TForce | Rumors, Rumors, Rumors

how about I just don't do somthing stupid and take self responsibility?

Hey Bro, I say Bro because like it or not, you will be my Teamster brother. You might as well spend some energy towards being positive about this inevitable event. But any way I did not respond here to remind you of how prosperous and secure your future is about to become after you shed that " AT WILL EMPLOYEE" skin and grow your new shiny vibrant "TEAMSTER" skin. I just wanted to say that if you are beyond doing something stupid, and when I say stupid, I'm referring to making a mistake, then you are at the pinnacle of your career. And you are a better man than all of us. You should retire now while you are on top of your game! I hate to say it, but guys like you, who think they have seen all and done all, find them selves in a big pile of crap, one day, and scratch their head, asking how in the hell did that just happen. Take this advice for what it's worth. Just when you think you know it all, you find out, you knew nothing! Elvis out...

I never claim to "know it all". being positive? How am I being negative? Or are you saying becuase I am not making pro-union statements I am being negative? That is a one sided mind. I have said many times that I am not pro or anti-union I am open to either.

This happens every thread numbers come up in, the thread take a severe left turn, and the arguement gets dropped for week then the same "gains" are brought back up. I am not saying there are not benefits to the contract just that money is not one of them.

I don't understand what your saying about gaining in overtime with the ot after 8. With a system like that you only gain in very certian situations. Can you show me an example.

I believe he was referring to those weeks that you work 10hrs on Monday, 12hrs Tuesday, 10 hrs Wednesday and 8hrs Thursday and then whoops Friday is a Holiday. You get no Overtime, whereas, OT after 8, you would have received 8 hrs overtime.

Reg time 48 x $21.80= $1046.40 (this is assuming the Friday is Holiday or........

Reg time 40 x 21.80= $872.00+ 8 hrs OT @ $32.70= $261.60 for a grand total of $1133.60 with a difference in pay of $87.20 for the week.

Variable X= the amount of times per year this happens. For most hourly guys this happens more than a few times per year. On a case by case basis this could be a rather large compensation benefit? Couldn't it?

yes but you get 32 regular hours not 40 and (unless you were countng the holiday)

ot after 8 way
32 x 21.8 = 697.90
8 x 32.70 =261.60
for a total of $959.50

current way
40 x 21.8 = 872.50

for a difference of $87

yes this is a benefit but most people on here say they average 40-45 hours a week, and for it to equal the $1000 you would have to do this 12 times a year. That is not likely.

I never claim to "know it all". I am not saying there are not benefits to the contract just that money is not one of them.

1. truthiness (noun)

2 : "the quality of preferring concepts or facts one wishes to be true, rather than concepts or facts known to be true" (American Dialect Society, January 2006)

yes but you get 32 regular hours not 40 and (unless you were countng the holiday)

ot after 8 way
32 x 21.8 = 697.90
8 x 32.70 =261.60
for a total of $959.50

current way
40 x 21.8 = 872.50

for a difference of $87

yes this is a benefit but most people on here say they average 40-45 hours a week, and for it to equal the $1000 you would have to do this 12 times a year. That is not likely.

That is what my post said, assuming Friday is holiday? Its not a huge gain, yet, makes a small difference.

like I said, I did not bring the 3120 into this conersation.

If a road driver made 55-60k he is only working 3-4 days a week.

Ok, If I use your Average of 55k that is an average of 5.6 hours of OT. Right

I am not gonna use your average of one half 3.5% Everyone knows you have to put in 7% to get the full match.

And actually the $380 for ins is not average that is high. But Again I am not using my numbers to sway this the way I want it to go.

You obviousily don't understand what I am saying about 5 years from now. Every year the salary will go up, your 401k contributions will go up. At the end of the contract A city driver will make almost 55k at 40 hours. That is why you can't use $1925 for all five years

A road driver running 400 miles a day will make $78,819 at the end of the contract.

78,819 x.035 = $2758 in contributions

That is counting no delay pay and a single turn route, 1.4 for drops and hooks and .1 for fuel this is a real world average.

now take the same 5.6 hours you say is average and at the end of the contract a city driver makes
40 x 26.1 = 1044
5.6 x 39.15 = 219.24
1263 a week 65k a year
401k match of $2299
2299 + 1925 = 4244 / 2 =an average of $2112 for the 5 years
total contribution over 5 years $10,560

Using your numbers your still at a $1000 loss.

UPS had all of this figuired out there is a break even point somewhere, and they know it. If you average 40 hours a week and don't participate in the 401k then that is probaly the break even point of the contract, they know how many people are in that situation, if your working more than 45 hours a week and participating in the 401k then you will lose money in the contract.

This debate over money is not stupid it is how we feed our families. I apoligize for putting some thought in this process.

You need to add in the extra hours for all people who will now do dock work, since no sups will be allowed to work the dock or drive a truck any more, At my terminal, we estimate that at about 6-10 hours a day. At an average of 8 hours per day that is an extra $174.40 spread out the workers per day.

Sups can work the dock as long as everyone has work.

If your sups are now working the dock 8 hours a day, that is a full time position and taking work away from people, then they will hire another person To work those 8 hours. There is no increase of hours there.

Sups can work the dock as long as everyone has work.

If your sups are now working the dock 8 hours a day, that is a full time position and taking work away from people, then they will hire another person To work those 8 hours. There is no increase of hours there.

They can not work unless every single person is working. At my terminal they don't work dock guys wed or thurs and the sups do all the work. Can you back up your statement with any facts, they seem to be assumptions. Hire another person? why would they do that when they can get the sup on salary to do the work and not cost them dock hours. I don't think we work for the same company.:biglaugh:

Supervisors will only be able to work the dock if there are no barganing unit epmployees to do the work, this is correct. But, if they are sending full time dock workers home with 5 hours so the Sup can hop on a towmotor and break trailers this should be a greivable offence.

article 46
"supervisors will not perform bargaining unit work until all reasonable efforts are exhausted to use bargaining unit employees"

They can work as long as everyone else is working.

They will have to hire another person if there is 8 hours per day of work.

Remember casuals are not guaranteed 8 hours of work. Neither are the bottom 10% of fulltime employees.

This is one thing I can't stand to see is a supervisor working the dock while a dockworker sits at home.

[/This is one thing I can't stand to see is a supervisor working the dock while a dockworker sits at home.QUOTE] This happens alot at our terminal. Putting an endto it is just one more benefit of having a contract.

Could be like us... Our anti union guys at out non union terminals complained about the contract that they didn't vote on because they're not union because are against the union. Amazing huh...

Thats OK Turtle some of our guys are waiting to see a contract before they will sign a card. Some people have an backward view of things I guess.

article 46
"supervisors will not perform bargaining unit work until all reasonable efforts are exhausted to use bargaining unit employees"

They can work as long as everyone else is working.

They will have to hire another person if there is 8 hours per day of work.

Remember casuals are not guaranteed 8 hours of work. Neither are the bottom 10% of fulltime employees.

This is one thing I can't stand to see is a supervisor working the dock while a dockworker sits at home.

Part timers are guaranteed 4 hrs, when worked. The employer shall maintain a sufficient workforce to staff its operations with bargaining unit employees. We have many issues with the sups working our work. Drivers sit home and the sup will go out and make pick ups. That will end. A scheduled trailer comes in at 1030 am, but the TM sends all employees home at 945 am. The sup unloads the trailer. That will end. The sup comes in at 10 pm and breaks the trap trailers and jockeys in the yard. That will end. This will open up many hours of work for employees. This is a group benefit and all will reap the $ rewards.

Part timers are guaranteed 4 hrs, when worked. The employer shall maintain a sufficient workforce to staff its operations with bargaining unit employees. We have many issues with the sups working our work. Drivers sit home and the sup will go out and make pick ups. That will end. A scheduled trailer comes in at 1030 am, but the TM sends all employees home at 945 am. The sup unloads the trailer. That will end. The sup comes in at 10 pm and breaks the trap trailers and jockeys in the yard. That will end. This will open up many hours of work for employees. This is a group benefit and all will reap the $ rewards.

Yes we will.................

It depends on who you ask, the union guy that came to my terminal said contracts will be negiotiated terminal by terminal.

Ken hall said they were going to use the indie contract to organize ups freight terminal by terminal.

But others were told they were going by regions.