SAIA | RUMOR- Saia buying another carrier ??

ltltrkr

TB Veteran
PREMIUM
Credits
:1sm364jumpbed:Heard a Saia L/H drv say that they were buying Land Air of New England. I dont like to believe rumors ,so I figured to see what anybody else has heard on this. I know its just a rumor !!! but the NE is the only part of the country you dont go direct to.[/B]:poster_stupid:

Very interesting rumor. Land Air is currently a mess. The only area Saia does not serve direct is the northeast and Land Air Express would complete it's North American coverage. This purchase would make sense due to the fact the Spencers have lost touch with their employees and are quickly dirving this company into the ground. Saia has the money and Land Air would most likely be at a bargain price. With some new ownership it could be a great fit for Saia. As a employee of Land Air I see no future for this company and I am an optimistic guy. This could be a good thing for both sides. Land Air has the people, the terminals, and the equiptment to fill the needs for Saia's last North Amarican hole.

Interesting rumor. We will have to wait and see.

if they did buy a n-east carrier--a jp express might be a better fit..land aire--how many facilities do they have?

land air is 4 to 5 times the size of JP, they have terminals in all NE states except PA and Del. JP has only 4 terminals, they rely on a lot of freight from Ward .

check out land airs page the land air going out of business thread the employees are not happy ... makes me feel pretty good about our outfit lol although i do see alot of similarities lol:hide:

Saia doesnt directly serve the dakotas or montana. When I worked at Saia we gave Midwest Motor Express the Dakota freight and montana.

I forgot about the terminal in Sioux Falls SD. I did a line haul run there once but thats the only terminal in SD. I dont know how far they go out of there.

I'll wait to see it on paper, but drivinhome your right about the company going to the bottom. This was a great place till about 2 years ago, and it all turned around, from pay cuts (the other 5% is do back in May) to the garbage they came up with for health Insurance. I doubt if I'll make it till May, and I doubt you'll see it turn around any time soon. New equipment, they keep buying sleepers so they can do away with most linehall drivers. I've already lost a couple full nights so a TLO driver could have the miles, I ended up with 6 hr nights. Not worth the drive to the terminal... It is to bad a good company gone to the dogs...

wait a minute.....SOMEONE has to say something here...you must be joking,right? this co. has made changes in the past few years that were necessary.(this included mgmt) ALL took a pay cut. 2nd...health insurance changes suck,yes, but look around you driver....were ALWAYS referring to o.d. well...look at their plan...IT SUCKS D---K! Be honest with your self driver. where you REALLY gonna go? yrc? no! o.d.? no! central frt? hell no! dayton frt? --about the ONLY viable option but you will still be at the bottom.....FOR A LONG LONG TIME! 3rd sleepers to do away with line drivers? --most ridiculous part of your post. 4th..where in the hell is TLO? did you mean TOL? lastly....EVERYONE gets cut every now and then...especially in the winter....this is NOTHING new...not only at saia ALL OVER THE INDUSTRY! (im sure youve been a freight hauler for 105 years) come on, man! How many people have we all seen leave at one point or another just to see them back at the term. "hoping to get their job back"?(i have on SEVERAL occasions in stl) dont let the small stuff get to you....take a look at your w-2 and make your family decisions carefully. have a good weekend all.

low-budget, i am one of the ones that quit and came back, and glad to get my job back, but if the other job had not run out i would still be there. this is not to say anything bad about Saia.