Holland | Rumor or Fact, you be the judge.

I heard that in October they were going to do away with the utility bids? way to much damage with all the extra handling,and slowing down the service by days.Turning over night runs into two and 3 day lanes .I wonder how many millions they spent on this brain fart? This company did nothing but make money for 80 years,Same with RoadWay and New Penn and in the corse of 3 years one idiot has us all on the brink of disaster,Maybe we could start pulling long tripples next,with progressive loading!:TR10driving03:

I thought all of the utility bids had been cancelled allready at Holland

I thought all of the utility bids had been cancelled allready at Holland

You are correct, they have been cancelled. What the rumor pertains to is the existing velocity centers and the velocity bids that go to these terminals. These are the ones that are to be cancelled in Oct. Boomer

In a round about way TM said more direct and less to velocity for breaking and re-distributing never came out and said ending but you can see it "ain't woiking boss"
Let's get out of the cornway of thinking when it comes to moving freight a:shift:and get back to MOVING FREIGHT

Yes. Freight as far as our unions future is about to enter the History books. We now enter into the transition period of LTL trucking. The industry can only hope someone with insight into the future comes along as it did in the Hoffa Sr.years. Right now its all about survival.

although i don't work for holland,can you tell us what is the differnce between a linehaul, utility, and a p&d driver at the world of holland is? thanks

although i don't work for holland,can you tell us what is the differnce between a linehaul, utility, and a p&d driver at the world of holland is? thanks

1. Holland linehaul delv. freight between terminals and can also kick and pick (unload and load) at dark terminals, If the terminal is open (not one of the 17 Velocity terminals) the city operation will do the unloading and loading.

2.We do not have Utility drivers anymore we have Linehaul drivers on Velocity bids that go to 17 terminals in the system and are allowed to work the dock even when the terminal is open. They basicly exchange freight with each other and go back to their terminal

3. p&D drivers are city pickup and delv. drivers and dook workers since they are all CDL qualified to do the same.

this is how it is as you put it "AT THE WORLD OF HOLLAND"

JJ I have a question. If the utility driver has been abolished, what work rule is used for the road driver doing dock work at an open terminal. As you know I'm at an EOL terminal and we don't see what goes on at the velocity centers. To let you know, I'll be heading back to my old city peddle next month. Grizz

JJ I have a question. If the utility driver has been abolished, what work rule is used for the road driver doing dock work at an open terminal. As you know I'm at an EOL terminal and we don't see what goes on at the velocity centers. To let you know, I'll be heading back to my old city peddle next month. Grizz

The only open terminals that a road driver can even do work is with the velocity terminals. Any other open terminal an the road driver can not do the dock work.

You are correct, they have been cancelled. What the rumor pertains to is the existing velocity centers and the velocity bids that go to these terminals. These are the ones that are to be cancelled in Oct. Boomer

OK now I have two questions:

1. If the velocity centers and velocity bids are to be canceled in October then when will the COO be posted for the change?

2. If/When this happens then will the city and road jobs go back to the way they were pre-velocity centers? (more relay loads in to terminals for city men to break, road men sitting and waiting on their loads to make if they're not ready when they get there)

They will stop the bids but use the open board to work there own loads(cross docking) at the current velocity centers. That way they dont have to have a coo

GRIZZ i guess we will just have to wait and see how this rumor pans out. Wait and see what happens in 2 months when the bids come out.

But if they due away with the VELOCITY centers then it SHOULD go back to Hollands orginal work rules where road drivers can kick and pick at dark terminals only.

And remember we due not have any UTILTY drivers anymore we have road drivers on bids into VELOCITY centers

I will believe it when I see it.

Truck driver rumors always start with "someone told me" or "I heard"...blah, blah,blah.

How about some factual information?

I think anything is possible, but will wait to see an official posting.

This is the rumor thread Cityboy. Besides that most all posters here know what they are posting is rumor, but you can bet there's a lot of fact in their post.

well ,with all the rumors on this historic wknd .somebody supposed to go out!!!!!!!!!! good luck to all

abfempm is referring to the yearly rumor that goes around ever since CF was closed on Labor Day weekend, he's not hoping for anyone's demise. He's just bringing up an urban Union trucking rumor.

To me, this is no way for another union brother to conduct himself. Sorry, but we get reminded enough from the non's. Benny, sorry to disagree, Abfepme is not on our side. He's about as transparent and sarcastic a poster I've seen in a while. I'm not convinced he is even a teamster. This is not my style to personally attack. I back-read several threads he started on many different boards before I came to this conclusion. If I get punished for this I'll take and move on. Grizz