TForce | Rumors, Rumors, Rumors

syscokid

TB Lurker
Credits
Here at RFL we are in the initial stages of organizing. We have had our first meeting at the local and had a pretty good turnout. The problem is now guys are listening to rumors of unhappy campers at some of the terminals that have signed cards. This is causing some of our pro union guys to have second thoughts. Have any of you guys heard these rumors and if so what do you know. Any info would be helpful.

Rumors

LOOK YOU ARE NOT GOING TO GET EVERYTHING YOU WANT IN A CONTRACT.THAT'S WHY YOU NEGOIATE.I'M SURE WE WISH WE COULD A CERTAIN THING BUT IN TURN WE GET SOMETHING ELSE.IT'S LIKE A MARRIAGE:biglaugh::hysterical::hysterical:

Here at RFL we are in the initial stages of organizing. We have had our first meeting at the local and had a pretty good turnout. The problem is now guys are listening to rumors of unhappy campers at some of the terminals that have signed cards. This is causing some of our pro union guys to have second thoughts. Have any of you guys heard these rumors and if so what do you know. Any info would be helpful.

Gather your facts. Thats the best way to fight rumors .Over 5000 UPSF employees signed up .That is a bold statement.I have pesonally spoken to some folks out of INDY and they said I would do it all over agian NO REGRETS. Good luck:1036316054:

Thanks for the input guys. I agree with you all one hundred percent. Its just the fence sitters I am worried about. I would hate to see unsubstantiated rumors derail the efforts me and some of my fellow drivers have worked so hard for these last several months.

Thanks for the input guys. I agree with you all one hundred percent. Its just the fence sitters I am worried about. I would hate to see unsubstantiated rumors derail the efforts me and some of my fellow drivers have worked so hard for these last several months.

My biggest point to my fellow employees is that if we do nothing than nothing will change.

Nothing but rumors, everything is fine up yonder. Who ever is saying this , tell them to talk about something they know about instead.

Just tell them when they come to the truckingboards to stay off of the other more negative posting forums.

If they stay here with us we will take good care of them.

Unless they can't agree with us.

I have told them about the boards. Some guys would rather belive the stories they hear on channel 19 than actually do a little investigation on thier own. Now atleast I can tell them that noone here has heard of anything negative and if there was something to it , it would be heard here first.

I have told them about the boards. Some guys would rather belive the stories they hear on channel 19 than actually do a little investigation on thier own. Now atleast I can tell them that noone here has heard of anything negative and if there was something to it , it would be heard here first.

Make sure they know these opinions on the boards are nationwide.:1036316054:

Will do. Its Probably some disgruntled anti union guy from one of the barns close to us here that is spreading this stuff around. I'll definately be telling them to come to the mesasage boards and find out the truth.

there is somthing going on down here in florida, bid process frozen 20-30 year men having there run cut and having to go to the extraboard new rules in place, All this started the day Orlando finished signing there cards. This is fact not rumor.

Will do. Its Probably some disgruntled anti union guy from one of the barns close to us here that is spreading this stuff around. I'll definately be telling them to come to the mesasage boards and find out the truth.

The best thing to do is to tell them whether they are fot it or against, or on the fence, Don't listen to anyone. Go to the meetings and ask questions and get Informed. Its their future. People hear,read and Interpret things differently. Take action, or sit and wonder what happened.:1036316054:

there is somthing going on down here in florida, bid process frozen 20-30 year men having there run cut and having to go to the extraboard new rules in place, All this started the day Orlando finished signing there cards. This is fact not rumor.

These changes have nothing to do with the signing of cards or the union.Retaliation is against the law.:hide:

Are you saying that the terminal is retaliating against their employee's for signing cards? Other terminals 40-50 or so have not done this. Whats really going on. Make phone calls. Contact your local and let them look into this. UPS will fire anyone from managment that gets in the way of this organizing effort.

I drive for yellow in indy. I talk to upsf drivers and every one i have talked to is ecstatic with their contract. They would have liked to be nmfa, but that wasn't an option for a first contract. This is a first contract, and as such it is a huge accomplishment. If no other locations go union, indy will lose their good contract in the future. They can be punished for going union. If most terminals go union, you will see better contracts in the future. In numbers there is strength. If you want to climb the stairs you need to take the first step, not complain it won't instantly get you to the top.

I was resistant to the metric system 25 years ago, now I have a ton of metric sockets and bent wrenches. none of them rusty, just worn out. anyway it would be unrealistic, i think, to expect it to be unanimous

sysco,
The best way to fight rumours is with fact. Go to your local w/any questions that have been raised, then go back to the questioners with facts. Always attempt to talk to folks in
small groups rather than large, that way you can address the questions one on one and quietly. Remember this A lie will circle the earth before the truth can take a single step! Good luck in your efforts:smilie_132: