ODFL | rumor true ?

JIM BOB

06/47-08/20
Rest In Peace
Credits
Just heard O.D. bought Priority today.BillyLo was on the money.Give it a little time to see if its confirmed.

Now the fight appears to be who'll get Priority's mothership terminal in Sumner. Tac or Sea. Both are in need of larger properties.

the first question is does OD own both SEA and TAC or are they leased and second does OD plan on a container divison in WA.Sumner is south of both so it would probably go to TAC.What amounts of equipment do they have in their system.200-300 trailers or what.

I believe the Sumner location has close to 90 doors and on a giant lot. It's a very modern facility since it was built in 06.

Both SEA & TAC are lease properties. SEA is 29 doors while Tac must be around 16, both have grown capacity. Rumor around these parts is SEA will stay and TAC is going to Sumner.

OD drivers have been reported being flipped the bird from the bought out company. I guess some of the guys are pretty bent out of shape about the purchase and are saying OD is doing them wrong after talking to one of their driver's tonight. Personally, I think this could be the best thing for the Priority guys as long as if their backgrounds are cleared to work for us. Priority lacked in pay/benies.

How many doors has it got ? Is it on a big lot ?

This is from a Priority Press release.

January 14, 2005
NEW CORPORATE OFFICES AND SUMER, WA SERVICE CENTER TO OPEN IN FALL 2005!

Our Corporate Office and Seattle Service Center will relocate to Sumner, Washington (South Seattle Suburb) in Fall 2005. Our new facility will be home to our employees based in our current Seattle service center as well as our new corporate office. The new cross dock facility will be built on a 7.5 acre site and will contain approximately 50,000 sq. ft. of dock and office space that will include 50 loading positions. This expansion is necessary to facilitate our expanding markets in Washington, Oregon, Idaho and California as well as enhance our overnight regional services.

This is from a Priority Press release.

January 14, 2005
NEW CORPORATE OFFICES AND SUMER, WA SERVICE CENTER TO OPEN IN FALL 2005!

Our Corporate Office and Seattle Service Center will relocate to Sumner, Washington (South Seattle Suburb) in Fall 2005. Our new facility will be home to our employees based in our current Seattle service center as well as our new corporate office. The new cross dock facility will be built on a 7.5 acre site and will contain approximately 50,000 sq. ft. of dock and office space that will include 50 loading positions. This expansion is necessary to facilitate our expanding markets in Washington, Oregon, Idaho and California as well as enhance our overnight regional services.

Thanks for the info cstaats,that place may get small fast.

OD drivers have been reported being flipped the bird from the bought out company. I guess some of the guys are pretty bent out of shape about the purchase and are saying OD is doing them wrong after talking to one of their driver's tonight. Personally, I think this could be the best thing for the Priority guys as long as if their backgrounds are cleared to work for us. Priority lacked in pay/benies.
Hey I remember getting flipped the bird when OD bought out WSKT!Now everyone I talk to that had worked for them tell me they love working for OD!They just"DO NOT KNOW THE POWER".odfl.com

Loss of seniority is probably what's getting you the one finger salute.

Yeah the WSKT drivers did not like losing their seniority. The ones that got on with OD are mostly a good bunch of drivers and seem happy now. They thought that OD was going to do them wrong but are part of the the collective now. AUGGH

Yeah Resistance is futile.When they get the checks with the higher pay they will still be unhappy right.

Can hardly tell that they were WSKT drivers now. They drive one of the few WSKT tractors that are still around every chance they get we just let them they will all be in a green and white soon enough. They cant get fired they would have to quit to get out. The Corporate will eventually turn them we do not even have to try.