XPO | Rumors Debunked!!!!

papabear530

TB Lurker
Credits
The latest rumor that we are closing is starting to take it's toll. Just today I had 3 customers ask when the "last offical day of business" is!?!??! Also had about 10 drivers from other companies share the "facts" about our doors shuting. We did have a meeting today to discuss the pay increase and the SCM was telling us about a "white shirt" (SCM, FOS.....) meeting is scheduled for Sun 10/15/06 no idea what it is about yet guess we will find out on the 16th. If anyoen has any insite cough it up.:shutup2: :busted_blue: :tribehasspoken:

It's a regional meeting. We're all having it (well, managers and FOS's are.) So it's white and striped shirts. And it happens every year. What's the big deal about this one?

Well, I'll help everyone out here. The number to call with any inquirys about pensions, benefits, etc is 1-800-421-4007.

Since this is informational, we'll see if I can get away with posting last names. Well, maybe not before Brutus yells at me.

Ask for Greg P. or Chris C. They are both in the H.R. department, and they will be more than happy to answer your questions for you. After all, we do have an open door policy.

**This is for Central, but I'm sure Southern and Western both have their own counterparts.

papabear530 said:
The latest rumor that we are closing is starting to take it's toll. Just today I had 3 customers ask when the "last offical day of business" is!?!??! Also had about 10 drivers from other companies share the "facts" about our doors shuting. We did have a meeting today to discuss the pay increase and the SCM was telling us about a "white shirt" (SCM, FOS.....) meeting is scheduled for Sun 10/15/06 no idea what it is about yet guess we will find out on the 16th. If anyoen has any insite cough it up.:shutup2: :busted_blue: :tribehasspoken:
this is were most of the problem comes from.people heard central freight and just assumed that it was con-way central express.

PR Newswire Business News: Central Freight Lines, Inc. Announces Amendment to Merger Agreement Eliminating Closing Conditions: US:CENF - MSN Money

papabear530 said:
Not sure it such a big deal just seems to be more hush hush than normal.

all of these rumors that we hear at our terminals and reships are garbage. even if there is a sliver of truth to them, they are all garbage untill released. we will all deal with them accordingly and professionally when and IF they become true.

papabear530 said:
.....SCM was telling us about a "white shirt" (SCM, FOS.....) meeting is scheduled for Sun 10/15/06 no idea what it is about yet guess we will find out on the 16th. If anyoen has any insite cough it up.:shutup2: :busted_blue: :tribehasspoken:

Standard Regional Meeting... They happen every year... This year they happen to be doing it at the end of the year... IT has been planned long before the rumors started flying...

RoadRage76 said:
Well, I'll help everyone out here. The number to call with any inquirys about pensions, benefits, etc is 1-800-421-4007.

Since this is informational, we'll see if I can get away with posting last names. Well, maybe not before Brutus yells at me.

Ask for Greg P. or Chris C. They are both in the H.R. department, and they will be more than happy to answer your questions for you. After all, we do have an open door policy.

**This is for Central, but I'm sure Southern and Western both have their own counterparts.
The Conway freight Central H/R staff can't and won't tell a thing about your pension.Use the form letter that has been linked.It was done in accordance with Federal law.A layer help put it together and they have 30 day too respond or can face a fine.Portland in the best place for that Information.

ace wheel cat said:
hey is this the same central that roadway owned at one time ?
Yes it is AWC. They were once part of the Caliber Logistics group which Roadway owned years ago

CCX1951 said:
if anyone wants Greg P's direct line just let me know and i'll post it

do not post phone numbers here please, send them in pm if you need to

Thank You