Yellow | Rumors

serta

TB Veteran
Credits
Couple guys asked me if I heard Columbus was closing or going to a city op only. Never heard it before, but I guess its been going around for ever. Just seemed strange to me, since they got men in the change. Whats your thoughts, and hear any other rumors?:cool:

I heard they told them that if they didn't get their customers per hour up they would send their freight to nashville.

Heard another one, yesterday. Newburgh was gaining some more doors. Heard the people who warehoused freight up there was booted any we were taking the extra dock space, anyone got anything on that?

I work at Newburgh 123 and one of Yellows switchers came up to one of our drivers and told him that they were losing 50 doors so everybody thinks we are getting them. What we believe is happening is that Yellow is getting ready to start their Premium Service like ABF is doing and they want to keep it seperate from the regular dock operation. Only rumors right now.

Also heard YRC is supposed to make a big announcement? Is it the premiuum service? Or are we buying someone else? Or are we folding up shop?

I heard their closing 120 and going to split the work between 135,123,and 107 all have the capacity to handle the freight.Still hiring across the board here at 107!

stacker said:
I heard they told them that if they didn't get their customers per hour up they would send their freight to nashville.
We here that stuff here in chicago all the time and then they changed the bad scan ration and bumped it up what a bunch oh you know.. well guys i think the 309 terminal might be takin it on the chin the higher up managers are busy trying to goof things up so they can fix them. amazing running around causing problems then running to there boss to tell them how they can fix it.:duh:

Serta, Yellow has alot of Midland trailers in their yard,I dont know whats up with that. They may be moving them around for Midland.A couple of time a Yellow set will pull in and there is a Roadway trailer in it. They say they are using them to get them back to us.Who Knows!!!

Chicago Roadway said:
We here that stuff here in chicago all the time and then they changed the bad scan ration and bumped it up what a bunch oh you know.. well guys i think the 309 terminal might be takin it on the chin the higher up managers are busy trying to goof things up so they can fix them. amazing running around causing problems then running to there boss to tell them how they can fix it.:duh:
Hey CR......I told you that's the way it was down here when your District Manager was the supreme ruler!! More screwed up things happened during that time. When it was all said and done we were all on one dock, lost our rebuild shop, lost our propane refueling tank, moved linehaul over to the OB dock :crowded: , and had layoffs in every classification. All in the name of cost savings. No one said, at that time, anything about making money!! DS.

Docksteward said:
Hey CR......I told you that's the way it was down here when your District Manager was the supreme ruler!! More screwed up things happened during that time. When it was all said and done we were all on one dock, lost our rebuild shop, lost our propane refueling tank, moved linehaul over to the OB dock :crowded: , and had layoffs in every classification. All in the name of cost savings. No one said, at that time, anything about making money!! DS.
i remembered that, thank you for the info.
this is going to be a rough time i feel, hope we can hang on because these guys are all about themselfs not customers not employees:eck15:

Moparman said:
I heard their closing 120 and going to split the work between 135,123,and 107 all have the capacity to handle the freight.Still hiring across the board here at 107!
can believe it,if so I wish they get on with it!

I heard buffalo is losing to many customers, customers bills per hr 2.5, freight being delivered 1-2 days late. Their freight to be divided between 135-120-107

thegr8one said:
I heard buffalo is losing to many customers, customers bills per hr 2.5, freight being delivered 1-2 days late. Their freight to be divided between 135-120-107
Thats what a couple NE guys say, losing customers to late freight. Second hand knowledge to me though, so don't quote me.

lots of guys quitting in new england, too..i encourage all my friends to apply at yellow or roadway, then when they get accepted, say, "sorry, I don't work that cheap". maybe hoffa will get off his butt next negotiations, and hold yellows' feet to the fire. it might help if all over the country, the terminal managers have to tell their bosses that we won't work for slave wages anymore...

Heard that one before, heard they were going to wait for the 90 day period first, which is over soon. Any truth? who knows. Usually about one in five have some merit.

top dogs are quite.was to be a change in the midwest like the east.but as we all know that one is one major screw up.company people are all up tight,they don't know what screwed up things are coming.drivers are quitting all over hurting for people.so called sat.service drivers are via. all over because there pulling there loads to the hubs and they have no feight to run so they have to follow there loads.