Averitt | Rumor Mill, Let's hear it !

6 of our oldest daycabs are on a "sale" list at corporate, shipping used replacements in from across the system.

Well @ MFS I see teams getting them so maybe one day we'll get ours.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
I thought you were in T/L....There alot of new 17xx and 18xx Shuttle Sleepers, I don't know why we STILL have Single Sleeper Shuttle, That can be done by T/L and outside carriers. Most of the Sleeper Shuttle people don't take care of their trucks,(PIG PENS+FILTHY) so why WASTE money buying them a NEW truck. I see they FINALLY moved the Wrecked Shuttle Sleeper Cascadia over at Tampa, must be at FRTLNR getting repaired!

I thought you were in T/L....There alot of new 17xx and 18xx Shuttle Sleepers, I don't know why we STILL have Single Sleeper Shuttle, That can be done by T/L and outside carriers. Most of the Sleeper Shuttle people don't take care of their trucks,(PIG PENS+FILTHY) so why WASTE money buying them a NEW truck. I see they FINALLY moved the Wrecked Shuttle Sleeper Cascadia over at Tampa, must be at FRTLNR getting repaired!

What makes you think I was in T/L? I was for about 4 years been over in shuttle for 3 years now.

Don't know about your shuttle trucks but I keep my very clean. Of course at the moment I haven TL hand me down.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I get for thinkin....It looks like all the new sleepers are getting split between T/L, Dedicated and Shuttle...The BMW guys in Jacksonville have New Cascadia's,I've seen alot of new 18xx shuttle rides.

In my opinion I think I'd prefered to keep the truckload trucks that had numbers 132xx-134xx, they had the good strong cummins, the regeneration parts seemed to work fine with no issues, large tanks (except the prostars, which offset the needing the large tanks with great fuel mileage), I'm not sure which sleeper shuttle's ##'s those were but with the new trucks having the extra tank for DEF and the smaller fuel tanks it just seems it would be a bit of a hassle.

I' been hearing about a pay raise, from more than just a few people.......sure would'nt hurt my feelings.

Spoke with a TIF T/L driver I know,who had a conversation with a HR person at FUL. It was relayed to him that pay raises were being LOOKED at!:hysterical:

From what I understand is that new hire T/L drivers are being told that they will get 36 hrs off, they may not be the days you want off. BY the way worked 7 days this week, Out Monday morning, got in at 0500 this morning. From what I understand this is becoming a common practice here in T/L, are two weeks out before time off.... not that far off?....when that happens here at AVRT.... ADIOS,C-YA, GOODBYE, I QUIT.

I believe a long time ago, like 5-7 years they changed their hiring practices from the guaranteed home on weekends to saying home weekly with recruiters and everyone else knowing that most are home most weekends. They also say they try to get you a reset but that it wont always happen, so if you read between the lines that means that it's expected to sometimes get home sat, leave sunday etc.
About 5 years ago the option was offered to do the 2 weeks out guaranteed 3 days off, some still do it. Either way, I'm not being critical but sometimes a little bs isnt worth changing the job over, there is always going to be something somewhere it's just finding the job that has the bs that's tolerable to you and your family, if it's home every weekend stick to your guns.