TForce | Rumor or YRC's Demise????

Thanks for all the "good" thoughts guys. We're all out there on the roads together, different companies, equipment, runs, locations, but we are still professionals that work day in day out, night after night as safely as we can and I am proud to share the road with y'all..

Have one on me, BIGRNTN :guiness:

Why would anyone hope that YRCW goes belly up?What comes around goes around.I have friends that work for them and I wish them the best.

Amen! I fear for UPSF, if every terminal is managed the way mine is, we are doomed! :duh:

I never understood how "O" management in other terminals operated with different rules.
They just don't seem to want to be all on the same page.
We have guys/gals from the package side sitting and viewing how our operations work.
Not sure what that means, but I'm pretty sure these people are going to report their findings.

I think that this may be the year of drastic change in our company. The end of 'O' and the beginning of 'UPS'.

I hope so. We need to get on the same page in order to work together.
I guess the ones resistant to change moved on, others haven't weeded themselves out. I'm hoping UPS will now push harder.
I'm getting tired of the "O" crap. It's over, it's been over, time to move on.

Did anyone else hear the rumor last night about the sudden end of YRC if they don't come up with over 1 billion dollars to pay back a loan taken out to buy Roadway? Is this true or not? I posted a thread on YRC's board to ask some of those guys and all I got was a bunch of smart a** answers instead of just answering the question. Is this the mentallity of the average YRC driver?
I think you received a lot of smart a** answeres because your post said YRC owes DHL 1.something billion dollars.
As far as I know, YRC does not owe the package carrier DHL a billion dollars.

I think that this may be the year of drastic change in our company. The end of 'O' and the beginning of 'UPS'.

It was bound to happen. Do ya think UPS would spend a billion dollars on something and not want to run things their way? Soon we will be answering to Atlanta and not Richmond...

I think all it takes if for UPS to get comfortable with the LTL industri and learn all the operations of it. Now it's gonna be a hostile takeover..... Get ready boys, were in for one hell of a ride now.:Bondage:

I think all it takes if for UPS to get comfortable with the LTL industri and learn all the operations of it. Now it's gonna be a hostile takeover..... Get ready boys, were in for one hell of a ride now.:Bondage:
That's exactly what I'm thinking.
Parcel management guys infiltrating and learning the way LTL works, suddenly those Cheerie "O"s are no mo's.

and i agree its not in anyones best interest for them to close their doors lets hope they can find a way out of this mess.

I hope so. We need to get on the same page in order to work together.
I guess the ones resistant to change moved on, others haven't weeded themselves out. I'm hoping UPS will now push harder.
I'm getting tired of the "O" crap. It's over, it's been over, time to move on.

I was hired on to FedEx National this past summer and I see a lot of the old Watkins guys complaining about the way things have changed since FedEx bought them. Many have quit. It is only natural that the new management changes operations to match their other terminals.

I hope and pray that the economy recovers to the point where there is enough freight for everybody. I don't want any drivers out of jobs, no matter who they may work for. Good luck to us all.

I was hired on to FedEx National this past summer and I see a lot of the old Watkins guys complaining about the way things have changed since FedEx bought them. Many have quit. It is only natural that the new management changes operations to match their other terminals.

I hope and pray that the economy recovers to the point where there is enough freight for everybody. I don't want any drivers out of jobs, no matter who they may work for. Good luck to us all.

Change is always hard to get used to, Especially when you have worked for the same company for many years but at least its much better than going completely out of business and being out of a job. As for our situation with UPS buying Overnite, I see it as completely positive.

I don't see it.
All I see is a fairly good conversation going.

What I'm referring to is some of those posts are tainted with some elation that the Teamsters might lose some clout due YRCW's demise. But then again, what do I know? I just don't want to see less freight Teamsters. I want to see more. That is the whole point of the EFCA. More freight members equals more power negotiating future contracts. And who in their right mind would want to see forty thousand employees with out jobs in this economy? TE out....

What I'm referring to is some of those posts are tainted with some elation that the Teamsters might lose some clout due YRCW's demise. But then again, what do I know? I just don't want to see less freight Teamsters. I want to see more. That is the whole point of the EFCA. More freight members equals more power negotiating future contracts. And who in their right mind would want to see forty thousand employees with out jobs in this economy? TE out....

100% agree!!!!!!:bowdown: