Averitt | Rumor Mill, Let's hear it !

I asked if I could and was told that not until all are trained on using them and the office can read them, so no I haven't heard of when that will happen. I'm all for it personally, less paperwork and save at least 45 minutes a week logging.
The "office (Kookvegas) can't read the paper ones. The city already has been using the electronic logs for several years now.

Must of....since they are strecthing pennies.....I wonder why they would go thru the trouble of stocking 2 different style of 22.5 tires. BTW wait till you get on wet roads or slushy ice roads with those puppies. Food grade outfits have been running them for years! I'd stick with the 11r22.5

My new FL racer has Low Pros all the way around!

New Rumor...We are going to go to max 4 weeks paid vacation.

Yeah when this happens!
pigsfly.jpg

Lifer, drivers like yourself and I are simply too valuable to be allowed off for more than three weeks, OR would plummet, transit times would suffer and possibly never recover.

With the future computer logs and our present schedules that run close to 11 hours, I hope we will get at least 68mph maybe 70mph road speeds to insure compliance with the current hours of service. Plus with the new 34 hour restart requirements, that will eliminate extra weekend runs so we will be forced to have some Sunday-Thursday schedules. These are my optimistic opinions and have no merit or validity whatsoever.

With the future computer logs and our present schedules that run close to 11 hours, I hope we will get at least 68mph maybe 70mph road speeds to insure compliance with the current hours of service. Plus with the new 34 hour restart requirements, that will eliminate extra weekend runs so we will be forced to have some Sunday-Thursday schedules. These are my optimistic opinions and have no merit or validity whatsoever.

Surely you are dreaming....they will just make those 11hr runs into meet and swaps...already they have the COMBO single sleeper LTL running weekend schedules!:LMAO:

Don't know about your barn but at my barn 90% of the schedules cut at 2100-2130. So do ALL of our competitors and we pretty much ALL run to the same places. There is Saia, Vitrans, OD, Cooper, UPSF, FedEx, Conway, SEFL, etc. that are all out here running to the same places at the same times at the SAME speeds. An extra 3 mph would:
1. return the freight back 30 minutes earlier on a 10 hour run
2. Be on the road 30 minutes less using 30 minutes less of fuel.
3. Allow us to get away/ahead of endless fluster clucks that happen on a nightly basis.

We were told by our BRILLIANT leaders (little dick et al) after they ran a "test" last time that there was NO significant loss of MPG and as a result all trucks turned up to 68 mph. Then the price per gallon of fuel rose (along with the fuel surcharge so there was ZERO loss to Averitt as it was passed on to the customers). The same intelligentsia that brought us the International Duradogs with their typical "hair-on-fire" management style brought in shop employees across the system and paid boo koo $$$ on a Saturday to hurry up and turn down the trucks back to 65 mph so we could run in the midst of the aforementioned flustercluck.. Ludicrous doesn't even begin to describe this idiocy.

TURN THE DAMN TRUCKS UP ALREADY! Your new Volvos are getting 1 mpg better fuel mileage than 5 years ago and you are still passing on the cost to the customers (exactly where it should be) with ZERO additional cost to the company. Your "Going Green" BS is simply that....BS!

When I drop off Sapulpa hill grossed around 150k with a 42' and a 45' in tow, I can reach dang near 80mph, and Sir, it feels wonderful, but soon I get back on the flat and reach my top speed of 58mph, be glad ya don't have that, we have been rear ended several times, we run a 75mph turnpike going 40mph up the hills! Ain't this new trucking world great? Pffftt....

When I drop off Sapulpa hill grossed around 150k with a 42' and a 45' in tow, I can reach dang near 80mph, and Sir, it feels wonderful, but soon I get back on the flat and reach my top speed of 58mph, be glad ya don't have that, we have been rear ended several times, we run a 75mph turnpike going 40mph up the hills! Ain't this new trucking world great? Pffftt....
If you are with the same outfit, I know they castrated your trucks a while back. At least you aren't in a Sygma truck.

So are we or are we not going to be running 07/05? COrp., I bet, will make an announcement early this week. Their phones have got to be ringing off the hook.

We are getting another raise before years end. Anyone else heard that? With the o/r we have, we should.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I'm very happy with truck loads fuel bonus program...oh wait I didn't get the fuel bonus...never mind...

Of course TL would get screwed AGAIN!
Of all the TL drivers I spoke with a very SMALL percentage got the bonus, mostly around $100........

Here's the funny part...about a month and a half into the quarter my DM told me how GREAT I was doing with the MPG...I thought I had it in the bag...then comes the end of June no response...**crickets**...

I'm telling you, they treat us all like we are in Kindergarten and that all of the kooks in kookeville are the smartest, most brilliant people to ever deal with red trucks. If they really wanted to and they REALLY cared about their drivers, they would have EVERY driver on the same pay scale and up THAT to a competitive rate. This "shuttle makes this" and "combo makes that" and "truckload gets paid this way" and "team drivers get paid the same as single drivers" is beyond ludicrous.

Bump up the pay, increase the top vacation time allowed, allow those that want to to take time off without the threat of these asinine "Attendance Points". We need a day off and they want to throw a point while at the same time they run Landstar and all of the other choice contract carriers willy-nilly at these loads.

I'll get off of my soapbox. Just pl$$es me off to no end.