Holland | Rumor or Fact, you be the judge.

The Cooper family buyout of Holland is stirring around our barn again. Anything to this? One of our ME road drivers was telling this " fairy tale wish" Friday night. GRIZZ

hiring holland drivers

at the min mn. service center the tm. just hired 3 fulltime holland driver at upgf and said they are the best he has seen in a lone time. he likes thme so much he is hiring more at least 3 more for now and more as they grow.

FedEx going after Yellow

It doesn't pertain to us really, but I heard from a FedEx employee that they just had a meeting (presumably systemwide) about how they are going to start a big push to get Yellow's (and Roadway's?) 3 day freight. Can anybody else confirm?

It doesn't pertain to us really, but I heard from a FedEx employee that they just had a meeting (presumably systemwide) about how they are going to start a big push to get Yellow's (and Roadway's?) 3 day freight. Can anybody else confirm?
we have already done this at ups freight and we are getting it. we are growing very fast where I live.

:hysterical: I laugh at 3 day freight! Just dont try to mess with Holland on the 1 and 2 day freight. you will be disappointed! Oh wait maybe you wont now that YRC has our hands tied behind our backs! Holland could move freight coast to coast in 3 days, and gaurantee it by noon. whats the big deal with that?

:hysterical: I laugh at 3 day freight! Just dont try to mess with Holland on the 1 and 2 day freight. you will be disappointed! Oh wait maybe you wont now that YRC has our hands tied behind our backs! Holland could move freight coast to coast in 3 days, and gaurantee it by noon. whats the big deal with that?
I'm wondering if we have any overnight freight left usually only have 2-3 bills of overnight the balance is 2-3 day freight is carolina freight, we use to get a whole load going to Indy a night. Lot of shipper aren't releasing product till have money in hand because the way the economy is!

Has anybody heard about a mass layoff Friday, Freight is down 40% ???????? This call was someone from the Whitehouse that let this slip

Yeah we are hearing some pretty bad things but our freight is not down that much.
I hear we are not covering all of our switches.
We are having trouble covering all our pickups.
This is getting weird

missing freight

in the carolinas i know of an acount that usf is losing or lost, due to not picking it up for several days. usf used to be the best.thanks yrcw

Has anybody heard about a mass layoff Friday, Freight is down 40% ???????? This call was someone from the Whitehouse that let this slip
Can't verify the "mass layoff", but we just lost two more city guys in GY, Michigan,to lay off on Friday. (10/10/08) We had 34 city about a year ago, pretty sure we are down to 22 now. One city guy quit three weeks ago, and another retired two weeks ago. Now two more laid off. :28:

Ok i got a rumor.
I keep hearing that we (Holland, USF?) are for sale.
I have heard this a lot since we started losing money.
But this time it seems a little more persistent and coming from a more wide range of people.
And that is the reason for the "massive " layoffs.
But I don't follow how the massive layoff ties in with the for sale.
Are they doing a last ditch effort to get us making money on paper so that we are more attractive to a buyer?
I just like to try and make sense of rumors even though they are completely unfounded.
Maybe its the amateur anthropologist in me.
Can anybody explain the reasoning behind this rumor.

Ok i got a rumor.
I keep hearing that we (Holland, USF?) are for sale.
I have heard this a lot since we started losing money.
But this time it seems a little more persistent and coming from a more wide range of people.
And that is the reason for the "massive " layoffs.
But I don't follow how the massive layoff ties in with the for sale.
Are they doing a last ditch effort to get us making money on paper so that we are more attractive to a buyer?
I just like to try and make sense of rumors even though they are completely unfounded.
Maybe its the amateur anthropologist in me.
Can anybody explain the reasoning behind this rumor.

It was after 10:00 AM when you made this rumor, so I take it that you didn’t hear any other good rumors so you are just making a new one up, just cuz!!! You are allowed.:rockon: Sounds like a good one to me. I feel it is going to a long cold winter for a lot of people in this country this time. And I am not just talking about us drivers; quite a few companies are scaling back their work forces to survive. Enough doom and gloom it’s the weekend pass me a cold one!!!:beerchug::party-smiley-017:

I didn't make it up I have been hearing it all week.
If I was making it up I would at least make some sense.
What does the time have to do with anything?
I only wanted to try and figure out the logic and what better place than the rumor thread?

I didn't make it up I have been hearing it all week.
If I was making it up I would at least make some sense.
What does the time have to do with anything?
I only wanted to try and figure out the logic and what better place than the rumor thread?

From 10-4-08: The Cooper family buyout of Holland is stirring around our barn again. Anything to this? One of our ME road drivers was telling this " fairy tale wish" Friday night. GRIZZ

From 9-5-08: "new rumor in JA is that UPS FREIGHT is trying to buy USF from yrc"
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Now that one could make sense for the USF group to be blended in with UPS Freight/Overnight. The deal could be made attractive to YRC by not taking those new ORANGE tractors). I am still they took the Holland paint scheme and changed it to something that could be very easily integrated into Yellow.

As you can see BP, you're not the first to ask or state something like this. Maybe some day we'll get told officially that we've been sold and everything is going to be great again? And it happens. :1036316054: