XPO | Rumor Mill: It's going again!

People keep talking about UPS buying this. They don't have enough drivers, everybody says. Why would they buy the company when they can just hire the drivers ? UPS is doing a pretty good job of taking ours at this terminal. We are like a farm team. We train them. Get them a couple years behind the wheel. Then they get the call up to the big leagues.

People keep talking about UPS buying this. They don't have enough drivers, everybody says. Why would they buy the company when they can just hire the drivers ? UPS is doing a pretty good job of taking ours at this terminal. We are like a farm team. We train them. Get them a couple years behind the wheel. Then they get the call up to the big leagues.
That's funny but true.

Care to elaborate on that or are u just trolling?
I heard through good source a acquisition is coming. Vague on details but we should here soon. Also heard from source Brads not happy with stocks performance...looking for a bump. Q2 results coming out this week. Earnings look great. Despite that cost and effeciancies will be a BIG focus going into 3rd qtr. Stock up on TP

Last edited:
I heard through good source a acquisition is coming. Vague on details but we should here soon. Also heard from source Brads not happy with stocks performance...looking for a bump. Q2 results coming out this week. Earnings look great. Despite that cost and effeciancies will be a BIG focus going into 3rd qtr. Stock up on TP
This should not be a surprise to anyone who has paid attention to what the tip top people have been saying. The last few earnings calls have had questions and answers regarding XPO Logistics being in a acquisition mode. Brad and crew have admitted this openly.

I imagine that they settled on a target several months ago and have quietly went through the other company's books and will try and move in for the kill. Just like they did with Con-way. Remember Brad and crew aren't trying to grow the business , just maintain it and maximize the value of it while simultaneously sucking every last penny out of the place. It's tricky , but by golly , they are pulling it off...so far.

This should not be a surprise to anyone who has paid attention to what the tip top people have been saying. The last few earnings calls have had questions and answers regarding XPO Logistics being in a acquisition mode. Brad and crew have admitted this openly.

I imagine that they settled on a target several months ago and have quietly went through the other company's books and will try and move in for the kill. Just like they did with Con-way. Remember Brad and crew aren't trying to grow the business , just maintain it and maximize the value of it while simultaneously sucking every last penny out of the place. It's tricky , but by golly , they are pulling it off...so far.
Investor calls are a dog in pony show

So let's say we get bought again. Can anyone offer me any evidence that such a buyout automatically means BAD. Many of you already think things are bad since XPO, so whose to say it has to get worse?

So let's say we get bought again. Can anyone offer me any evidence that such a buyout automatically means BAD. Many of you already think things are bad since XPO, so whose to say it has to get worse?
We were quite lucky that XPO didn't make us reapply.
We had a regional carrier bought by Central Transport here that did not fare well at all. Many quit and went elsewhere. The only purchase that's gotten better for employees was maybe Overnite.
In times where companies are reducing bottom line costs, a buyout can easily cost any wages or benefits that a new company sees to be excessive. Jacobs promised to show us a little love when he announced our purchase. I haven't seen anything of the sort.

I just don't see ltl getting bought. Now talking about what could be bad about I see a couple things right off the bat. If some already in the Ltl business bought us their would definitely be terminal closure due to overlap. Also with the lack of reinvestment that we are currently experiencing with Jacobs if someone were to buy us they would need to pour money back into the system to bring it back from the degradation of his profit drain, and we know where that would come from.

I just don't see ltl getting bought. Now talking about what could be bad about I see a couple things right off the bat. If some already in the Ltl business bought us their would definitely be terminal closure due to overlap. Also with the lack of reinvestment that we are currently experiencing with Jacobs if someone were to buy us they would need to pour money back into the system to bring it back from the degradation of his profit drain, and we know where that would come from.
The quality of our infrastructure ls still far ahead of some of our competitors.

Why buy another ltl carrier and all its old junk? Wouldn’t it be cheaper to simply buy all their freight business and close them down? Maybe it’s a truckload carrier

Saia probably fits best. They have newer equipment and profitable. Saia is also owned by stockholders right? Shareholders are all about the stock price and so would be more inclined to sell than a privately owned fleet whose owner doesn’t want out yet