Yellow | Rumor Time

Personally, I could stand to have a 2 yr contract with no pay raise and a bigger cut into pension and h&w. Let the company put some back into itself. I'm not greedy. Besides they give it away half the time anyway. .5 on the bench, at a swap, drops and hooks, you'll get it one way or another.

OK you can all castrate me now.

TheBigR said:
The "only" thing that makes sense one way or the other is Dollar Bill would then control the NMFA agreement (by control I only mean he would have total negotiation control with the Union) Would be a showdown in Dodge City, who's gonna blink first.

Its all about Leverage. With ABF under the Yellow umbrella, Ole Dollar Bill probably thinks he would have the Teamsters by the b#%lls.:nutkick: :chairshot:

yo.....

not for nothing but, the quality of this rumor thread stinks.....

c'mon guys don't worry me about something that's gonna happen 2 years from now, tell me that they're gonna reverse the freight flow east and west and north and south......

tell me they're putting 100 sleepers in st. louis and charlotte.......

tell me they're closing maybrook, columbus, salt lake, oklahoma city and tracy......

tell me every end of line in florida is going to be 20 man gainer....

if you're trying to make me shake in my boots then, do better than what you got goin' in this thread so far........

think about isaac asimov or robert heinlein or ray bradbury and try some more......

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ps; remember the louder you say the sky is falling the truer it gets.......

ABF's Ceo was quoted in a transportation meeting that was posted on the tdu.org website stating that they're gonna step into the next-day frt. area. if anything, ABF has the money and resources to aquire a regional co. and not vice versa. Yellow buying ABF just doesn't make sense to me.

UnionTrucka said:
ABF's Ceo was quoted in a transportation meeting that was posted on the tdu.org website stating that they're gonna step into the next-day frt. area. if anything, ABF has the money and resources to aquire a regional co. and not vice versa. Yellow buying ABF just doesn't make sense to me.

I believe ABF has already entered the next day freight arena in the northeast. They are using the new premium service driver provision to make it happen.

It pains me to be negative here but all I can say about Yellow is I hope you guys in the bigger terminals are running a whole lot tighter and more organized ship then what I see every day because the new guys we have are so slow and sloppy, dont want to deliver the freight, feel that the co. is a bank and they can write there own check...then you got a supervisor who is asleep at the switch. Our terminal some days is like a big accident waiting to happen. If a real aggressive sales staff from FedEx or Conway come to our area....we're gonna be looking for jobs. Sorry...I think Yellow ought to be more concerned with just trying to keep the freight they have rather than buying any more non-profitable outfits. I love my job my the job security isnt there for me at all.

Hey Mikeeeee I had a delivery to the Big Sandy last week. Nice area, but everytime I'm up there it storm's. I peddle frt from Arlington (hwy 70) to Camden just about everyday. Long hours. Maybe reopening our West Tenn. terminal soon. Good possibility I may be joining you on the lake. GRIZZ

Mikeeeee you must be peeking at me in the shower at the Millennium, my lilly white legs never see sunlight. I am much cuter in school boy outfit than Angus Young. But he's a little better than me on the geetar

lazylarry said:
It pains me to be negative here but all I can say about Yellow is I hope you guys in the bigger terminals are running a whole lot tighter and more organized ship then what I see every day because the new guys we have are so slow and sloppy, dont want to deliver the freight, feel that the co. is a bank and they can write there own check...then you got a supervisor who is asleep at the switch. Our terminal some days is like a big accident waiting to happen. If a real aggressive sales staff from FedEx or Conway come to our area....we're gonna be looking for jobs. Sorry...I think Yellow ought to be more concerned with just trying to keep the freight they have rather than buying any more non-profitable outfits. I love my job my the job security isnt there for me at all.
Are you out of Lancaster, PA? You described us to a T Not the workers, but the deadhead management. Were supposed to be getting a new term mgr. in the near future.

pa-juggalo said:
Are you out of Lancaster, PA? You described us to a T Not the workers, but the deadhead management. Were supposed to be getting a new term mgr. in the near future.
LazyLarry is out of Reno, Nv.