XPO | Rumor Mill: It's going again!

It gives me reason to live as long as I possibly can so they have to pay me until the day I die!!! Lol. I have a 401 k with a 6 %match at my current employer. If the market goes South , hopefully this will be some form of diversification. You can roll it over and not get penalized but I feel that is putting all my eggs in one basket.
Stubborn, Atta Boy LOL...Thats my plan to get back at them to...

They are betting that people will jump on the cash to pay down debt, medical bills and so on. This will be Very attractive to a bunch of people when looking at the lump sum.
Or purchase something they can't afford, then worry about money when they retire.

An interesting audience. I wonder how much they can possibly save and why the limited selection of participants.
I would imagine that it may have something to do with the state law surrounding pension or retirement plans. We have plenty of 15 year+ employees and have heard nothing of buyout plans.

True or not true: $10,000 bonus is now $50,000 grand to go to Minot , ND.

I've heard of other terminals that have NEVER offered hiring bonuses are now offering a $1,000 here or $2,000 there yet still , no takers.

I guess a bad word of mouth travels fast...hmmm.

True or not true: $10,000 bonus is now $50,000 grand to go to Minot , ND.

I've heard of other terminals that have NEVER offered hiring bonuses are now offering a $1,000 here or $2,000 there yet still , no takers.

I guess a bad word of mouth travels fast...hmmm.

Have you ever been to Minot? It's not exactly a sprawling metropolis.. I haven't heard anything about that big of a bonus..I sure wouldn't go for $50k. They've had trouble finding solid help out there even before XPO.. If I had to guess it probably has to do with finding people that can pass a **** test.

Have you ever been to Minot? It's not exactly a sprawling metropolis.. I haven't heard anything about that big of a bonus..I sure wouldn't go for $50k. They've had trouble finding solid help out there even before XPO.. If I had to guess it probably has to do with finding people that can pass a **** test.
Google satellite/street view of the terminal in Minot looks like it's off of a dirt road.

Terminal is a year old. Not sure about the 50k, I doubt it. Lots of drivers available with the oil slowdown... finding ones with any work ethic is a little tough.

Terminal is a year old. Not sure about the 50k, I doubt it. Lots of drivers available with the oil slowdown... finding ones with any work ethic is a little tough.
It's going to be fun to watch in another 10 years or so these Companies that have taken advantage of employees in the past try to figure out why the up coming generation is not interested in the long hours and sacarfices that comes with this job. Stock up on your Popcorn !!!!

It's going to be fun to watch in another 10 years or so these Companies that have taken advantage of employees in the past try to figure out why the up coming generation is not interested in the long hours and sacarfices that comes with this job. Stock up on your Popcorn !!!!
I'm not sure if you have to wait 10yrs to see what what happens . We have already been witnessing this albeit in another part of the industry. The OTR sector has already been doing this for the last 20 plus yrs ...false promises, declining wages and gimmicks to lure drivers in . Very few OTR divers have much tenure as most of the sector is made up of new to the industry drivers or job jumpers. It's no surprise that the overwhelming majority of that sector is non union. If being non union is the ticket to prosperity and harmony in the job force then it's certainly not working in that sector. This is where ltl is going. A race to the bottom. The profits will only be shared by the few who deem themselves the worthy by taking risk with OPM. The majority will sit and quietly watch it happen.

You're right on the money there! I don't see ANY young people coming into this industry. The reason is incontrovertible...they don't wanna do this sort of work. I can't say as I blame them either. The long hours, constant aggravation and stress...who the hell needs it?