Estes | rumor thread

Might as well make all trailers uniform. Rebranding is expensive though when a company has thousands of pieces of equipment. Some used power units recently purchased were painted and some were not. The white ones were just given decals and the ones with that familiar "swamp holly orange" paint were completely repainted traditional Estes colors.

I always wanted to drive a truck with musical colors.
3757002867_7875185363.gif
3757002867_7875185363-1.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, they are supposedly merging with the Kearney terminal, but I didn't hear exactly where, only that it is supposed to be east of I-287.

Hopefully I'll never get to find out where the merger is taking or took place. I'm trying to stay south of the border for health resons

What? Allergic to the Garbage State? Say it ain't so!
That state serves a very useful purpose... it keeps the water off of Pennsylvania! For that, we are grateful! (Plus it provides a buffer between PA and Loonytoonia! I mean, NY!)

I believe the holidays, the 3 personal/sick days and the 401(k) match freeze were all for CY2010. Anybody know if we are getting safety bonuses this year? Or raises? I've heard rumors that the company didn't suffer as bad as they thought and saved a pantload with the 1 year of benefit reductions, so raises are likely, but until it happens...

Lemmee think of what else I've heard....YRCW(D?) supposedly defaulted on lease payments and payed us with 60 tractors. Anyone else hear that? I know we are short of twin screws. We've got a couple of former Penske trucks up here.

A little background on me - former FedEx Freight dock/hostler/P&D, spent a little time at FedEx National in Linehaul (and saw the merger coming, but nobody believed me), hit the lottery when Estes opened a terminal here. This is by far the best company to work for, and I have a few former members of FredEx working with me that strongly agree. I don't ever want to hear the words "increased shareholder value" again.

Welcome to Estes and TB fedestes. Great to hear you and the other ex FXF hands are liking it here. True that the equipment is a little overworked and scarce, but things seem to be gradually improving with a lot of hard work by everyone.

I believe the holidays, the 3 personal/sick days and the 401(k) match freeze were all for CY2010. Anybody know if we are getting safety bonuses this year? Or raises? I've heard rumors that the company didn't suffer as bad as they thought and saved a pantload with the 1 year of benefit reductions, so raises are likely, but until it happens...

Lemmee think of what else I've heard....YRCW(D?) supposedly defaulted on lease payments and payed us with 60 tractors. Anyone else hear that? I know we are short of twin screws. We've got a couple of former Penske trucks up here.
Welcome fedestes.
We are short on those twins also. I side steped a few coops recently. (Wasn't asked. Just didn't want to deal with any static) I heard we were paid tractors instead of money last month from a company. I never worked for fdx but I will take your word for it. I was impressed that they let their employees know about their future plans 4 month in advance.

dont forget they said the cdl was going to gret the bad drivers out of the system
Yea, I don't know what they mean about bad drivers. Drivers with alot of tickets and no accidents are probably some of the best drivers out there vs those granny drivers that can't see a curb or just the distance of a loading dock with a spotless record.

I have to throw my two cents in here. I haven't heard of Rob buying LME, but it makes absolutley no sense to. When Estes expanded into the midwest, they took the freight away from LME to put on their own trucks. The way it was put to us when we opened 138 was that Rob had a chance to buy LME at the same time he bought GI, but wasn't interested. LME is only a midwest regional carrier (and union), so there would be no expansion through purchasing them, only duplication in areas we already cover. And as I mentioned in another post, LME's former president is now an Estes Regional VP working out of 138. Maybe there's an angle I'm missing here, but I don't see the benefit. Just an opinion.