TForce | Rumor or YRC's Demise????

This one goes to Top Flight. I would like to reply to the part of your post refering to UPS hauling cheap junk freight. I am only taking a guess, but I would be willing to bet that you drive for either Con-Way or Fed-ex. As far as the cheap junk freight statment goes, I think you know about as much about freight rates as you do moon pies. The two companies I refer to in this post are the Kings of cheap freight. If one carrier can do it for a price to operate profitably these two carriers can do it cheaper, case and point. Fed-ex cuts 401k match, reduces middle management pay and the employees lose their bonuses. Con-Way gets to drive 1998 worn out units, and lose bonuses. When you can talk intelligently about cheap freight come on back to the (UNION) UPS Freight site, and have a good day.

Press Release Source: YRC Worldwide Inc.

YRC Worldwide Finalizes Bank Amendment
Thursday February 12, 4:05 pm ET
- Renews Asset-Backed Securitization Facility Early
- Schedules Analyst Call for Friday, February 13, 2009

OVERLAND PARK, Kan., Feb. 12 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- YRC Worldwide Inc. (Nasdaq: YRCW - News) announced today that it has finalized an amendment ("the amendment") with the company's lenders of its credit facilities and renewed its asset-backed securitization ("ABS") facility two months prior to maturity.
ADVERTISEMENT

Further details of the amendment will be provided on a call for shareholders and the investment community on Friday, February 13, 2009, beginning at 4:00pm ET, 3:00pm CT.

"We are pleased with the banks' support of our strategic actions and their confidence in our ability to improve our financial position," stated Tim Wicks, Executive Vice President and CFO of YRC Worldwide. "We feel good about the amendment that we reached and the flexibility it will provide us to help weather this economic recession. We look forward to discussing these flexibilities in our analyst call tomorrow."

The call will be open to listeners through a live webcast via StreetEvents at streetevents.com and via the YRC Worldwide Internet site yrcw.com. An audio playback will also be available after the call via StreetEvents and the YRC Worldwide web sites. Amendment details will be filed in a Form 8K with the Securities and Exchange Commission on Friday, February 13, 2009.

This news release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, identified by the word "will".

The company's expectations regarding the flexibility the amendment will provide are only its expectations regarding this matter. The actual flexibility the amendment will provide will be affected by (among other things) the company's actual future results, which could differ materially from those projected because of a number of factors, including (among others) inflation, inclement weather, price and availability of fuel, sudden changes in the cost of fuel or the index upon which the company bases its fuel surcharge, competitor pricing activity, expense volatility, including (without limitation) expense volatility due to changes in rail service or pricing for rail service, ability to capture cost reductions, including (without limitation) those cost reduction opportunities arising from the combination of the sales, operations and networks of Yellow Transportation and Roadway, changes in equity and debt markets, a downturn in general or regional economic activity, effects of a terrorist attack, labor relations, including (without limitation), the impact of work rules, work stoppages, strikes or other disruptions, any obligations to multi-employer health, welfare and pension plans, wage requirements and employee satisfaction, and the risk factors that are from time to time included in the company's reports filed with the SEC, including the company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2007.

YRC Worldwide Inc., a Fortune 500 company and one of the largest transportation service providers in the world, is the holding company for a portfolio of successful brands including YRC, Reimer Express, YRC Logistics, New Penn, Holland, Reddaway and Glen Moore. Building on the strength of its heritage brands, Yellow Transportation and Roadway, the enterprise provides global transportation services, transportation management solutions and logistics management. The portfolio of brands represents a comprehensive array of services for the shipment of industrial, commercial and retail goods domestically and internationally. Headquartered in Overland Park, Kansas, YRC Worldwide employs approximately 55,000 people.

Source...YRC website

Well we might have to take a pay reduction or miss a pay increase but I will only go along with it if they cut contractors by 50% or more at each terminal. and get drivers back off layoff

I talked to a yellow driver yesterday and another driver out of our barn talked to a roadway driver and they both said the same thing after the announcement.
"We were never going under, that was all just a stupid rumor some one started".....
HMMM I find that funny......
A couple days ago they were all asking if we were hiring, and now it's a different story......

This one goes to Top Flight. I would like to reply to the part of your post refering to UPS hauling cheap junk freight. I am only taking a guess, but I would be willing to bet that you drive for either Con-Way or Fed-ex. As far as the cheap junk freight statment goes, I think you know about as much about freight rates as you do moon pies. The two companies I refer to in this post are the Kings of cheap freight. If one carrier can do it for a price to operate profitably these two carriers can do it cheaper, case and point. Fed-ex cuts 401k match, reduces middle management pay and the employees lose their bonuses. Con-Way gets to drive 1998 worn out units, and lose bonuses. When you can talk intelligently about cheap freight come on back to the (UNION) UPS Freight site, and have a good day.

Now that was good reading. :popcorn:

Well we might have to take a pay reduction or miss a pay increase but I will only go along with it if they cut contractors by 50% or more at each terminal. and get drivers back off layoff
As long as this company is showing a profit, I will never consider voting yes on a pay reduction. Never.

yes you probrobly can be hired on at UPSGF, like the comercial says " NOT UPS, BUT UPS FRIEGHT".

He could be hired at UPS Parcel as well. I'm not sure where people are hearing that there is a no rehire policy by UPS. When I was on the package side for almost 3 years I saw employees and pt sups quit for other jobs and then 6 months later they were back as loaders. I left UPS a few years ago and was hired by UPS Freight.