TForce | Rumor or YRC's Demise????

there is no way SOH is at capacity in febuary in a down economy.

And the second part of your comment is just ridiculous, what if I am black and said we don't need fellow black people out of work.

If YRC goes under not many companies have the money available to expand UPS is one of the few UPS will absorb the majority of them, they will still be teamsters.

It may be in UPS best interest .But not in yours.

How so?

my terminal laid off 14 parttime since then we have had mandatory extra hours.....looks like they are coming back tomorrow we are still at capacity.

Are they already back? or are they coming back? Sorry I am just trying to understand this, you said with them all back your still at capacity, but if it LOOKS like there coming back tomorrow.

I think I have it figuired it now your named bigarms becuase your always lifting those flux capacitors into that delorean that I saw in that movie where they travel back to the future, so now all of this makes sense you typed that reply from the future.

Say hello to
doc-brown.jpg
for me.

we have been swamped at work.....i dont think only 14 people are going to turn things to where we are hurting for work that is why i say we are at or near capacity. that is unless we hire..............or we may need 1 million gigowatts of electricity.

I was a spare at yellow for several months when preston went out. I had 2 babys at home. I called for a start time one summer day and was told don't call back we don't need you no more goodbye. They hired there freinds from preston and nobody felt bad for me thats life in the big city I move on and got a job driving meat into NYC. For some reason I don't care about yellow but what they seem to do to other truckin companys is a sin. I was a spare at roadway when yellow bought them and yellow said they won't merge them together. I did not believe them. I can only imagine how roadway and new penn feel. good luck!

YRC will do whatever they have to do to stay alive. They are doing leasebacks, change of operation, and a merger. They just got 100 million dollars cash and 50 million more on the way from leasebacks.

YRC is operating at well over a 100% O.R, I think it is something like 117%. You will NOT stay in buiss. long that way. Zollars is a fool and the board that lets him stay on are bigger fools.

UPS can have the cheap junk freight because we are taking the good high dollar freight. Does YRC have any high paying freight though??

YRC is operating at well over a 100% O.R, I think it is something like 117%. You will NOT stay in buiss. long that way. Zollars is a fool and the board that lets him stay on are bigger fools.

UPS can have the cheap junk freight because we are taking the good high dollar freight. Does YRC have any high paying freight though??

Yes they do, and you are right, one cannot stay in business operating @ 100% OR and above, the lates figures was 125%, Or so I was told, have not seen hard figures yet.

Pay Attention

I'll only say this one time. UPS Freight Teamsters and UPS Teamsters are the next to give up part of their earnings. Your Corporate Management has given and now it is your turn. Don't worry about YRC....Worry about your 'stand alone contract' selves...:popcorn:

I'll only say this one time. UPS Freight Teamsters and UPS Teamsters are the next to give up part of their earnings. Your Corporate Management has given and now it is your turn. Don't worry about YRC....Worry about your 'stand alone contract' selves...:popcorn:
Haven't heard that one about mgmt taking a hit.I knew FedEX did.I know UPS had a hiring freeze at one time.

Hey!!!!!!!!!That was kinda rude don't ya think? We will not give anything up as long as we are profitable!