XPO | Rumors

I really don't know what changes are coming but just heard from higher up grey shirt that the top people had a meeting and a lot are afraid they want have a job after today. But I guess we will have to wait and see.
We can only hope that this comes to pass. Too many of the old guard brass still making decisions in my opinion. They should have walked all operations VPs to the gate on day one.

I really don't know what changes are coming but just heard from higher up grey shirt that the top people had a meeting and a lot are afraid they want have a job after today. But I guess we will have to wait and see.
i was told this MORNING( u happy now dave)(inside joke)our h.r guy was let go

My buddy said Mr.Jacobs will be at NNC Monday 10am. Anyone want me to pass any questions along for him to ask? :coffee1: I'm guessing he will be visiting NAT after that, so good luck NAT who knows what will happen when he walks into that dump.

My buddy said Mr.Jacobs will be at NNC Monday 10am. Anyone want me to pass any questions along for him to ask? :coffee1: I'm guessing he will be visiting NAT after that, so good luck NAT who knows what will happen when he walks into that dump.
i'm guessing this is atlanta/charlotte? the guy is based in conn...sure would be nice to see him come to the only reship in new england!(xsx)(springfield ma) does he have a date? i would drive down there for that to ask these ?'s Q#1 so what's the plan? it's already dark enough up here with winter,keeping us drivers in the dark about this is just wrong i.e open door(it seems to swing only one way)Q#2 under gerry detter our o.r was .87-.89 cents running empty's and no sub-service carriers + we never built headers or pures from our location(xag) we use sub-service,keep mt's to a minimum,and our barn builds pures/headers now,and yet we can't get below an o.r of .90 cents! the constant wait for these sub-service carriers cost us o.t when we can't get back to our barns at a reasonable hour what's the plan for sub-service?same ol same ol or is there a new outlook on this? Q#3 12hours and not a minute more should be asked from l/h drivers, this 14 hour crap EVERY night is b.s where's the dock workers where's the love he speaks of ? i'm not a dog!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Q#3 12hours and not a minute more should be asked from l/h drivers, this 14 hour crap EVERY night is b.s where's the dock workers where's the love he speaks of ? i'm not a dog!!!!!!!!

You have that handful of greedy bastards who will be crying because they cant milk every second on the clock. But I agree, 14 hrs a nights/5 days a way is absolutely ridiculous.

Catchtherabbit, definetly very much like all your questions!! Especially #1! I do get that working 14 hours a day gets old after awhile, but I'm ok with it because of the money I earn. I'm just bitter because I'm getting forced onto days starting Monday after I've been working nights for way too many years now! So I guess I'm saying I don't mind the 14 hour nights, but I understand your point. But yes, your #1 question, can anybody please let us know what the ---- is going on!

How long until all dock work is done by dock hands ?

How long until all vehicle maintenance is third party ?

How long until you close unprofitable terminals ?

How long until you start eliminating unproductive employees ?

Pretty much. I just wanna know how long we have until the ::shit:: hits the fan for real.

How long until all dock work is done by dock hands ?

How long until all vehicle maintenance is third party ?

How long until you close unprofitable terminals ?

How long until you start eliminating unproductive employees ?

Pretty much. I just wanna know how long we have until the :::shit::: hits the fan for real.

I will pass these on see what answers he gets.

A lot of us would like to know what the hell is going on and what the near future holds. Right now they're testing the waters, to see just how close to the bone they can cut everything and still make it work. Some terminals have been told to cut their supplies way back. I know one terminal in particular that has been trying to order a flood light bulb for one of the dock doors for over 2 weeks now. At our barn, the scm is buying the coffee out of his own pocket. And many of us can't plug our tractors in over the weekends because the power supply at our parking spot is either broken or missing. There are cutbacks everywhere that we're noticing and different barns have different needs for various reasons. I'm sure they would probably like to be able to wait a while to reassess manpower and operations but I'm afraid another round of layoffs is just around the corner. Hate like hell to see guys lose their jobs this time of year. I really hope things improve soon for all of us. This stagnant economy and an election year certainly doesn't help.

A lot of us would like to know what the hell is going on and what the near future holds. Right now they're testing the waters, to see just how close to the bone they can cut everything and still make it work. Some terminals have been told to cut their supplies way back. I know one terminal in particular that has been trying to order a flood light bulb for one of the dock doors for over 2 weeks now. At our barn, the scm is buying the coffee out of his own pocket. And many of us can't plug our tractors in over the weekends because the power supply at our parking spot is either broken or missing. There are cutbacks everywhere that we're noticing and different barns have different needs for various reasons. I'm sure they would probably like to be able to wait a while to reassess manpower and operations but I'm afraid another round of layoffs is just around the corner. Hate like hell to see guys lose their jobs this time of year. I really hope things improve soon for all of us. This stagnant economy and an election year certainly doesn't help.
Yes we would really like to know what is going on!! Don't really want to leave but how you suppose to survive working part time hours at a full time job, with 4 hungry mouths to feed. Dock workers at our barn getting 8+ hours a day, but they struggle to give me 4 hours last couple of days. At least I have a interview with a different job tomorrow!

jacobs is cutting the fat and streamlining as much as possible, looks like he doesnt want to stick any money into the LTL by the way their cutting back on supplies and putting XPO stickers the size of mailbox letters on the conway tractors. if he was in for the long haul you would see the entire conway logos covered on the tractors. just doing stuff as minimal as possible to keep the workforce water calm as possible. as every quarter passes by he will avoid spending as much as possible and make the LTL books look good for potential buyers. i've seen this before as an employee, fasten your seat belt.