XPO | Rumors

Rebranding a behemoth like Con-way would take tens of millions. And jacobs seems like a guy in growth mode. He is highly leveraged with all the recent acquisitions. So it makes sense to not just dive head first into blowing more money rebranding tons of equipment. Investors want returns and growth.

One rumor I keep hearing is Matty Moroun has some type of ownership stake in XPO. This time it was a Central Transport driver saying Matty Moroun owns 38% of XPO.

My buddy said Mr.Jacobs will be at NNC Monday 10am. Anyone want me to pass any questions along for him to ask? :coffee1: I'm guessing he will be visiting NAT after that, so good luck NAT who knows what will happen when he walks into that dump.
so did your buddy have any good info from mr.jacobs about future plans

so did your buddy have any good info from mr.jacobs about future plans
All he said was handhelds be rolled out starting end Feb., rebranding by end of year, and uniforms rolling out by end of March. He said Mr.Jacobs came in to meeting saying I do not know much about company, so I am here to find out what you guys need and what you thinks needs to be worked on. He said (my buddy) Mr.Jacobs didn't express a "plan of action". He thought he would come in and explain more details on what his plans are. Later found out Jacobs was in Atlanta Monday for a big conference so that's probably why he stopped by. This is second hand info from my buddy. I have been gone for two years. Best of luck to you guys!:usa2:

A lot of us would like to know what the hell is going on and what the near future holds. Right now they're testing the waters, to see just how close to the bone they can cut everything and still make it work. Some terminals have been told to cut their supplies way back. I know one terminal in particular that has been trying to order a flood light bulb for one of the dock doors for over 2 weeks now. At our barn, the scm is buying the coffee out of his own pocket. And many of us can't plug our tractors in over the weekends because the power supply at our parking spot is either broken or missing. There are cutbacks everywhere that we're noticing and different barns have different needs for various reasons. I'm sure they would probably like to be able to wait a while to reassess manpower and operations but I'm afraid another round of layoffs is just around the corner. Hate like hell to see guys lose their jobs this time of year. I really hope things improve soon for all of us. This stagnant economy and an election year certainly doesn't help.

" This stagnant economy and an election year certainly doesn't help" ...My very same thoughts as to why things aren't moving as fast as everyone thinks that they should concerning this transition from cnw to xpo. The stock market is down considerably in recent sessions and xpo stock is down sharply too...taking a roller coater ride. Yet I remain confident...and think I'll go out today, (home today cause we're really slow and dispatch asked yesterday if anyone wanted Friday off and of course I jumped all over that), and buy some xpo stock at a bargain.

There are already a bunch of barns using the new handhelds.

We've had the new hh's at my barn for about a month or so now. I think the reason, at least one reason, that they are not coming to every sc yet is cause there are software issues w/ them. Example: Right in the middle of completing an os&d write up, or any other transaction for that matter, the hh goes back to the main menu page and it is very frustrating trying to complete one's stops in a timely manner w/ this new gadget.. The IT guys really need to fix this and any other glitches before they issue them to any other facilities.

We've had the new hh's at my barn for about a month or so now. I think the reason, at least one reason, that they are not coming to every sc yet is cause there are software issues w/ them. Example: Right in the middle of completing an os&d write up, or any other transaction for that matter, the hh goes back to the main menu page and it is very frustrating trying to complete one's stops in a timely manner w/ this new gadget.. The IT guys really need to fix this and any other glitches before they issue them to any other facilities.

They are a pain in the ass in the city. Now on L/H. They are actually pretty nice.

All he said was handhelds be rolled out starting end Feb., rebranding by end of year, and uniforms rolling out by end of March. He said Mr.Jacobs came in to meeting saying I do not know much about company, so I am here to find out what you guys need and what you thinks needs to be worked on. He said (my buddy) Mr.Jacobs didn't express a "plan of action". He thought he would come in and explain more details on what his plans are. Later found out Jacobs was in Atlanta Monday for a big conference so that's probably why he stopped by. This is second hand info from my buddy. I have been gone for two years. Best of luck to you guys!:usa2:

Thanks 'Runningfor48" for the info from your guy in NNC concerning Mr. Jacobs 2 cents about what's going on w/ us. Good trucking to you over there at O/D.