it, including GOAL. I did it for the first part of what ended up being a twenty stop day and you know what? After the first seven deliveries, I stopped doing it because I was getting behind and knew I would be unable to honor the committments made to my early closers. In other words, I stopped locking my trailer and getting out to look because it would have compromised the service that my customers have come to expect.

Based on how much time I spend at the shop getting things fixed before my linehaul run, there are very few proper pre/post trips getting done.

I pre trip everything. If I don't like it, it will be fixed or I will not roll. Yesterday I didn't get out the yard until nearly 13:00. Bad tractor and bad trailer. Had to swing the trailer. No excuse for some of the nonsense going on right now.

After inbound was over , a driver was told to hook a set. No problem. His lead had 23,000 lbs. Once he began to put the set together he noticed the lead had NO breaks. Zero. None. Rolled like a marble going downhill. Without airlines attached.

It made it all the way from some distant FAC with no brakes. Zero. With a 23,000 lbs. load. He wrote it up and red-tagged it.
Yeah, we all have stories like that. With the new breed of drivers (some will call me one of them with only 15 years driving), les and less surprises me. I can only be responsible for me, and I do my best every night. Well, most nights.

What's going on at Xco ?

Tipping point has been met. A mass exodus is the result. I got 10 years and have moved up 10 spots already. Guys under me quitting too, of course. At least another dozen waiting for their call. Another dozen looking for other things to line up. Probably gonna lose around 20 more. Some people will change their minds and stay after they see who all has left. No one wants to wait around until we get sold again. No one wants to try to find a job in the winter months. Many reasons to leave, few reasons to stay. People got families. Can't afford to stay here and have it go bad or get worse. Which seems a guarantee at this point.

Virtually all of the " pro " guys voted with their feet. They are at UPS now.

I have heard that XHG just hired approx 45 people. I dont know what positions or reason. Some came from UPS and FEDEX.