Estes | rumor thread

mildew

TB Veteran
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
I thought I would get this thread back up and running since i've heard something from 2 different drivers. I heard they were going to rotate all linehaul runs to give everyone a week or two of different runs to break up the monotony and to keep some of the whinning down from drivers that's been screwed from the senority thing. The drivers that has been here for 40 years on the same run are just going to have to get over it. I'm not saying I believe it but it is a rumor.:coffee1:

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't heard that one yet. I certainly hope it's not true. I think it's just wishfull thinking for the less senior drivers. I think the less senior drivers will "just have to get over it".

That would be one way of keeping the turmoil going in linehaul. Would be nice to break up the monotony in one respect, but if the senoir drivers wanted to run shorter routes, wouldn't they bid on one ??

This is not really rumor, but... heard that we should be moving into new terminals in Indy and St. Louis pretty soon,

I have asked this before so forgive me if for asking again.... Is anyone hearing about Estes opening a terminal in Erie Pa.??? I know it is serviced out of Middlesex.

Sorry Stimpy but hearing nothing about Estes in Erie yet. Any chance of Shoe opening back up there? Hope so as they seem to be the brightest star on the YRC flag.

I doubt they will ever reopen in Erie.... It would cost the company too much money for a change of operation. The terminal is sold to Fedex Freight. The old Roadway terminal sits empty, and it is small. Yrc terminal would have no room, it is small too.

Heard one of our guys was in a bad accident near the Cleveland terminal pulling trips.

Sorry to say Mildew, that is not a rumor. Don't know any of the fine details, but lady driver was killed and her two sons critically injured. One of our trips man was involved one way or the other. May the lord help that family to get thru this

Pretty good details of this wreck in the TB Accident Forum. Happened 2 weeks ago this coming Monday morning. Guess driver swapped at Angola meet point + heading back to 055. Now the one on 90 yesterday morning in NY. What's up with all this . C'mon.

Pretty good details of this wreck in the TB Accident Forum. Happened 2 weeks ago this coming Monday morning. Guess driver swapped at Angola meet point + heading back to 055. Now the one on 90 yesterday morning in NY. What's up with all this . C'mon.
Drivers need to learn to pull off on a get'n on ramp. 15 minutes, a cup of coffee and a can of Starbucks doubleshot does the body good. We don't get hero awards but we do get saftey awards.

Rumor has it that a big trucking company owes us money and offered us trucks instead of cash.

Drivers need to learn to pull off on a get'n on ramp. 15 minutes, a cup of coffee and a can of Starbucks doubleshot does the body good. We don't get hero awards but we do get saftey awards.

you ain't lying brother; it's incredible how much 15 minutes can help and don't get me started on those starbuscks doubleshots

don't get me started on those starbucks doubleshots
:hyper::biglaugh:
I heard they got a big tax break for hiring so many. It seems freight is picking up and they are still hiring everywhere. The economy isn't picking up though. I wish I could see the big picture they're looking at. They've bought some trucks also.

:hyper::biglaugh:
I heard they got a big tax break for hiring so many. It seems freight is picking up and they are still hiring everywhere. The economy isn't picking up though. I wish I could see the big picture they're looking at. They've bought some trucks also.
No kidding. Gonna run an ad/ Extraboard driver looking for part time work. Available Sat/Sun/Mon and sometimes Tue when I don't get out on Mon. Have friends in same predicament also willing to work part time. Call 800 no extraboard work.

No kidding. Gonna run an ad/ Extraboard driver looking for part time work. Available Sat/Sun/Mon and sometimes Tue when I don't get out on Mon. Have friends in same predicament also willing to work part time. Call 800 no extraboard work.
Lol. I hope all the new hires arn't just to line Robs pockets with the tax break. Many drivers think so but i'm going to stay optimistic.

Last edited by a moderator: