Holland | Rumor or Fact, you be the judge.

you are correct I do not know all of you, however I do know enough of you to stand by my post

Maybe is implying that he knows enough of us to know we will not kiss *** to get preferential treatment, or run scared whenever the big bad boss tells us to jump. Which means we would probably not fit in there. Just a thought.:funky:

Maybe is implying that he knows enough of us to know we will not kiss *** to get preferential treatment, or run scared whenever the big bad boss tells us to jump. Which means we would probably not fit in there. Just a thought.:funky:
Yep, I'm SURE he knows our work ethic and everything else about ENOUGH of us. What a ridiculous comment. Good answer Doogie.

It is my understanding you can be bumped but you will go into your company seniorty spot on the city board with no retreat rights, then you would go to bottom if you want to go back to road.
In the JO (city) contract, you cannot get bumped to the city board at all, but you get full retreat rights back to the road. Now, which contract takes precidence, is another topic altogether. (I am sure we will find out come January)

Be nice we can all get along just dandy if we can just agree to disagree when we don't share the same opinion as others.

I'm retired from UPS Freight formally Overnite where I was hired back in 1986.
I was a Teamster driver before that from 1966 to 1986.

I'm sure a lot has changed since I was a Teamster but back in the olden days of the union,in my local area you could jump,from one board to another according to your company senority,on a yearly bid.

At Overnite when they were non-union it was one board,with no jumping around,each year you could only bid in your class according to the senority you had for that class.
Company senority only was good for vacation bids,thats about it.

I signed a card with my terminal 2 weeks before my retirement discharge date.
So as far as their contract I'm clueless on how the senority comes into play now days?

Also after being out of the union so long I'm sure everything is different.

I'm only throwing in my 2 cents on this topic to help keep the peace,for we've all learned that opinions are like back sides everyone has one.
But if we agree,or not we can still have an intellegent conversation,by just agreeing to disagree with one another,in my opinion.

I have to somewhat agree with woodnnn about our ability to adapt at UPSF.They have to work at a faster pace to find and or recoup the smashed up freight so they can hit the street.Once they hit the street they run hard(I"ll give them that much)cuz they have a lot of explaining to do at the customers dock.Then they call in with exceptions and refused freight(stress,bs,stress).10 minutes on phone.How do I work around this stuff?It's a good thing we lost 1/2 or I'd have more in my way(relief).All deliveries off,refused frt.in nose.Time for p/u!!!!Only have1/2 a trlr. with all this damaged stuff(more stress & bs).Have to make P/ups by 4:00 to make same service time as USF does (and we still pick up a lot later).You guys get the picture.Hopefully woodnnn does now too.You can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig.

I have to somewhat agree with woodnnn about our ability to adapt at UPSF.They have to work at a faster pace to find and or recoup the smashed up freight so they can hit the street.Once they hit the street they run hard(I"ll give them that much)cuz they have a lot of explaining to do at the customers dock.Then they call in with exceptions and refused freight(stress,bs,stress).10 minutes on phone.How do I work around this stuff?It's a good thing we lost 1/2 or I'd have more in my way(relief).All deliveries off,refused frt.in nose.Time for p/u!!!!Only have1/2 a trlr. with all this damaged stuff(more stress & bs).Have to make P/ups by 4:00 to make same service time as USF does (and we still pick up a lot later).You guys get the picture.Hopefully woodnnn does now too.You can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig.
This is the reason upsf will not hiring wash old scholl thinking ltl workers.do you see what ups is doing to yrc as a whole.It will not be long and we can all read about whats for sale when they close the doors for good.yrc is the one the worst run trucking co. in the business and it carrys the most debt.THE END IS VERY NEAR.

also we don't call in or use a phone any more. we have a computer to send a message to dispatch. this is another reason. they just keep coming out.

This is the reason upsf will not hiring wash old scholl thinking ltl workers.do you see what ups is doing to yrc as a whole.It will not be long and we can all read about whats for sale when they close the doors for good.yrc is the one the worst run trucking co. in the business and it carrys the most debt.THE END IS VERY NEAR.
What the hell is a "wash old scholl thinking ltl worker", and why are you on Hollands forum making a sorry attempt at bashing us. At least I think thats what your attempting! I cant argue with the "YRC is the one the worst run trucking co." point. I dont think. Or can I? dammit i'm confused now. I need a beer!:knockout::knockout::knockout:

Gee wiz shoeman cool down, after all this is just a message board where anybody can express themselves as long as they follow the rules.
I'm not trying to get in your face,just trying to keep the peace.
Like I've posted before,we can all get along,if we can just agree to disagree with one another.
We are adults and should have no problem expressing ourselves without flying into a rage,in my opinion.

What the hell is a "wash old scholl thinking ltl worker", and why are you on Hollands forum making a sorry attempt at bashing us. At least I think thats what your attempting! I cant argue with the "YRC is the one the worst run trucking co." point. I dont think. Or can I? dammit i'm confused now. I need a beer!:knockout::knockout::knockout:

WHY WHY WHY do you think everyone that post on here with a different opinion is bashing holland? only holland employees allowed to post here? misery loves company?

Now THAT is funny :biglaugh::hysterical::biglaugh::hysterical: . It's sad that in 10 short years I went from being a steward to the point of being almost anti-union due to the lack of representation and their outright lying to us.

Has it ever occurred to anyone that the reason we are in this shape is because upper management made a bunch of **** poor dissections .
Or maybe it’s came to this because all the anti union men and women have road your coat tails and focused so hard on bashing the union that they didn’t realize their very own loving management team was sliding one in them and now we are all screwed.
HMMMM..... No that can't be it.

Heard a good one this morning. YRC purchased 100 and something acres across the road from our Olive Branch(ME) terminal and plan to build a 400 dr terminal. This was directly from a Yellow and Roadway city driver in Memphis.

I think"wash old scholl thinking ltl workers" is UPSF slang for real ltl drivers.He didn't disagree with my previous post,just said they switched from phones to computers.Probably the Nextels like we've been using for 2+ years now.UPSF tells them they are computers so they can feel special.Hope they have spell check!!!

It's called holding the white flag

Has it ever occurred to anyone that the reason we are in this shape is because upper management made a bunch of **** poor dissections .
Or maybe it’s came to this because all the anti union men and women have road your coat tails and focused so hard on bashing the union that they didn’t realize their very own loving management team was sliding one in them and now we are all screwed.
HMMMM..... No that can't be it.
Surrendering...giving up...weak...self centered...in it for themselves...don't care about the futures of their loved ones... I dunno...