XPO | Rumors

Speaking of rumors, I did hear they are taking out the vending machines and replacing them with some kind where you are able to put money on your card that you use to get in at gate or some card, and you will swipe it to by stuff, it wont be in a machine, it will be open. It will be on a TRUST system I guess, they trust that you will swipe your card when you grab a Pepsi and sandwich, kind of like a company store and a commissary in prison, where you put money on a card, I can't make this up, that is what I heard

They have already done this in some locations. It's not a trust thing at all. Cameras everywhere. But it is a lot better than the vending machines. And they offer some better quality food too. I just pay with my credit card.

They have already done this in some locations. It's not a trust thing at all. Cameras everywhere. But it is a lot better than the vending machines. And they offer some better quality food too. I just pay with my credit card.
Oh, OK so it is true. They said the food would be a lot better. Good Deal

Speaking of rumors, I did hear they are taking out the vending machines and replacing them with some kind where you are able to put money on your card that you use to get in at gate or some card, and you will swipe it to by stuff, it wont be in a machine, it will be open. It will be on a TRUST system I guess, they trust that you will swipe your card when you grab a Pepsi and sandwich, kind of like a company store and a commissary in prison, where you put money on a card, I can't make this up, that is what I heard

They have this system at XCW. I was getting ready to leave and I wanted a drink and I walked into this little mini store and was like whoa, this is cool. Noticed the camera on the screen watching my every move. I liked it. Very easy and simple. Then when you go to pay its just like going to a self checkout line at the grocery store.

They have this system at XCW. I was getting ready to leave and I wanted a drink and I walked into this little mini store and was like whoa, this is cool. Noticed the camera on the screen watching my every move. I liked it. Very easy and simple. Then when you go to pay its just like going to a self checkout line at the grocery store.
Plus were already used to cameras watching our every move anyways.

Sure you aren't logged in? When I go to the URL it asks for my login and it previously(yesterday) didn't do that.

Not a member. Haven't joined anything XPO. Facebook page and Facebook group are 2 different animals. Only time I've had to put in my info is if I had logged out or cleaned the cookies on the computer/cellphone.

Not a member. Haven't joined anything XPO. Facebook page and Facebook group are 2 different animals. Only time I've had to put in my info is if I had logged out or cleaned the cookies on the computer/cellphone.

Huh. Thanks! Maybe I was just being over speculative. I'm real curious of any changes that are happening even subtle ones. Disregard!

Huh. Thanks! Maybe I was just being over speculative. I'm real curious of any changes that are happening even subtle ones. Disregard!
You can't be too careful with Con-Way and as far as XPO...who knows right now? Have to keep an eye out to keep from being blind sided but things can come out of the blue on a SC. LTA being shutdown is one.

XPO has suddenly made their Facebook unpublic. Before today you could view the company facebook page without logging in and now it requires you to log in.
XPO Facebook is not unpublic. There is a landing page to ween out robots. Enter the letters and numbers as you see them in the box provided to prove you are a human and not a computer program - You'll be granted access without a Facebook account or having to log in if you have one.

We've had the new hh's at my barn for about a month or so now. I think the reason, at least one reason, that they are not coming to every sc yet is cause there are software issues w/ them. Example: Right in the middle of completing an os&d write up, or any other transaction for that matter, the hh goes back to the main menu page and it is very frustrating trying to complete one's stops in a timely manner w/ this new gadget.. The IT guys really need to fix this and any other glitches before they issue them to any other facilities.
New software updates and new gadgets (handhelds in this case) always make me nervous. IT fellows are out of touch with reality. You gotta wonder, do they thoroughly TEST these things before they roll them out???