Holland | Rumor or Fact, you be the judge.

No Shania Twain is not looking for you buddy, see has a real road man, me, so she does not need you brother!!! But you know what, she is a high maintainence beauty queen and now I am broke, soooooooo you win!!!!!!!!

shania twain

Your all wrong. Shania got herself a Utility man out of DS. She wants someone who can deliver anwwhere every night. Boomer:funky:

It's getting very expensive for me to keep flying back and forth to Switzerland to visit her and MY child. I wish she would just come back home.:hysterical:

Can't handle it!!!

Your all wrong. Shania got herself a Utility man out of DS. She wants someone who can deliver anwwhere every night. Boomer:funky:

Very good!! But I'm sure it's a city man UE, road guys can't handle the UE work:hysterical:

GBA:USA:

I heard if you join the IBT and pay dues they will protect your job and your way of life.

Now THAT is funny :biglaugh::hysterical::biglaugh::hysterical: . It's sad that in 10 short years I went from being a steward to the point of being almost anti-union due to the lack of representation and their outright lying to us.

Now THAT is funny ::hysterical:hysterical: . It's sad that in 10 short years I went from being a steward to the point of being almost anti-union due to the lack of representation and their outright lying to us.
Often, I have to fight off the erge to turn my back on the union also. They have lied to us often. Our leaders in the top positions, mis-represent us constantly it seems. This whole contract has been mis-represented. Now, the top brass will not allow any enforcement. Every issue just keeps getting delayed longer and longer. Clearly the union is afraid of fighting YRC. Remember the :BS: about all of these jobs that this contract would create? Why do we have so many still laid off. Remember how if the company went over the 25% overtime, they would have to bring drivers back off lay-off? In most barns this hasn't been enforced either. I think both sides, union and company, knew what they were doing to us. Shame on both. I will get off my :soapbox: now, but I feel your pain bro.

Now to top it all off, I hear bad news from the meeting about the UE, and the fact that my seniority may all be lost and the union seems to be ok with this. I need to check into it further but I was told that the first round of bidding for UE will only be open to Line-haul only, then City at their next normal bid, so I spent 10 years in the city then came out on the highway just over 2 years ago and due to lay-offs I could be forced on to UE then bumped off when city guys bid in April, then put at the bottom of the city board. I could have swore that someone from the union told me once, "all we have is our seniority" and it seems that I could be stripped of mine. I need to find the latest rendition of this b***s*** agreement and read it again. Maybe it will explain why i should be happy paying my dues for this kind of representation. Is UPSF hiring?

some may but most won't. it is much faster pasted than most ltl co. as a new hire much more b.s. to put up with. but we are hiring if you want to give it a shot.I would be more than happy to help out with any questions you have.

Now to top it all off, I hear bad news from the meeting about the UE, and the fact that my seniority may all be lost and the union seems to be ok with this. I need to check into it further but I was told that the first round of bidding for UE will only be open to Line-haul only, then City at their next normal bid, so I spent 10 years in the city then came out on the highway just over 2 years ago and due to lay-offs I could be forced on to UE then bumped off when city guys bid in April, then put at the bottom of the city board. I could have swore that someone from the union told me once, "all we have is our seniority" and it seems that I could be stripped of mine. I need to find the latest rendition of this b***s*** agreement and read it again. Maybe it will explain why i should be happy paying my dues for this kind of representation. Is UPSF hiring?

It is my understanding you can be bumped but you will go into your company seniorty spot on the city board with no retreat rights, then you would go to bottom if you want to go back to road.

It is my understanding you can be bumped but you will go into your company seniorty spot on the city board with no retreat rights, then you would go to bottom if you want to go back to road.
You are correct grumpy. However, that was under the original contract that we signed. Alot of that original language has been altered, or at least in the process of being altered.:chairshot:

You are correct grumpy. However, that was under the original contract that we signed. Alot of that original language has been altered, or at least in the process of being altered.:chairshot:

That is exactly what makes me nervous. The original agreement was bad enough, but who knows what kind of cut and paste b***s*** they are going to come up with now. I know the union only cares about getting their dues check every month. They could give a s*** where I fall on the seniority board. It will probably be the ol' "you should be glad to have a job" speech.