Yellow | Rumor or Fact? You be the judge.

[quote author=skijohart link=topic=57335.msg823124#msg823124 date=1271739593]
I wonder how many of you are making it a habit to pray asking Gods favor on this company.
[/quote]Hopefully you dont lose sleep at night wondering that! I'm just sayin, I pray for the well being of my family, not the company that rapes it!

401K Are You kidding me!

401K Are You kidding me! :rant:

Matching 401K with what a 274 Million Dollar loss in one quarter….
Are we approaching 2 billion in losses since 2008…
Hell this Bill Zollars clown is good friends with Jeffrey Skilling former Enron president now in federal prison…

Matching equals they toss money our way oops but wait a minute they have no CASH FLOW…..Maybe we can contribute for a few years and then they will go broke....

They cut this baby to a lean machine and 274 LOSS…..Zollars said he would be profitable in 2009…..Now he will turn a profit next quarter…. :buttkisser:

Re: 401K Are You kidding me!

Unless you can show me any link or even a news article link about YRC changing to a 401K this thread is going into the rumor thread !!

[quote author=R-14Driver link=topic=80697.msg834506#msg834506 date=1275433867]
Unless you can show me any link or even a news article link about YRC changing to a 401K this thread is going into the rumor thread !!
[/quote].............................Yrcw can not afford to pay 3 billion to come out of the pensionfunds..........UPS paid 6 billion to come out........this is all rumor........ :chairshot:

[quote author=electraglideatl link=topic=80697.msg834518#msg834518 date=1275435686]
[quote author=R-14Driver link=topic=80697.msg834506#msg834506 date=1275433867]
[/quote].............................Yrcw can not afford to pay 3 billion to come out of the pensionfunds..........UPS paid 6 billion to come out........this is all rumor........ :chairshot:
[/quote]Sure they can. Obama was going to help YRC, by putting it on the next Stimulus Bill.

the banks

I hear the banks separated the companys if one falls off the face of the earth the better one will still be in buisness. anyone hear of this?

Re: the banks

Where did you hear it?Breakroom?Truckstop?Bathroom?Believe it when you see it on the business news,or in the papers.This seems like our biggest problem in this industry.Someone comes into a terminal,or talks on the street, and says something like that,and all of the sudden the flurry of snow is now a full blown blizzard.

That is not in their best interest. If they were to do anything, it would be to specify the order assets are claimed or sold to protect themselves.

Rumors are all over the place.Lots of speculation,but the only thing for sure is they can`t go on losing money like they are. Everyone is concerned,but no one knows what is going to happen. These rumors only stir the pot.

I heard that the 211 Terminal Manager Bill G. had meeting with dock shifts Friday before last and told them that YRCW "broke even" in April, will make a small profit in May, and will make an even bigger small profit in June. That was the good news. Then he said that they had to lay off about 10 dock/yard employees that were just called back the week before. He said due to the Memorial Day holiday and light bill count predictions in the coming weeks. He said his "hands were tied" by his bosses above him. But, he also added that overtime was available for anyone that wanted it! Overtime hogs have been lining up at the troughs ever since!

I'm not a Teamster sure respect them though if it wasn't for them I wouldn't have the job I have now. I did work for USF at one time though and have alot of friends still there and don't want anything to happen to them or the parent co.. That having been said I heard a rumor in the break room mind you, that YRC is closing it's doors at 12:00 Saturday night thus avoiding the need to pay emplyees for the holiday and saving millions to be paid to upper level mgmt. I hope this is not true this may have stemmed from the rumor that YRC stock dropped to .15cents a share.

Every holiday there is a rumor of that or of some sort.... I believe it is just drivers :stir: to try to ruin their holiday of the other company's.

Everyone have a good Forth of July weekend!!!

[quote author=vwaggs link=topic=57335.msg843046#msg843046 date=1278121561]
I was told today be ready to work tomorrow and we are running Sunday.
[/quote]
Rumor im taking 5 day weekend :banana: :kicking: :tribe:

[quote author=THE WIS. KID link=topic=57335.msg835314#msg835314 date=1275748730]
I hear the banks separated the companys if one falls off the face of the earth the better one will still be in buisness. anyone hear of this?
[/quote]Well if thats the case then, YRC should either sell, salvage, or scrap the ******* side of YRC. How can a company be profitable when management is constantly harassing their employees with anarchy and warning letters. It is obvious they don't perform their duties according to safety. Plus, every terminal and equipment they own is either a safety hazard, or a piece of ::shit::.

Actually, I can't think of one *******/YRC terminal that would be considered satisfactory in an OSHA Report. The only way YRC can still make a profit, is by salvaging all the old *******/YRC teminals and equipment to Waste Management. If all of it isn't salvagable, than scrap it all. Save money and the aggrivation of possible future OSHA fines for unsafe work environments, in the long run, IMO.

If YRC is supposed to be a new company. Then have new management, equipment, and computer systems for dispatches and payroll. Can't continue to operate this business with this so-called surviving management ******* for YRC. They only thing they accomplished is putting this company into deeper debt, and making everyone miserable at the same time. Have to get rid of, or change the negatives in order to create positives.

[quote author=DanSullivan link=topic=57335.msg844947#msg844947 date=1278689925]
Speculation on Yahoo of another 50 terminals closing. Rumor or fact..you be the judge.
[/quote]

I will split the difference with you and say 25 .