XPO | Rumors

The problem is that I think they will probably go by seniority instead of getting rid of the worthless ones.I'm sure it will never happen but I think it would be great if this place would offer some of the very senior drivers an early retirement buyout of some sort if they want. Whatever our future holds I just hope for improvement.

Well things should still be done based on Seniority I agree there is some bad apples but many of them they Created with all the BS !
and I am almost certain if they fixed the real issues a lot of these folks would come back to what they once were just saying !

I heard a few weeks ago that Memphis Region and Atlanta Region were combining. And the Memphis manager was going to be over both.
The Milwaukee and Chicago regions combined; the head of the MKE region became the TM of XML. The old TM was walked out of the building

Hey DW...you think that they'll be dumping DSR's? I can see the dead weight type guys getting the ax cause they're basically deserving.But w/ the acute driver shortage...wouldn't XPO stick w/ Conway's old philosophy of 'coaching' the unmotivated dsr's so that they can at least have a chance to get their act together first before they're actually let go?
my opinion is there are guys everyone agrees, that they need to go.the problem is for an example; is say they choose a dsr that they deem unworthy and this driver can show that their are other drivers that produce less then him/her then what? lawsuits! i think it's impossible to do this with drivers with the exception of my first opinion.here's a perfect example; when i went to reship, frank & i had ways of loading freight on our trailers. he would stay at doors and load up all the docked freight, while i went to the strippers to get our freight! i would drop the freight at our dock area i never docked the freight in handheld just drop and go find next piece, so frank ends up with 30 mm's an hour and i have zero.as you know when you have multiple people loading same trailer you get frustrated because you cant under the other guys logic!this system worked for both of us doing it this way so does this mean frank is mr. superloader and i'm mr.useless?well if you looked at the numbers your anwser would be yes

The Milwaukee and Chicago regions combined; the head of the MKE region became the TM of XML. The old TM was walked out of the building
A TM is walked out and replaced by the RM based out of the same terminal. How oblivious was he to the issues around him? Hold onto your shorts Milwaukee....

my opinion is there are guys everyone agrees, that they need to go.the problem is for an example; is say they choose a dsr that they deem unworthy and this driver can show that their are other drivers that produce less then him/her then what? lawsuits! i think it's impossible to do this with drivers with the exception of my first opinion.here's a perfect example; when i went to reship, frank & i had ways of loading freight on our trailers. he would stay at doors and load up all the docked freight, while i went to the strippers to get our freight! i would drop the freight at our dock area i never docked the freight in handheld just drop and go find next piece, so frank ends up with 30 mm's an hour and i have zero.as you know when you have multiple people loading same trailer you get frustrated because you cant under the other guys logic!this system worked for both of us doing it this way so does this mean frank is mr. superloader and i'm mr.useless?well if you looked at the numbers your anwser would be yes
After 15 moves switch handhelds.....

A TM is walked out and replaced by the RM based out of the same terminal. How oblivious was he to the issues around him? Hold onto your shorts Milwaukee....
Or , how quiet did upper management keep their plans? Seeing the ax fall on people that normally do the axing - these people in management put a lot of thought and time into fireing their colleagues. Some seem to like it from what I have seen.

Let the management bloodletting continue, IMO. This company is bloated with useless corporate pork fat. We all know this company can be run much more efficiently.
Much more efficiently, I thought the company was intentionally trying to make stock price go down just so we would get bought out, (well I didn't believe that theory), but some guys did.

Cross dock production was ridiculous, 5 guys standing around with 1 guy on forklift and they would have loads to go with, That ticked me off to no end, We would complain to sector FOS, FOM, TM Regional Manager's, nothing would happen, They didn't care, and if they would let us leave then the guys on a short run would complain...

The problem is that I think they will probably go by seniority instead of getting rid of the worthless ones.I'm sure it will never happen but I think it would be great if this place would offer some of the very senior drivers an early retirement buyout of some sort if they want. Whatever our future holds I just hope for improvement.
From my observation of working here almost 3 decades. It sure seems to me the older more experienced drivers work a whole lot harder and smarter than the younger, newer driver. Its not always the case, but to me, it seems to be the majority.