XPO | Rumors

Mike P former XCO terminal manager was a year and a half ago when I left
Regional Manager of XKC, Regional Manager of XIN, Regional Manager of Minneapolis, Regional Shop Manager all office managers let go or the office managers had to become FOS, eliminated position, saving 20 million a year

Regional Manager of XKC, Regional Manager of XIN, Regional Manager of Minneapolis, Regional Shop Manager all office managers let go or the office managers had to become FOS, eliminated position, saving 20 million a year
So far, according to press release they have cut $50 million in 3 months in costs

We are getting ready to find something out, LTU has a meeting Monday morning with upper management, word is they are losing runs. But that is just what the driver's think. Usually when upper management comes to a specific terminal, it means they are losing runs not gaining. Plus, they have been giving out CC days every day for last few months.
Yes, he was let go along with 300 other people in management yesterday and today, and meetings on Monday

Appreciate the info. I know some barns will lose and some will gain, and I'm sure upper mgmt will keep certain rm's and the likes for newly created or restructured positions. I just hope when they lay off dsr's here and there, they look at performance and attendance, when deciding who stays and who goes. Otherwise they will pass up prime opportunities to get rid of :::shit::: bags

Hey DW...you think that they'll be dumping DSR's? I can see the dead weight type guys getting the ax cause they're basically deserving.But w/ the acute driver shortage...wouldn't XPO stick w/ Conway's old philosophy of 'coaching' the unmotivated dsr's so that they can at least have a chance to get their act together first before they're actually let go?

Hey DW...you think that they'll be dumping DSR's? I can see the dead weight type guys getting the ax cause they're basically deserving.But w/ the acute driver shortage...wouldn't XPO stick w/ Conway's old philosophy of 'coaching' the unmotivated dsr's so that they can at least have a chance to get their act together first before they're actually let go?
I think we are pretty much on the same page in thought VP. At our barn the first we lost were dock workers, but we have drivers on our flex board that are only working 2 to 4 hours a night because of the lack of runs. Our scm had enough info a week or so ago, that he's been expecting another round of layoffs. Then with what's gone on the last two days, including the announcement today, he informed one of our fos's that we will probably be losing some dsrs next week.
I'm sure this won't be the case everywhere, and hopefully it won't be extensive. What I meant in my post was that we have several ::shit:: bags with a few years of seniority who have a ton of disciplinary and attendance issues. Guys like them are like a cancerous tumor. Then we have guys below them who are damn good workers. They're dependable and they don't stir crap or play games. The work ethics of too many people nowadays just flat suck. So I hate to see the good ones get cut loose. Combine poor work ethics with getting rid of qc's years ago, and here we are. Conway created this, no one gets held accountable for wrong doings, and everyone gets a participation badge whether they're dead weight or not.
Sorry to vent, but I guess they haven't burned ALL the passion out of me yet.

I agree with what your saying but most people whom have been here any length of time know how we once were and know how we are now and quite Frankly don't give a damn no more cause they have lied and taken ::shit:: from us over and over again that most of us these days come in do just what we damn well have to do and nothing extra and hurry up and go home this pretty much sums up everyone I know ! Now if we was still run like CSE or CCX days well now your talking a different mentality all together we actually cared and did things above and beyond what was expected and it was much happier place !!! I do not see XPO returning us to what we once were I may be Wrong ? have to wait and see ??so far what I can see is he is all about the Money which don't look good for any of us cause he wants it in his Pockets not ours ! again I could be wrong ! just speculation here !
I hope he makes us better personally would be great to be like we once was but I think that is just wishful thinking ! :(

I think we are pretty much on the same page in thought VP. At our barn the first we lost were dock workers, but we have drivers on our flex board that are only working 2 to 4 hours a night because of the lack of runs. Our scm had enough info a week or so ago, that he's been expecting another round of layoffs. Then with what's gone on the last two days, including the announcement today, he informed one of our fos's that we will probably be losing some dsrs next week.
I'm sure this won't be the case everywhere, and hopefully it won't be extensive. What I meant in my post was that we have several :::shit::: bags with a few years of seniority who have a ton of disciplinary and attendance issues. Guys like them are like a cancerous tumor. Then we have guys below them who are damn good workers. They're dependable and they don't stir crap or play games. The work ethics of too many people nowadays just flat suck. So I hate to see the good ones get cut loose. Combine poor work ethics with getting rid of qc's years ago, and here we are. Conway created this, no one gets held accountable for wrong doings, and everyone gets a participation badge whether they're dead weight or not.
Sorry to vent, but I guess they haven't burned ALL the passion out of me yet.

Well if you're right on this ...all the freeloading dsr's better start looking for other job opportunities elsewhere or retire. Just thinking out loud here...if one has already reached the rule of 85 factor for a Conway pension, will that guy still get that earned pension if fired?

I agree with what your saying but most people whom have been here any length of time know how we once were and know how we are now and quite Frankly don't give a damn no more cause they have lied and taken :::shit::: from us over and over again that most of us these days come in do just what we damn well have to do and nothing extra and hurry up and go home this pretty much sums up everyone I know ! Now if we was still run like CSE or CCX days well now your talking a different mentality all together we actually cared and did things above and beyond what was expected and it was much happier place !!! I do not see XPO returning us to what we once were I may be Wrong ? have to wait and see ??so far what I can see is he is all about the Money which don't look good for any of us cause he wants it in his Pockets not ours ! again I could be wrong ! just speculation here !
I hope he makes us better personally would be great to be like we once was but I think that is just wishful thinking ! :(
Yeah, the old CCX days are long gone. And like you I have been here long enough to have had many things taken away including our pension in 2004 or 2005 whatever it was. Sounds like maybe I'm a dying breed.

Well if you're right on this ...all the freeloading dsr's better start looking for other job opportunities elsewhere or retire. Just thinking out loud here...if one has already reached the rule of 85 factor for a Conway pension, will that guy still get that earned pension if fired?
The problem is that I think they will probably go by seniority instead of getting rid of the worthless ones.I'm sure it will never happen but I think it would be great if this place would offer some of the very senior drivers an early retirement buyout of some sort if they want. Whatever our future holds I just hope for improvement.